Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll likely skip them myself. It's a great deal but when you know you've bought what you cared for already, the chance of getting any you passed on but would get cheaply can make it harder to justify unless you can really narrow down what might be in it.

I was very disappionted with the AllTheAnime August Mystery Bundles, but they were only standard editions, but they were also £40 each compared to last christmas when it was £45 for the collectors editions one.
Alot of the titles in the August mystery bundles I could see being up on the upcoming sale, may even be possible to get those 5 titles for cheaper.
I honestly regretted those August mystery bundles (but that a mystery bundle for you), although I do rememeber vaugley thinking those would be the last mystery bundles I'm gonna get once I got. But future me is an idoit and will probably buy them again especially with the christmas mystery bundles being the CE version.

August bundles contained (all standard editions blu-rays):
Sword of a stranger, sword art online movie, Aldnoah S1 ,Full metal panic S1 And Bacanno
Calamity of a zombie girl, Castlevania, Tokyo Ghoul live action, Black Butler S3 and Ajin S1

That is the risk you take if you get them, especially in August (as let's face it, no deal in the year can beat the Christmas ones). I've gotten unlucky with a mystery box in the past, which is why I'm more cautious with them nowadays.

Everything will be added on Day 1 and remain until the sale is over or sells out. If we do add any additions it'll be mentioned on social media.
Ah, that's good to know. Can go ahead and plan out on day 1.

FEQTt9-XoAAPSvu

Licensed but not yet released:
Blood-C & Blood-C: The Last Dark
Cardcaptor Sakura
Kakegurui Season 1

Brand new:
Boogiepop Phantom
El-Hazard OVAs
Kaiba
My-HiME
Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign- & -Battle in Nagoya-

Catalog re-release:
Belladonna of Sadness in 4K Ultra HD
Code Geass Film Collection (Trilogy + Re;surrection)
Silver Spoon Seasons 1 & 2​

CCS is a real nice looking set (curious to see the price) and the Code Geass set also having Re;surrection is a bit of surprise, good too as I don't have that yet.

Kakegurui, well.... it has a nice box at least, shame about the dub situation.

Now, to plan (while guessing the prices) a budget based on the 2 items I'm after from these announcements and the general sale.

After a bit of research Kaiba sounds like a safe buy. Possible Blood-C as well.

If anyone is able to sell me on <insert favorite show here> then I'm open minded.

I’m interested in a few of the announced titles though pricing will be a factor as to whether I pre-order during the 12 days or wait until later on to acquire them. Boogiepop Phantom and El-Hazard were nice surprises and I’m curious to see what Kaiba has to offer too.

I had a stressful evening so I didn't have to time to process the early bird announcements properly.

I'm going to predict the price range for these since budgeting ahead of schedule is important. Like before, the titles are going to be randomised so one could appear on Day 2 while the other could appear on Day 10.

Belladonna of Sadness
They haven't specified whether this is a combo pack to my understanding but I'm going to give it the same range as Millennium Actress and Your name, which is probably £49.99 SRP.

Who could have predicted a 500 unit Ultimate Edition release? I certainly didn't expect this but then again these are the same folks who gave us a B: The Beginning Ultimate Edition (with broadcast masters heh). Price-range is probably going to be similar to B at £129.99 SRP.

Boogiepop Phantom
Spooky... but very nice. This series did get a UK release before and it'll very likely be using the Nozomi discs, so price range would be the usual £59.99 SRP.

Cardcaptor Sakura
We know this is a special release because it has all 70 episodes together in one big box set. 10 discs, Pioneer subs and 4K scan. Price-range will probably be £149.99-179.99 SRP due to BBFC costs.

Code Geass Film Collection
The movie trilogy and the Re;surrection film together in one collection. Price range is probably £59.99 SRP (like buy 4 £19.99 SRP films for the price of 3 in a sense).

El-Hazard: The Magnificent World
A 11 episode OVA series and very likely to be using the Nozomi discs. This one will probably be treated the same as buying a 12-13 episode series due to the episode lengths, so expect £59.99 SRP range.

Kaiba
Another pretty easy to identify release since it'll be a 1-cour subtitled only release and very likely to be using the Discotek discs. Depending on content expect £59.99-69.99 SRP range.

Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler
Even though we lose the Netflix dub, Sentai authoring is generally pretty solid so the subtitles will be better I reckon. It's an unfortunate outcome but blame Netflix. Since it'll use the Sentai discs, expect £59.99 SRP range.

My-HiME
Also previously released in the UK before (under Beez) so BBFC costs are sorted. Funimation discs confirmed so it'll likely be £59.99 SRP range.

Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-
Both seasons, already BBFC'd, but the CE content is where it's at with its OST & booklet. I reckon a higher range than the usual amount at £69.99-79.99 SRP just in case.

Silver Spoon
Both seasons packaged together like last year's Kill la Kill etc. Probably going for £59.99 SRP range.

---------------------

Grav's Price Guess (SRP - EB - 10% off)£ 819.89£ 509.89£ 458.90
Belladonna of Sadness£ 49.99£ 24.99£ 22.49
Blood-C & Blood-C: The Last Dark£ 129.99£ 79.99£ 71.99
Boogiepop Phantom£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
Cardcaptor Sakura£ 149.99£ 119.99£ 107.99
Code Geass Film Collection£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
El-Hazard: The Magnificent World£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
Kaiba£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
My-HiME£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-£ 69.99£ 39.99£ 35.99
Silver Spoon£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49

Last edited:
I had a stressful evening so I didn't have to time to process the early bird announcements properly.

I'm going to predict the price range for these since budgeting ahead of schedule is important. Like before, the titles are going to be randomised so one could appear on Day 1 while the other could appear on Day 10.

Belladonna of Sadness
They haven't specified whether this is a combo pack to my understanding but I'm going to give it the same range as Millennium Actress and Your name, which is probably £49.99 SRP.

Who could have predicted a 500 unit Ultimate Edition release? I certainly didn't expect this but then again these are the same folks who gave us a B: The Beginning Ultimate Edition (with broadcast masters heh). Price-range is probably going to be similar to B at £129.99 SRP.

Boogiepop Phantom
Spooky... but very nice. This series did get a UK release before and it'll very likely be using the Nozomi discs, so price range would be the usual £59.99 SRP.

Cardcaptor Sakura
We know this is a special release because it has all 70 episodes together in one big box set. 10 discs, Pioneer subs and 4K scan. Price-range will probably be £149.99-179.99 SRP due to BBFC costs.

Code Geass Film Collection
The movie trilogy and the Re;surrection film together in one collection. Price range is probably £59.99 SRP (like buy 4 £19.99 SRP films for the price of 3 in a sense).

El-Hazard: The Magnificent World
A 7 episode OVA series and very likely to be using the Nozomi discs. This one will probably be treated the same as buying a 12-13 episode series due to the episode lengths, so expect £59.99 SRP range.

Kaiba
Another pretty easy to identify release since it'll be a 1-cour subtitled only release and very likely to be using the Discotek discs. Depending on content expect £59.99-69.99 SRP range.

Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler
Even though we lose the Netflix dub, Sentai authoring is generally pretty solid so the subtitles will be better I reckon. It's an unfortunate outcome but blame Netflix. Since it'll use the Sentai discs, expect £59.99 SRP range.

My-HiME
Also previously released in the UK before (under Beez) so BBFC costs are sorted. Funimation discs confirmed so it'll likely be £59.99 SRP range.

Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-
Both seasons, already BBFC'd, but the CE content is where it's at with its OST & booklet. I reckon a higher range than the usual amount at £69.99-79.99 SRP just in case.

Silver Spoon
Both seasons packaged together like last year's Kill la Kill etc. Probably going for £59.99 SRP range.

---------------------

Grav's Price Guess (SRP - EB - 10% off)£ 819.89£ 509.89£ 458.90
Belladonna of Sadness£ 49.99£ 24.99£ 22.49
Blood-C & Blood-C: The Last Dark£ 129.99£ 79.99£ 71.99
Boogiepop Phantom£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
Cardcaptor Sakura£ 149.99£ 119.99£ 107.99
Code Geass Film Collection£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
El-Hazard: The Magnificent World£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
Kaiba£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
My-HiME£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-£ 69.99£ 39.99£ 35.99
Silver Spoon£ 59.99£ 34.99£ 31.49
The EBs will be random on days 2-12, it was stated in the video that day 1 was the mystery boxes.

Last edited:
Gotta say I think CCS is a bit optimistic I'd probably put it in the 'Gundam SEED' tier at £199.99 srp if not more.
Love to be wrong though! Just seems everything has jumped up in price from AL.

Gotta say I think CCS is a bit optimistic I'd probably put it in the 'Gundam SEED' tier at £199.99 srp if not more.
Love to be wrong though! Just seems everything has jumped up in price from AL.
Yeah I can see what you mean. Considering Utena was also 10 discs (though half the episode count), I do think it'll be similar in pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back