Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to participate this year cause one the sales are pretty much worthless thx to brexit so increased shipping fees.

2nd i felt i was so lied about the mystery box they were not suppose to give out prizes already released previus years but instead we got the zero no tsukaima s1 again forcing completionist to collect the whole set and the the suppose 2nd myterybox with other titles got cancelled. uff

The Early Bird CE offerings are the only titles I'm interested in this year, just like last year. But I will probably be picking up six or seven EB titles in this sale, compared to just four during last year's sale, so my wallet will definitely be burning up from all the friction generated from repeatedly pulling out the credit card, lol! This year I'm looking at getting:

Blood-C & Blood-C: The Last Dark UE
Kakegurui Season 1
Boogiepop Phantom
El-Hazard OVAs
Belladonna of Sadness in 4K Ultra HD
Silver Spoon Seasons 1 & 2
Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign- & -Battle in Nagoya- (maybe)

I'm getting hype for this thing.

I just wish all early birds were available from day one for the duration of the sale so I could juggle around with what's currently on sale and manage to make each order +100gbp so as to minimize shipping costs and maximize stuff that I want to get.

I know I'll inevitably have to pass on some things I'd otherwise get simply because it'll be way too scattered and I'd have to pay 11.50gbp for shipping way too many times.

Maybe some of their sales will help with getting to that amount. And I think I'll get anime unlimited for this. It'll quickly be worth it in this case, as people have discussed before. Edit: scratch that, it is done. Oh lord.

Also, need to know details on CCS! Digipak or not, book or not, etc... Because if I understood correctly, it's a CE not a UE, right?

Last edited:
The Early Bird CE offerings are the only titles I'm interested in this year, just like last year. But I will probably be picking up six or seven EB titles in this sale, compared to just four during last year's sale, so my wallet will definitely be burning up from all the friction generated from repeatedly pulling out the credit card, lol! This year I'm looking at getting:

Blood-C & Blood-C: The Last Dark UE
Kakegurui Season 1
Boogiepop Phantom
El-Hazard OVAs
Belladonna of Sadness in 4K Ultra HD
Silver Spoon Seasons 1 & 2
Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign- & -Battle in Nagoya- (maybe)
I would have thought you would have prefered Anime limited orginal collectors edition of Silver spoon as they are your prefered digipacks and probably the same for Seraph of the end from Universal.
Or is it the problem, part of those sets are OOP.

I already own the two CE sets of Silver Spoon with the digipaks, so this one would just be a double-dip, mainly because I like the artwork on the box, lol. Seraph I never purchased even when the US had their sets with the glow-in-the-dark green highlights on the boxes, as I'm not much of a fan of vampire anime, so not really sure I want to get this one either. It probably will all depend on the release order during the sale - which CEs become available in consecutive days to bundle together for the £100 free international shipping threshold. So I may or may not want to use my Animeunlimited code for 10% off, depending on the amount of each order, lol.

Last edited:
I'm getting hype for this thing.

I just wish all early birds were available from day one for the duration of the sale so I could juggle around with what's currently on sale and manage to make each order +100gbp so as to minimize shipping costs and maximize stuff that I want to get.

I know I'll inevitably have to pass on some things I'd otherwise get simply because it'll be way too scattered and I'd have to pay 11.50gbp for shipping way too many times.

Maybe some of their sales will help with getting to that amount. And I think I'll get anime unlimited for this. It'll quickly be worth it in this case, as people have discussed before. Edit: scratch that, it is done. Oh lord.

Also, need to know details on CCS! Digipak or not, book or not, etc... Because if I understood correctly, it's a CE not a UE, right?
I'm pretty sure they said CCS was a CE (and because it's a CE with 10 disc they could offer at this price) and upcoming sale price is £90 (Plus 10% or even 15% with your one time code AnimeUNLimited Subscription), but can't rememeber (I think there was no mention) if they mentioned what other content it came with.

I had a feeling once the early birds go up each day they do stay up for a few days, I thought it was till the end of the 12 days sale. But its too long ago and my memory isn't that good.

Definite buys are:
Cardcaptor Sakura
Seraph of the End

maybe:
Blood-C UE
El-Hazard

on Seraph I’m hoping the subtitles are better as they are rather big on the Universal releases.

I had a feeling once the early birds go up each day they do stay up for a few days, I thought it was till the end of the 12 days sale. But its too long ago and my memory isn't that good.

Pretty sure last year all the EB titles were available to the end of the sale, so you could wait for the last day to put one big order in, but then you risked titles selling out before you got your order in. I made two separate orders last year, to be able to get them placed as soon as I could get enough for free shipping.

I'm pretty sure they said CCS was a CE (and because it's a CE with 10 disc they could offer at this price) and upcoming sale price is £90 (Plus 10% or even 15% with your one time code AnimeUNLimited Subscription), but can't rememeber (I think there was no mention) if they mentioned what other content it came with.

I was under the impression it would be a UE. I hope it's not one of those things where I buy a CE now only for there to be a UE later on. I don't think they mentioned anything else. [Edit 2: bzzzt, wrong again. ANN says there's a 16 page booklet included. Well, already have a full book that came with the French edition.]

If that's the case with EB, then I'll just have to jungle with what's available to try and minimize shipping costs! Thanks.

Edit: found a Twitter post from 2019 stating it would be released as a CE, so I was wrong

Last edited:
I was under the impression it would be a UE. I hope it's not one of those things where I buy a CE now only for there to be a UE later on. I don't think they mentioned anything else. [Edit 2: bzzzt, wrong again. ANN says there's a 16 page booklet included. Well, already have a full book that came with the French edition.]

If that's the case with EB, then I'll just have to jungle with what's available to try and minimize shipping costs! Thanks.

Edit: found a Twitter post from 2019 stating it would be released as a CE, so I was wrong

It's possible they just never mentioned, and I've maybe assumed something just from somthing they said (like there normal none sale price would be £120 for a 10 disc set which they authored or re-authored, could have lead me to assume that has to be CE prices). It was the one item that they didn't have a show/details card for I assume for the reasons of they didn't have all the details yet.
I'm not sure the first live stream of cloud matsuri is re-watchable though (or I haven't found it).

There was a motion track 3D/2.5D (or maybe just an image) of a CE (although could have quite easily been an unboxed UE), and also possible that was just a prototype that was thrown together just for the clip to give us an idea.

But from that twitter post it does also imply it's a CE, but also 2 years old. and with in those 2 years they may have decided lets do both.

Just want to ask, what is the forums opinion on Boogiepop Phantom? hone is sounding interesting to me, and might be a cool blind buy during the sale.

I never watched all of it, so take my light opinion for what it's worth, but I remember it being slow paced, very dark and with a heavy mood. I don't know if it concludes satisfactorily but I'll sure as hell find out when it comes out!

Just want to ask, what is the forums opinion on Boogiepop Phantom? hone is sounding interesting to me, and might be a cool blind buy during the sale.

I love it and I'll probably buy the CE during the 12 Days of Xmas Sale as I'd like to upgrade from DVD to BD and the included book/let has a generous number of pages (over 70) :) It's a bit like Serial Experiments Lain as it's a "dementia" genre anime but it's also very much it's own thing :) Also this is for the subbed version - I can't remember if the dub is any good as I watched in Japanese :)

Last edited:
Just want to ask, what is the forums opinion on Boogiepop Phantom? this one is sounding interesting to me, and might be a cool blind buy during the sale.
It's an excellent series but there is a proviso, watch all of it, if you abandon it before ep9 it will make no sense at all and will leave you with quite intelligent furniture, it's what I call a "brain bleeder" very cleverly written and done in such a way as to not reveal anything too much of the reasons until the last few eps.

Just want to ask, what is the forums opinion on Boogiepop Phantom? this one is sounding interesting to me, and might be a cool blind buy during the sale.
I watched the recent adaptation and I enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to checking out the first one. Like others said, this is a slow-paced story but if you like horror themes and older anime then this is probably for you.

If Anime Ltd are using the same contents as the US release, then it should come with these lot:
Features the original uncensored version of the Japanese Home Video release.

Special Features: English Commentary for all 12 episodes, Clean Opening, Clean Endings, Music Videos for the Opening and Ending Songs, Fruits Music Video, TV Spots, and Boogiepop Phantom Commercials.

I watched the recent adaptation and I enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to checking out the first one. Like others said, this is a slow-paced story but if you like horror themes and older anime then this is probably for you.

If Anime Ltd are using the same contents as the US release, then it should come with these lot:
Sounds right up my alley honestly. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back