Anime Limited wants to hear your opinions on deluxe packaging

Re: Anime Limited wants to hear your opinions on deluxe pack

Oh, I love the white/gray cases. If every standard AL release was in that white/gray case (Only have Garden Of Words in standard so unsure on what else might be using it?) it'd be nice, you could slip them all together on the shelf, much like Masters Of Cinema.

Man, we're such a fussy bunch haha.

Dannielle said:
Oh, I love the white/gray cases. If every standard AL release was in that white/gray case (Only have Garden Of Words in standard so unsure on what else might be using it?) it'd be nice, you could slip them all together on the shelf, much like Masters Of Cinema.

Man, we're such a fussy bunch haha.

Space Dandy will have it, Cowboy bebop/Patema inverted had a darker shader of blue than the usual

I like rigid cardboard boxes the best. I like the feeling of taking the disc holder out of the box. Steelbooks I'm ambivalent towards.

Ha I was just talking about this on the Blu-ray forum. If I'm honest with you, I personally like steelbooks however in my opinion I'd much rather get something in just a standard keep case/amaray housed within a rigid box. I always point towards my beloved imported Gunbuster Complete Blu-ray set as something I like to see. A sweet black Baccano steelbook would look nice however, but £49.99 does seem like a lot :O

The way I see it is, I'd rather have a box that I feel safe opening up rather than something that looks cool but feels like it'll fall apart when opening it. If you did go for digipaks however, I'd point you towards the Beez Gurren Lagann set as something that at least looks and feels solid. I think I saw one on your desk in a picture you took so I'm sure you're aware of that set. But yeah overall I'd prefer a standard amaray maybe in a nice color (black or white) and a sturdy box. Slap in some drool worthy cover-art and I'm game. Style over substance is a no-no for me. Please bring over Gunbsuter, I'd triple dip for sure! :p
JsO9W81.jpg

42g3l7K.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Beez handled the Gunbuster vs Diebuster: Aim for the Top! GATTAI!! Blu-ray set so I hope Andrew could try and get the original OVA versions for Blu-ray using Anime Limited.

Yeah I love Gunbuster to bits, it's my favorite series and I own multiple copies of both Gunbuster and Diebuster on Blu-ray and DVD but would love a UK release of the OVA's on Blu-ray, but I digress :p Just really love the packaging for the Japanese Blu-ray set, I find myself picking it up from my shelf just to look at it from time to time.

qaiz said:
Ha I was just talking about this on the Blu-ray forum. If I'm honest with you, I personally like steelbooks however in my opinion I'd much rather get something in just a standard keep case/amaray housed within a rigid box. I always point towards my beloved imported Gunbuster Complete Blu-ray set as something I like to see. A sweet black Baccano steelbook would look nice however, but £49.99 does seem like a lot :O

The way I see it is, I'd rather have a box that I feel safe opening up rather than something that looks cool but feels like it'll fall apart when opening it. If you did go for digipaks however, I'd point you towards the Beez Gurren Lagann set as something that at least looks and feels solid. I think I saw one on your desk in a picture you took so I'm sure you're aware of that set. But yeah overall I'd prefer a standard amaray maybe in a nice color (black or white) and a sturdy box. Slap in some drool worthy cover-art and I'm game. Style over substance is a no-no for me. Please bring over Gunbsuter, I'd triple dip for sure! :p

Oh wow, that's beautiful, especially the black Amaray cases. In fact, that would look incredibly good instead of the blue cases Aniplex used for the Baccano LE (and would definitely work better than clear cases too)

/\ /\

That style of release looks lovely - sturdy, but concise. Perfect!

Hey folks,

Some interesting feedback and ideas here! Some things I've picked up on:

1. Steelbooks are liked by some, but seems to be by and large a different subset of anime buyers to our usual so we'll save it for a project like a film where we can charge normal prices happily.

2. Rigid cases (like we use already) + Keep Cases seem like something worth exploring on our Collector's Editions going forwards as an experiment. We're actually trialling this with Space Dandy so you'll get to see it in action there.

Obviously for Ultimate's we still need a solution beyond what we've used to date as I agree, it could do with strengthening. I've 4 Ultimate slots planned for 2015 (2 x Film, 2 x 2 TV) max so I definitely want a solution in place by then. I think the value of an actual book with the release is worth a lot more than keeping everything at DVD / BD sized. Don't know about anyone else but I find them a bit hard to read mostly (maybe I'm just getting old though!)

Keep on piling in comments anyway :).

AP

qaiz said:

Am a huge Gunbuster fan so I am always watching that situation. It's a music clearance issue that's causing trouble right now on that or I'd have had it in my 2014 slate!

AP

@Andrew so next month's space dandy has a keep case and not a digipack?

Also you used 2014 in the two posts. Did you mean 2015?

Would I be correct to assume one of those ultimate editions is Full Metal Panic? I watched the trailer on an old ADV DVD a few days ago and it looks fantastic, I'll happily buy an UE, even as a blind buy.

dem Gunbuster teases. Would love for that to be released over here by you guys, if you can clear the music. Contains one of my all time favorite scenes.

Had Kill La Kill through the post this morning, looking & feeling around the box, that's the type I would appreciate going forward =]

4 Ultimate's? I imagine FMP & Escaflowne are the TV ones, not sure on film, PSW didn't go over well with most so not sure if that would be in Ultimate form, Momo? Speculation ..

anime_andrew said:
Hey folks,

Some interesting feedback and ideas here! Some things I've picked up on:

1. Steelbooks are liked by some, but seems to be by and large a different subset of anime buyers to our usual so we'll save it for a project like a film where we can charge normal prices happily.

2. Rigid cases (like we use already) + Keep Cases seem like something worth exploring on our Collector's Editions going forwards as an experiment. We're actually trialling this with Space Dandy so you'll get to see it in action there.

Obviously for Ultimate's we still need a solution beyond what we've used to date as I agree, it could do with strengthening. I've 4 Ultimate slots planned for 2014 (2 x Film, 2 x 2 TV) max so I definitely want a solution in place by then. I think the value of an actual book with the release is worth a lot more than keeping everything at DVD / BD sized. Don't know about anyone else but I find them a bit hard to read mostly (maybe I'm just getting old though!)

Keep on piling in comments anyway :).

AP

I agree about keeping the book full size, but I'm not 100% sure making the case the same size is the solution - as others have commented, it means the disc case is often then too big to store with the rest of your Blu-Rays + DVDs.

This is just my personal feeling, but perhaps if the Ultimates were essentially the Collectors editions (which always look lovely, and the rigid card cases are great) but with the book shrink-wrapped behind it or perhaps just sent in the same post bundle, but as a completely separate thing, that would work better?

britguy said:

Sure does - it's for two reasons - can explain if interested!

Also - I meant 2015 - I am living a year in the past it seems!

Best,

AP

BanzaiJedi said:
Would I be correct to assume one of those ultimate editions is Full Metal Panic? I watched the trailer on an old ADV DVD a few days ago and it looks fantastic, I'll happily buy an UE, even as a blind buy.

So far:

- Escaflowne (TBC depending on assets)
- Fullmetal Panic
- Film Wot I Am Not Ready to Discuss Yet
- Giovanni's Island

We'll see if anything else worms it's way out but I think 4 is the max we could humanly do depending on territories etc.

Watch this space ;)!

AP,

NB - There are other contenders for the Ultimate Crown too...

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:

Sure does - it's for two reasons - can explain if interested!

Also - I meant 2015 - I am living a year in the past it seems!

Best,

AP

Yes please. Always nice to hear what goes into some of the decision making :)

anime_andrew said:
BanzaiJedi said:

So far:

- Fullmetal Panic
- Giovanni's Island

We'll see if anything else worms it's way out but I think 4 is the max we could humanly do depending on territories etc.

Watch this space ;)!

AP,

Oh yeah! Giovanni's Island, durr brain fart.

Cannot express how excited I am for Escaflowne. hnggg.

EDIT: While we have you here Andrew, noticed the dispatch on Perfect Blue Collectors set is 1-4 weeks: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfect-Blue-Co ... me+limited & that part one of Bebop Collectors is out of stock: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowboy-Bebop-Co ... me+limited ... .OOP imminent?

I am genuinely excited about Escaflowne to ridiculous levels - can't wait to see what the Blu-Ray transfer does for the show, will be a major step up from the old Beez DVDs with the funny segmented menus. One of my favourite OP themes of all time too.

Dannielle said:
anime_andrew said:
BanzaiJedi said:

So far:

- Fullmetal Panic
- Giovanni's Island

Watch this space ;)!

AP,

Oh yeah! Giovanni's Island, durr brain fart.

Cannot express how excited I am for Escaflowne. hnggg.

EDIT: While we have you here Andrew, noticed the dispatch on Perfect Blue Collectors set is 1-4 weeks: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfect-Blue-Co ... me+limited & that part one of Bebop Collectors is out of stock: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowboy-Bebop-Co ... me+limited ... .OOP imminent?

Yep - we printed 5,000 of Bebop Part 1 - all of them are now gone! They should be marked as discontinued so no idea why Amazon lists it as delivery time ???? on it! We have some left on our store and that's it now and other retail that has them.

Perfect Blue Collector's is OOP but you never know, may have some cool surprises on that film yet ;).

AP

Back