Anime Limited Reveal New Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition Details

Re: Anime Limited Reveal New Gurren Lagann Ultimate Edition

I've no faith in Zavvi after my Robotics;Notes part 1 order still wasn't dispatched two weeks after the release date.

I've only ordered a set of cards from Zavvi once and it took like a month for them to arrive. First and last time I will ever use them!

Mine's "dispatching now", so apparently it won't take long to be sent now. Hopefully it'll be here by the end of the week (I don't live in the UK, I live in Portugal, so it takes a bit more for things to arrive here).

Just received Gurren Lagann an have to say that I am not happy at all with Zavvi, there is a bent in the side of it, one of the corners are dented and there is a big crease going down the spine of the digipack spine! contacting them now

Well i have my edition. Will be opening it to watch at the weekend, so i'll see if the glue is borked then

My copy arrived from Anime Limited's store. Beautiful outer box, just a little disappointed the disc hubs are smaller than the cardboard, so looks a little off.

My hub 3 was attached, but didn't look pushed down, so pressed down so it will hopefully stay in place. Looks gorgeous on the shelf and really like the art book.

Space Dandy postcards are a nice little freebie, reminds me a bit of when I used to order from RightStuf!

Came via UKMail in a full sized box. Gave an hour delivery slot as well.

Mine came this morning too, from Zavvi. One small tear to the bottom right corner of the slip, but other than that, looks to be in perfect condition.

Cracked it open to review the glue situation, 3rd tray was slanted/at an angle like some of the photos people have posted. Ultimately, not overly concerned, I worked it off, re-lined it and then stuck it down again in its proper place. No hardship, took about 30 seconds. Hopefully it will stay there this time. Agree with Andrew that you shouldn't really have to do this, but ultimately, no great hardship for me and hopefully that issue is now done, unless it slips again of course!

Haven't had time to watch anything yet so can't comment on the audio or video issues, but looking at the physical product, I'm pretty happy. The hardboard box inside the slip is superb, exactly what I'd want from a collector edition. Also, the artbook, gorgeous, again very sturdy feel to it.

On the physical product front, the glue issue aside, a terrific effort.

Images of what is wrong with my Gurren lagann!

aoxnwy.jpg

2yopu2s.jpg

zup0lx.jpg

What packaging did Zavvi use?

Box, bubble mailer, or just plastic wrap around the outside?

Yeah looks more like an issue to take up with Zavvi if anything, get some money back!

Mine was double-bubble mailered.

One slight tear to the bottom corner of the slip but nothing to worry about too much. I've picked up worse slips from HMV/Supermarkets and received worse from Amazon in the past.

Messaged zavvi just waiting for a reply also the packaging was terrible it was an envelope inside another envelope with a thin layer of bubble wrap

Lavigne said:
Mine came this morning too, from Zavvi. One small tear to the bottom right corner of the slip, but other than that, looks to be in perfect condition.

Cracked it open to review the glue situation, 3rd tray was slanted/at an angle like some of the photos people have posted. Ultimately, not overly concerned, I worked it off, re-lined it and then stuck it down again in its proper place. No hardship, took about 30 seconds. Hopefully it will stay there this time. Agree with Andrew that you shouldn't really have to do this, but ultimately, no great hardship for me and hopefully that issue is now done, unless it slips again of course!

Haven't had time to watch anything yet so can't comment on the audio or video issues, but looking at the physical product, I'm pretty happy. The hardboard box inside the slip is superb, exactly what I'd want from a collector edition. Also, the artbook, gorgeous, again very sturdy feel to it.

On the physical product front, the glue issue aside, a terrific effort.

I moved my disc trays into place too, checked the next day and they had slipped back down, I honestly think the glue is just far too supple. I peeled what little glue was on my trays (It was only 4 tiny dabs on the backside of the sorta indents you use to pull the disc out) and re-glued them myself and they're fine now, or at least they have yet to slip back down as of yet.

Sora Takeuchi said:
Messaged zavvi just waiting for a reply also the packaging was terrible it was an envelope inside another envelope with a thin layer of bubble wrap

Yeah, that's the one I had too. Luckily, mine seems to have weathered the journey better than yours by the looks of it.

Buzzkillington said:
I moved my disc trays into place too, checked the next day and they had slipped back down, I honestly think the glue is just far too supple. I peeled what little glue was on my trays (It was only 4 tiny dabs on the backside of the sorta indents you use to pull the disc out) and re-glued them myself and they're fine now, or at least they have yet to slip back down as of yet.

That will be my next action as well - I'll just re-glue them if needs be. Shouldn't have to do it obviously, but I'd rather do that than leave them as they are, or wait for any kind of replacement programme. I'm sure Andrew will take the incident as a learning point. The rest of the packaging is superb, IMO.

Looking at this situation, I definitely won't be claiming replacement packaging. I've used some of my own glue on it and seems to be holding strong so no need for me to claim.

Yay, mine finally arrived from Zavvi (#271!) and it isn't squashed at all, even though Zavvi used the cheapest shipping bags ever and it got bashed around a bit. I'll take a proper look later but a quick check of the problem tray shows that although mine is straight now, the small dabs of glue can be deformed easily with a little pressure. I can imagine it will slip later on so I'll mod it with some glue of my own tonight.

Problems aside, this is aesthetically the nicest UK release I own aside from Wolf's Rain, which was completely different but also gorgeous :D

R

Forgot to say I had number 1900! Nice even number.

Doesn't surprise me with Zavvi. They always use the most basic packaging.

Back