Anime Limited Is ..

Peachy

Bumpkin
"A new UK anime distribution company is preparing to launch next year, releasing anime on home, cinema and digital formats"

- INTERVIEW EXPLAINING HERE - http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/inter ... me-limited

Thoughts?

I'm excited...he says he has two signed deals already, what do you think they could be?

I also wonder if they have a hold of Durarara? Only because its been said that someone has the license but we don't have any confirmation of who.

Hopes are reserved. Andrew knows what he's doing (Remember, he's the only sane person in the UK Industry(TM) ) but the problem is he's trying to work with Japan and we've seen time and again how Japan will quite litterly cut it's own nose off to spite it's face in the field of animated entertainment.

I think this is excellent news, and I wish Andrew all the best with his new venture. We need someone in the industry to be a real standard bearer for anime in the UK, and that interview only makes me more certain he will do that job admirably.

My goal is to take a select number of archive and new titles and elevate them to a Criterion-style release.
That will please some people (and displease others). For the right titles, and glitch-free discs, I'd have no problem with paying a premium for a high-quality release. Other distributors have the cheap and cheerful impulse buy angle covered, so it's encouraging to hear that Andrew's new venture is looking to offer something different.

And now it makes sense...MangaUK say someone else has Durarara...MVM haven't announced such a license.

TV and cinema is an interesting route, because aside from the odd Arts Picture House showing, that's one area that the UK industry has tended to ignore. If Andrew can make it work, then he has definitely found the niche for Anime Unlimited.

I think from what we've said so far, Andrew has a great vision. I just hope the UK market responds as enthusiastically as he has.

I am optimistic. I trust Andrew and a lot of my moans in the thread about why we never buy locally were addressed in his interview. So long as they get titles I don't hate, I'm looking forward to trying their releases out soon. I'm getting a Nozomi vibe so far and Andrew's personal taste in anime is usually pretty good.

There is a campaign kicking around on Twitter to bring Sword Art Online to the UK. I briefly entertained the idea that it might be some cunning viral marketing exercise, though for all I know it's just some independent fan who really loves SAO.

R

Rui said:
There is a campaign kicking around on Twitter to bring Sword Art Online to the UK. I briefly entertained the idea that it might be some cunning viral marketing exercise, though for all I know it's just some independent fan who really loves SAO
It's the latter because anyone who wants that garbage clearly has a screw loose.

The second he mentioned 'Criterion', Andrew got me interested. We need more quality catalogue releases in the UK so this is very exciting! More theatrical releases are also most welcome.

I'm fairly sure that Sword Art Online doesn't even need a petition to get here. I imagine the only reason it hasn't been licensed here yet is either that negotiations are still under way, or the UK companies are being cautious and keeping a close eye and waiting for details on Aniplex of America's release strategy.

Oh indeed, I'm sure SAO is coming here either way. The question is whether it will be in a nice Aniplex-worthy set or a bargain bin one. I wondered if it was a sneaky way of judging interest.

(Josh, fix your avatar, man!)

R

ConanThe3rd said:
Hopes are reserved. Andrew knows what he's doing (Remember, he's the only sane person in the UK Industry(TM) ) but the problem is he's trying to work with Japan and we've seen time and again how Japan will quite litterly cut it's own nose off to spite it's face in the field of animated entertainment.
Nah, you're just biased, because he's a Glaswegian xD

Rui said:
Oh indeed, I'm sure SAO is coming here either way. The question is whether it will be in a nice Aniplex-worthy set or a bargain bin one. I wondered if it was a sneaky way of judging interest.

R
Penguin-san is a sexy beast and you know it.

MaxonTreik said:
Rui said:
There is a campaign kicking around on Twitter to bring Sword Art Online to the UK. I briefly entertained the idea that it might be some cunning viral marketing exercise, though for all I know it's just some independent fan who really loves SAO
It's the latter because anyone who wants that garbage clearly has a screw loose.
You say that.. but the SAO page on Wikipedia is currently getting insane amounts of traffic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... ular_pages

I like SAO, it's mindlessly entertaining and pretty. And it has very occasional Koyasu.

Good to see JustPa's report that the UK Berserk BD has unlocked subs(!). Hopefully that means our complaining was heeded. As the same people are involved in the chain, it added to my optimism about Anime Ltd...

Joshawott said:
Rui said:
Penguin-san is a sexy beast and you know it.

That's the problem, I can't see him! Weirdly it's broken on my home and work computers. Works on my phone, though >_>

R

Shiroi Hane said:
MaxonTreik said:
Rui said:
You say that.. but the SAO page on Wikipedia is currently getting insane amounts of traffic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... ular_pages
Doesn't necessarily mean people like it though. I happened to wiki it earlier, just to see what it might have done to deserve the wrath of Maxon.

Back