Anime Limited Start Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter for English Language Release

Re: Anime Limited Start Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter for Engl

britguy said:
Yeah but where does the extra $25k come from to fund it? Unless you mean bodging it for much cheaper and saying "Here Mr Clements, here's your fee, no record it on to this laptop via this microphone and we're done"
Oh sorry, I misheard, I thought you meant he already made it and it was just a case of getting it past Joe in Japan. Hence me going "Well if you can't do it that way, there's nothing stoping a riftrax"

I've gone and backed the project for $55 as my first Kickstarter. I'm really liking the Anime Limited releases and find myself hesitant to pick up some US releases in case they grab them. Would much rather support AL, especially as I'm trying to avoid importing. Nice to come back into the fandom and find a new UK anime company really making an effort. I'm happy to support them.

The only thing that would make me even happier with them is if they licensed Lodoss Wars with the recent Japanese remastering, but I'm not that lucky. :(

I just checked the most recent update on Kickstarter, and I noticed that someone had pulled out of the $45 early bird tier, presumably to wait for the $30 pledge, so I dropped my pledge from $55. I feel kind of bad, but the project is funded several times over and I'm very very skint at the moment. Sorry Andrew :'(

st_owly said:
I just checked the most recent update on Kickstarter, and I noticed that someone had pulled out of the $45 early bird tier, presumably to wait for the $30 pledge, so I dropped my pledge from $55. I feel kind of bad, but the project is funded several times over and I'm very very skint at the moment. Sorry Andrew :'(

Don't worry at all! Perfectly natural and this is always a kind of shuffling time for folks when a new tier opens :).

The support is 100% welcomed :)!

Andrew

I feel the lack of a new stretch goal until next week could be detrimental to the kick starter. But maybe that's just me? Timing is paramount with these things to Maintain interest and create momentum.

I look forward to hearing about the next one though.

britguy said:
I feel the lack of a new stretch goal until next week could be detrimental to the kick starter. But maybe that's just me? Timing is paramount with these things to Maintain interest and create momentum.

I look forward to hearing about the next one though.

I'd argue we're over 250% funded, have enough to dub the film and do a collectors edition that would have otherwise been tantamount to placing everything on Red 19 in Roulette. All without creating a Kickstarter that bleeds money :).

You're absolutely right that timing is paramount but you can't rush Avex on the OST and I'd rather offer goals that people actually want than a banal feeling that we're offering one just because it's expected or to wring some more cash out of fans (I hate Kickstarter's that do that).

As I'm pretty sure the next goal will be $95k or $100k though, lot of climbing to do to reach it - not impossible though and the support has been greatly welcomed by fans :)! This isn't a film with a huge cult following or even one that's had much of a chance out in the English speaking world barring festivals and a special run via the Japan Foundation - so we knew it'd be a real challenge.

Everyone has come out though and helped prove it is possible to make this kind of thing work though - so even if the KS ended today, I'd be very happy with how it went :).

There's my Kickstarter-based diatribe over for a bit - the TL;DR is I'm going to update as soon as we have a reply on that soundtrack and have some other options in mind - but no point rushing it and very happy to offer folks a way to get this film in the best version possible :).

Andrew

That's perfectly understandable andrew and I appreciate your comments, I just hope that it's not too long before the next target is officially announced because the longer the wait, the less likely it is to reach the target, but again, thanks for the feedback and I love what you guys are doing for the UK market :thumb:

So I noticed an early bird available and changed my bid from the $55 to the $45 (sorry - money is tight). However, the price is still showing as $55. Should this not have updated?

@Elaniel - You have to select the new reward tier. Change the price, then go to the list of tiers on the right and select the $45 one.

For some reason, I only just got the automated email from Kickstarter saying "your card will now be charged", even though it was successfully charged 5 days ago :p

Anywho, I'm bored, so I thought I'd run this through Kicktraq just to have a quick look at how it trended. Firstly, the pledges per day:
dailypledges.png

As is standard, it was very frontloaded, tailed off in the middle, then boosted at the end. It's a fairly similar trend to the Time of Eve Kickstarter.

dailypledges.png

Time of Eve had more of a boost in funds in the last third though, I put that down to the stretch goal for the fan book to be translated into English.

Here's the number of backers per day:
dailybackers.png

There's a couple of little boosts in the backer numbers on the 10th and the 20th. The blip on the 10th roughly corresponded with the Great Stretch Goal Choice War™. The boost on the 20th was due to the addition of the $30 tier.

There's a couple more graphs and stuff at the Kicktraq website. It's quite interesting seeing how the updates during the campaign affected the rate of pledging.

I panicked and had to check my bank when I got the email. Yeah, I was charged a while ago too.

In an update sent out today, Anime Limited have given backers of the digital copy a link to where they can download MP4s of the subtitled version of Mai Mai Miracle in 1080p, 720p, SD or Mobile SD.

ETA on the physical backer copies is May 2015.

Good to hear, I'll probably won't be able to watch it at home with my weak 1Mb/s download speed.

I'm guessing there's no Ultimate set for this (makes sense it was done and dusted way before the Ultimates existed). The artbook could be big enough for one or perhaps the Americans might not be too pleased.

I imagine it won't be until April sometime as the physical release isn't due before then.

Back