Anime Limited to release Sword Art Online II

The fight between Eugene and Kirito at the end of volume 3 is perfectly fine, as are the opening action scenes in ALO with Leafa and Recon. The core concepts behind the use of flying in ALO (and the general game structure) are also sound.

ilmaestro said:
The fight between Eugene and Kirito at the end of volume 3 is perfectly fine, as are the opening action scenes in ALO with Leafa and Recon. The core concepts behind the use of flying in ALO (and the general game structure) are also sound.
Aye I'll give you those. FD is still a mess and you can sort of see where the numbers were filed off of some Accel World concepts (Now where's my Season 2 of that?)

ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, Phantom Bullet could have stood to have had like three less episodes and less fascination with Shinon's Behind.
Mother's Rosario really overshadowed anything that came before it in that season.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I haven't seen the show, but isn't it incest?
Only in the sense that Ai Yori Aoshi's lead is a lolicon. There's an incest option in the extended harem, but the OTP is set in concrete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhere out there, there's a SAO / Oreimo crossover incest-fest waiting to be made...

Last edited by a moderator:
Cel said:
robot monkey said:
Yukifan said:
I'm not that interested in SAO so I'll probably not be getting this.

Snap. Never understood why people rave about it as a show, the art alone puts my teeth on edge.

You don't like the art? I thought it was probably the best thing about the show in all honesty.

To me it's horribly angular with stick like figures, I really dislike that kind of character design & for the most part will not buy shows that feature similar.

It's just the usual generic tasteless character design and art direction. There's really nothing of interest in it.

There's just no appeal to it.

Isn't it obvious…?

I think ( :roll: ) SAO is a terrible show and I don't understand how people can enjoy it. I know there are colours and tastes but still, i'm having an hard time believing it.

SAO is popular for the same reason Naruto, One Piece, Attack on Titan, the X Factor and Michael Bay movies are popular - not everything has to be high art or high concept. Sometimes a simple idea executed well can be just as effective.

I would challenge anyone who hated the first series to at the very least give the Mother's Rosario arc a go, as it pretty much transforms it into a completely different show and is really, strikingly mature in places.

SpaceDandy said:
Isn't it obvious…?

I think ( :roll: ) SAO is a terrible show and I don't understand how people can enjoy it. I know there are colours and tastes but still, i'm having an hard time believing it.

That's fine, no need to criticise other peoples tastes though, I enjoyed the show. Nothing special but still good fun! I'm not gonna start ranting just because you don't like what I like ;)

Well it's definitely selling (on Amazon at least).

#1 Best Seller in World Cinema
#42 in Blu-Ray
#235 sales rank (is this overall?)

Can I see the problems with SAO? Yes.
Does it stop my enjoying it? No.

Same with Mahouka, and any number of shows with other blatant issues (I suddenly have a hankering for some Astarotte no Omocha...)

msgeek said:
Well it's definitely selling (on Amazon at least).

#1 Best Seller in World Cinema
#42 in Blu-Ray
#235 sales rank (is this overall?)

Wow, congrats Anime Limited. Let's hope that keeps up so that it pays for them licensing LotGH next :D

R

mangaman74 said:
Not seen the first series (crap UK release by Manga vs too expensive US release by Aniplex) so I think I'll give this a miss.

I heard this before, what is exactly wrong with Manga's release? I am planning to buy the first 2 volumes some time, the novelty wore off after that point but it was a fun show up until that point.

The usaual manga NTSC to PAL nonsense. It was really horrendous in the Omake where they somehow slowed the video down to the point where the audio was playing at I think 85% and given that Omake was exclusive to the overly expensive BR sets, that was not on.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
mangaman74 said:
Not seen the first series (crap UK release by Manga vs too expensive US release by Aniplex) so I think I'll give this a miss.

I heard this before, what is exactly wrong with Manga's release? I am planning to buy the first 2 volumes some time, the novelty wore off after that point but it was a fun show up until that point.

1) Chapter markings were off; so if you wanted to skip the opening (which is actually good) you'd find yourself 4 minutes into the episode

2) one of the extras in one of the volumes (Japanese with English subs) had an audio issue and it went out of sync; thus making it unwatchable.

Back