Anime Limited & MVM's 12 Days of Christmas 2020: 1st-12th Dec | 9:30am MVM, 5:00pm AL

MVM Day 1 is now live

AnimeFormatPrice
Armed Girl's MachiavellismCollector's Edition Blu-ray£39.99
The Eccentric Family Season 1Collector's Edition Blu-ray£24.99
Flip FlappersCollector's Edition Blu-ray£39.99
Garden of SinnersCollector's Edition Blu-ray£79.99
Girls' Last TourCollector's Edition Blu-ray£39.99
Grimoire of ZeroCollector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD£39.99
Log Horizon Seasons 1 & 2Collector's Edition Blu-ray£49.99
Monogatari series: Second SeasonCollector's Edition Blu-ray£59.99
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kunCollector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD£24.99
Princess PrincipalCollector's Edition Blu-ray£39.99
Sword Oratoria: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the SideCollector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD£39.99
Tenchi Muyo! OVA CollectionCollector's Edition Blu-ray & DVD£24.99

Last edited:
Already own everything today in some format (most these collectors editions) so think I'll save my money today. Phew.

MVM how are these sale prices? Just looks like they inflated regular prices and reduced them to a price that's the same or even more expensive than Amazon. Garden of Sinners was £179?? It's £93 now on Amazon, was £65 during Black Friday.

Yeah, it’s a pass from me. None of these prices are good enough to tempt me on the shows I don’t already own.

As an edit, I don’t really blame them. Can’t imagine this year has been particularly easy on the old cashflow forecast and Amazon can afford to be more liberal with discounts. But there’s traditionally been a high level of expectation for just how good these Christmas discounts will be and this doesn’t match that.

I figured they would cover collector's editions on the first day as they did in the previous year. Though pricing-wise, Amazon's Black Friday sale (which concluded yesterday) was actually cheaper for a lot of these sets.
And the regular Amazon price isn't much more either, I didn't splurge on Amazon because ironically I was waiting for today lol they do say hindsight is 20/20.

I already own Garden of Sinners, Monogatari S2, Tenchi (DVD set) and Nozaki-kun (SE).

Don't know enough about the other shows to make an informed decision. So I'll have a think about it.

Yeah these Day 1 offers aren't really proper sale prices like last year in my view sooo... I bought Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card instead. But I'm still cautiously optimistic that there will be some good prices this year. I already own Flip Flappers and Girls' Last Tour CEs (great shows), I own Tenchi Muyo OVAs and Eccentric Family CEs and am probably gonna sell those anyway, and the rest are either too expensive or not of interest/enough interest. I own the Made in Abyss CE already so this is just out of curiosity but: Is there a reason that wasn't included as in has it sold out? remembers I can check MVM's website and find out. It has indeed. Well, I'm lucky to have it already then. I look forward to seeing if there are any good deals in Day 2 onward/Anime Limited's sales :)

But how it works? These prices will be only today? To be honest, it's not a big deal. Only Log Horizon will interest me, but this price only a little better than usual.

I would of been tempted to buy the Log Horizon set but with now s3 on the way and i already own the mvm parts i will pass for a more complete collection later down the road. The price is still a little to steep for me.

Tenchi Muyo and Sword of Oratario i already own so those are passes.

Grimoire of Zero isn't worth it as on Amazon you can find it over 8 pounds' cheaper.

Girls Last Tour seems more or less the same.

Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun seems to be the only one worth it for me so i am getting that.

Not interested with the rest.

Urgh no offense to the hard workers at MVM but their Synopsis can never really sell me.

Log Horizon sounds like it's a Sword Art Online clone
Flip Flappers sounds like a generic magical girl show
Girls Last Tour and Princess Principal are the more original ones but I still don't know anything about them.

I would of been tempted to buy the Log Horizon set but with now s3 on the way and i already own the mvm parts i will pass for a more complete collection later down the road. The price is still a little to steep for me.
FUNimation has stole S3 so I can’t see a complete collection happening

Back