Anime Limited Reveal New Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition Details

Re: Anime Limited Reveal New Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition

sniper_samurai said:
My copy still hasn't shipped. Hopefully it will today as I have now been charged for it.
Ugh, now I've got a message from customer services saying I need to cancel and reorder due to a processing error. There isn't enough left on my debit card now as they took their money this morning, and I got charged for Bayonetta from Game yesterday, which I wont get back for a few days if I cancel, plus I used my rewardz points and a 10% off coupon to bring the price down to £78. FFS

#1063 for me, just over halfway through the production run :)

^^ Unlucky mate, sounds like a right ball-ache!

sniper_samurai said:
sniper_samurai said:
My copy still hasn't shipped. Hopefully it will today as I have now been charged for it.
Ugh, now I've got a message from customer services saying I need to cancel and reorder due to a processing error. There isn't enough left on my debit card now as they took their money this morning, and I got charged for Bayonetta from Game yesterday, which I wont get back for a few days if I cancel, plus I used my rewardz points and a 10% off coupon to bring the price down to £78. FFS

Say that to them, it's within your rights as a customer. You shouldn't have to pay anymore than you did originally.

Edit: Wait, I read that wrong. They took the money for GU, then said you have to cancel and re-order even though they already took the money & the rest of your post is about Bayonetta .. derp.

Either way, that sounds like a right pain in the butt, I guess you now have to wait till they refund you, then re-order (but if so, make sure you pay the same as you did in the first place, fight da powah)

Dannielle said:
sniper_samurai said:
sniper_samurai said:

Say that to them, it's within your rights as a customer. You shouldn't have to pay anymore than you did originally.

Edit: Wait, I read that wrong. They took the money for GU, then said you have to cancel and re-order even though they already took the money & the rest of your post is about Bayonetta .. derp.

Either way, that sounds like a right pain in the butt, I guess you now have to wait till they refund you, then re-order (but if so, make sure you pay the same as you did in the first place, fight da powah)

Already complaining to customer service, which if you don't do on twitter is ridiculously slow. Took them a day to respond to my last query.

Don't know if I should cancel though, I've had this happen before with Persona 4 Golden where it was stuck on "awaiting dispatch" on the order page despite having already arrived. Will wait on CS response before deciding what to do

Received mine today, got number 1405. Not had a chance to really check the actually video yet though. The art box is really nice, very solid and the art work is really nice. The art book is also very good. The digipack on the other hand, I don't think is a good. The card feels flimsy and really don't like the way the series discs are held in place. The two movie discs have a spindle in the center to hold the discs. The series discs are held by little tabs around the edge on the disc.

FYI I posted a piece on the Anime Ltd blog about this now. Both Sony and I have gone postal on the printers - we're having fixed Digipacks shipped over and Sony will fulfil these free of charge to anyone impacted by the problems (up to 50% of units, which is simply unacceptable to me really).

You can view the details here: http://www.alltheanime.com/gurren-lagann-update/

I also cover the video points etc, as I feel addressing it out in the open as well as here is important :).

TL;DR - Replacement Digipacks for those impacted to come :).

Andrew

Got no reply back from zavvi :evil: will have to message them again!

Sora Takeuchi said:
Got no reply back from zavvi :evil: will have to message them again!
Takes 24 hours for their customer services to reply, you are better off giving out at them on twitter, include your order number.

Thanks for posting that rundown Andrew, it's really cool of you to be so upfront instead of hiding all of the details away in a dusty corner of Facebook where nobody can find them. I won't be applying for a replacement as mine's in pretty good nick and I can easily fix the glue before anything gets damaged.

Anyway I have another complaint about the set. The box is gorgeous with that glossy printing and the wraparound art but the o-card is quite nice too so I can't figure out how I want to display it on my shelf ;)

Just kidding. It's amazing how so many of us have been actively participating in the Gurren Lagann conversations here (and elsewhere). I know it's quite pricey, but even taking its £80 price tag into account it's obviously very important to the community of fans. A regular two-part BD release can reach £50 for just a simply repacking of the US/Australian discs and hardly anyone bats an eyelid when those have appalling errors, so it's clear that this release means a lot to people.

R

Messaged Zavvi twice now and even tweeted them with pictures of the damage and still had no reply!!

Just got a reply and they no longer have the item in stock and offered me a 15% refund or a full refund if I send it back! WOW :evil:

Ah, just noticed the full refund bit. Really ought to read a bit slower. Sending it back and getting a full refund seems ok if you can use the money to get another set?

I'd take the 15% refund and keep the release if I were you, it's the best you'll get.

I know what it's like to have a slightly battered release but for me it's not a huge deal. SOmetimes it's far too much faffing about to get everythign corrected and I just can't be bothered dealing with the additional leg work that a quick "yo amazon, WTF?" sort of email gets me a good discount.

The Princess Jellyfish release from Canada where I didnt get an artbox is a prime example, yes I wanted the artbox, no I can't be arsed with posting it back to canada, yes i'll take the 50% refund.

My copy arrived today (#600, nice number) and it looks glorious! My box is one of those that have the 3rd disc tray completely on the bottom, but honestly, it's not that big of a deal. At least it's fixed in place :p

So any chance of a seperate release of the 2 movies and Parallel Works?, I already have the entire series and find the £100+ price tag for the BD release very prohibitive (especially with the faults found on it)

I have a question regarding the 3 instances mentioned by Andrew where they had to use the DVD footage (which in my opinion won't take away from the overall experience at all) which hopefully someone with better understanding of this can explain.
Having checked out the 3 points on Netflix just to see how bad it was, it doesn't actually seem to drop to a lower definition at all on there. I'm no expert and would be rubbish at QC'ing but it definitely looks better than DVD quality.

ps. sorry if someone has already mentioned this somewhere else.

Jon O Fun said:
I have a question regarding the 3 instances mentioned by Andrew where they had to use the DVD footage (which in my opinion won't take away from the overall experience at all) which hopefully someone with better understanding of this can explain.
Having checked out the 3 points on Netflix just to see how bad it was, it doesn't actually seem to drop to a lower definition at all on there. I'm no expert and would be rubbish at QC'ing but it definitely looks better than DVD quality.

ps. sorry if someone has already mentioned this somewhere else.

Anime limited can't just go about choosing footage at random to splice in to their home releases. The stream version they received from aniplex was fine. The blu ray master for home release was not. As per contracts they can only use home video masters for home video and stream masters for streaming hence why the dvd footage was spliced in rather than this.

This is why many believe aniplex are attempting to sabotage this release because it is evident that perfect versions of the show exist but gave anime limited less than perfect masters. I assume anime limited could have tried to negotiate the use of this footage but who knows how long this could have taken and if they would've said yes. Seeing as art approval took months you're potentially looking at a release that is delayed another half year or longer.

I've watched all three episodes with the footage in and it's noticeable but it's over quick enough so it was not a big deal in my eyes.

Back