Anime Limited Start Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter for English Language Release

Re: Anime Limited Launch Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter

Pretty close in prediction, it was one of the three I predicted after doing some research.

Also, Kickstarter won't be live for a while according to the FB page.

Never heard of this film, but just watched the trailer and it definitely looks like something i'd enjoy. I will definitely back. I'll wait to see what the different backing levels are before deciding the amount, i'll probably be willing to go up to £35.

£30,000 eh? I hope they can get that sort of backing.

With both the UK and the US, $30,000 should be quite achievable if the campaign is well done. The Time of Eve Kickstarter campaign is a good model to follow for this one.

I've heard good things about the film too. I wish Anime Limited all the best with this.

I already own the film as an import and found it a nice little family movie. My mother-in-law enjoyed it too, which is a rarity.

It's very interesting to me that they're planning a US-UK collaboration, though, so I'm going to support this Kickstarter despite already having the disc. A BD upgrade is never a bad thing.

R

Not gonna lie - I'm backing the crap out of this once it goes live.
The trailer AL posted makes it look like a lovely film - one I can say I'd honestly never heard of before.

I hadn't heard about it today, but I will seriously consider backing it.

Draft Kickstarter page is live with their pitch and pledge details.

The lower pledge levels are similar to Time of Eve as expected, but they've really gone for it with the higher tiers. I think there's a decent range of options there. They're taking a leaf out the Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter and are going to have a "Crowd Production" budget, with people having a direct say in what a certain portion of the funds will be used for. I'll be honest and say that the uncertainties and murkiness regarding that part contributed to me pulling my Bubblegum Crisis pledge, but that's purely down to my personal preferences and no fault of the approach of the Kickstarter.

Other than that, I think it's a nice, professional looking campaign that clearly sets out what Anime Limited are going to do with the funds. I don't think it'll have a problem meeting its goal if they can keep the awareness high throughout.

Ath said:
Draft Kickstarter page is live with their pitch and pledge details.

The lower pledge levels are similar to Time of Eve as expected, but they've really gone for it with the higher tiers. I think there's a decent range of options there. They're taking a leaf out the Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter and are going to have a "Crowd Production" budget, with people having a direct say in what a certain portion of the funds will be used for. I'll be honest and say that the uncertainties and murkiness regarding that part contributed to me pulling my Bubblegum Crisis pledge, but that's purely down to my personal preferences and no fault of the approach of the Kickstarter.

Other than that, I think it's a nice, professional looking campaign that clearly sets out what Anime Limited are going to do with the funds. I don't think it'll have a problem meeting its goal if they can keep the awareness high throughout.

Thanks for the look over it :)! Regarding crowd production - the realities of that are something I'll go into more detail of throughout but in my mind it's a case of help decide what you're backing as a stretch goal.

So whereas there was murkiness before with BGC (though not a fault) mine is much more orientated on offering two choices at anytime on Kickstarter toward stretches if we make it - the first one of course would be a dub though assuming we meet the goal. From there we'd like to give people choices on how their money is spent - but after the fact it's difficult to do so I think so it'd be very active-involvement during the KS project resulting in a set stretch goal.

Sound good / make sense?

Best,

AP

Ahhh, I see where you're coming from Andrew. So it's basically a way of deciding which stretch goals should be prioritised based on backer response? I think that's a sound approach. Thanks for the response as ever! :)

See, i'm of the thinking that any dub would likely delay the project past the anticipated October delivery date? Seeing as i'm not going to watch the dub i'm not fussed, but obviously with the KS it's going to be down to the backers what the decision is in the long run.

Just as long as it looks as nice as the Bebop/Perfect Blue sets i'm not fussed with what people decide as long as I get it in my collection at some point :)

If I had $10,000 I would probably give that much because that is a really awesome stretch goal, but as I don't I am very interested in pledging enough to get me a physical copy.

Although Andrew, if you would accept $10,000 in Monopoly money as well....xD.

I don't care about a dub either, but I won't argue if that's what people want :D britguy's stance is the most reasonable.

Since it's both US and UK, I should think it will hit the target so long as people remember to spread the word when the pledging opens. My wallet is certainly ready to participate.

R

According to Facebook, the link for the Kickstarter project will be posted at 17.00.

Backed at the early bird rate for teh BD/DVD set, cannot wait for this now, i've watched the trailer several times now, such a beautiful looking and sounding trailer.

Back