Anime Limited have licensed 3 more Funimation titles, one of which is Noein on Blu-ray

Buzz201 said:
Also, as an aside, I find it weird that somebody is desperate for a release of Free! but won't touch Prison School because of fanservice...

While I actually personally loved Prison School, the two are like night and day in the tone and type of fan service they include.

R

Rui said:
Buzz201 said:
Also, as an aside, I find it weird that somebody is desperate for a release of Free! but won't touch Prison School because of fanservice...

While I actually personally loved Prison School, the two are like night and day in the tone and type of fan service they include.

R

Well, yes, but I was assuming his objections were moral, rather than "Prison School is too much".

Blimey. Noein is a dead cert for me, was going to import but now I don't have to. Will have to read in to the other two but will most likely be buying them!

Buzz201 said:

Why is fan service thats only tops off like why would you swim otherwise about a less fan service on the scale to how bad Prison school is as Free doesnt have a uncensored version theres no need

Prison School's fanservice is an odd one, it's not traditional ..more grotesque than anything else. It's probably one of the reasons I enjoyed the show as much as I did, it doesn't take the fanservice seriously, it's meant to be nasty (plus, the show had some of the best comedy of 2015, though I am sad we didn't hit the Romance of the three kingdoms Yaoi stuff, that had me rolling )

I'll pass on Riddle, though I appreciate A/L testing the waters with a Shoujo Ai.
Noein I wasn't fond off when I watched it years ago but like I said before I do intend to revisit as I've matured since then & may enjoy it.
The other I haven't seen but will be looking into, I'm a sucker for fantasy shows.

On a super positive note for myself, A/L picking up more Funi titles gives me more hope for Barakamon, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis & (especially now as they have Riddle) Yuri Kuma Arashi (I won't shut up about those, I'm sorry lol)

Out of interest, Is Riddle the first Shoujo Ai title to make it's way to the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzz201 said:
Well, yes, but I was assuming his objections were moral, rather than "Prison School is too much".

I have a (straight, male, if it matters) friend who loves sleazy harem series and won't touch Prison School with a bargepole. Free! isn't any skeevier than the average harem series (if anything, it's far tamer - there's no 'hilarious' accidental groping or inappropriate panty shots to be found) so it seems plausible that someone could have an aversion to Prison School's twisted side while still appreciating hot-blooded boys in swimming pools.

R

I'm at least interested in all three. I thought Marksman looked kind of interesting but it wasn't streamed (as far as I can tell) so I kind of forgot about it, I don't know if it'll be great or not but I tend to like fantasy shows enough that they just have to be decent to entertain me. There's a good chance I'll pick up Noein, though I might try actually watching it first (I did pick up the DVD previously, I hesitate to watch things on DVD when there's a Blu-ray option though). I'm not entirely sure about Riddle but I might give it a go, it'd probably depend on if it focusses more on the action or the character stuff.

Dannielle said:
On a super positive note for myself, A/L picking up more Funi titles gives me more hope for Barakamon, Rage of Bahamut: Genesis & (especially now as they have Riddle) Yuri Kuma Arashi (I won't shut up about those, I'm sorry lol)
I don't know much about Rage of Bahamut but I'd be interested in the other two, especially Barakamon. I might have to go through my list to see which Funimation shows I'd be most interested in seeing, though maybe that'd be a bad idea.

Dannielle said:
Out of interest, Is Riddle the first Shoujo Ai title to make it's way to the UK?
There have been a few shows with at least some elements of it, although I'm not sure there are any where it's a main focus.

Smeelia said:
Dannielle said:
I don't know much about Rage of Bahamut but I'd be interested in the other two, especially Barakamon. I might have to go through my list to see which Funimation shows I'd be most interested in seeing, though maybe that'd be a bad idea.

Dannielle said:
There have been a few shows with at least some elements of it, although I'm not sure there are any where it's a main focus.

Considering you mentioned you tend to like fantasy, I'd recommend checking out Bahamut, it's full fantasy that feels very ....Pirates of the Caribbean. It was mine (& many others) surprise of the year ..no one expected a card game adaption to be any good, the ending's a little weak but there is a second season coming that could expand on what happened.

Barakamon should be seen by more people, such a cute & humorous show.
Yuri Kuma might be a risk, due to the more ..sexualized symbolism but like Barakamon it'd be great if more people could check it out.
gaogao.

Be sure to look through those Funi shows & join me in the hassling :wink:

---

In regards to Riddle, it'll be interesting to see how the title does then.
Thanks for your response :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so triple dipping on Noein. Have Manga UK's dubtitled release, and Manga US's DVD release, which had translated subtitles, but so large that they make Sentai's big yellow subs look discreet.

Dannielle said:

Considering the current knowledge we know this far, there is a possible chance that Anime Limited may acquire Barakamon in the future.

By knowledge I mean the fact that Funimation definitely have UK rights for the following titles (not including Fall 2015 shows):
- Barakamon [Animax UK and Funi's YouTube channel]
- Buddy Complex [Animax UK]
- D-Frag! [Animax UK & Funi's home release]
- Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire [Animax UK]
- Dragonar Academy [Animax UK & Funi's home release]
- Fairy Tail Series 2 [Animax UK]
- Free! Eternal Summer [Funi's home release and YouTube channel]
- Gonna Be the Twin-Tail!! [Funi's YouTube channel]
- A Good Librarian like a Good Shepard [Funi's YouTube channel]
- In Search of the Lost Future [Funi's YouTube channel]
- Laughing Under the Clouds [Funi's YouTube channel]
- Lord Marksman and Vanadis [Funi's YouTube channel]
- No-Rin [Animax UK]
- Overlord [Animax UK]
- Ping Pong the Animation [Animax UK & Funi's home release]
- Puchimas iDOLM@STER [Animax UK & Funi's home release]
- Rampo Kitan: Game of Laplace [Animax UK]
- Riddle Story of Devil [Animax UK]
- Selector Infected WIXOSS [Animax UK]
- Sengoku Basara: End of Judgement [Funi's YouTube channel]
- Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage 49 & 50- [Funi's YouTube channel]
- Soul Eater NOT! [Animax UK & Funi's home release]

Red - Anime Limited licenses

It's worth noting that Lord Marksman and Vanadis, Noein and Riddle Story of Devil are Kadokawa titles (with the former two part of Kadokawa Media Factory).

NormanicGrav said:
It's worth noting that Lord Marksman and Vanadis, Noein and Riddle Story of Devil are Kadokawa titles (with the former two part of Kadokawa Media Factory).
Andrew mentioned that he's a sucker for Kadokawa titles and mentioned a deal with Blood Lad + Prisma Ilya, so perhaps this was an indication of these titles being directly licensed from Kadokawa too, not sub-licensed from FUNimation?

Although the number of shows they've picked up that FUNimation have involvement with is curious...

Joshawott said:
NormanicGrav said:
Andrew mentioned that he's a sucker for Kadokawa titles and mentioned a deal with Blood Lad + Prisma Ilya, so perhaps this was an indication of these titles being directly licensed from Kadokawa too, not sub-licensed from FUNimation?

Although the number of shows they've picked up that FUNimation have involvement with is curious...

I have a feeling Andrew is also a sucker for Showgate titles as well, especially given Brother's Conflict, Prison School, Selector Infected WIXOSS and Snow White with the Red Hair were announced together at MCM.

And since we're on the discussion about Funimation, I decided to list the shows they've picked up over the past year by publisher order, don't ask why I figured it might be of some use for speculation. TBA means I have no idea who the Japanese publisher is (not to be confused with the studio).

[spoilerbutton]TBA
Free! Eternal Summer

Aniplex
The Asterisk War *Licensed by Aniplex of America*
Black Butler: Book of Circus
Black Butler: Book of Murder

Bandai Visual
Concrete Revolutio
Gangsta.

D-Rights
Dance With Devils

Fuji Creative Coporation
Assassination Classroom
Gonna be the Twin-Tail!!
Ping Pong the Animation
Project Itoh movies (Genocidal, Harmony, The Empire of Corpses)
PSYCHO-PASS Extended Edition
PSYCHO-PASS 2
Rampo Kitan: Game of Laplace
The Tatami Galaxy

GONZO:
Seiyu's Life!

Kadokawa Media Factory (formerly known as Media Factory)
Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A
D-Frag!
Dragonar Academy
Hetalia: The World Twinkle
High School DxD BorN
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Mikagura School Suite
Overlord
Puchimas iDOLM@STER
Soul Eater NOT!
Yurikuma Arashi

Kadokawa Pictures
Aquarion Logos
Date A Live II *May end up with Kaze but who knows*
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Junjo Romantica 3
Maken-Ki! Two
Riddle Story of Devil
Sky Wizards Academy
Tokyo ESP

King Records Company
C³ -Cube x Cursed x Curious-
In Search of the Lost Future
NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION
SHIMONETA: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t Exist
Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage at 49-
Shonen Hollywood -Holly Stage at 50-

Kodansha
Attack on Titan: Junior High
Fairy Tail Series 2
Ghost in the Shell: Arise – Alternative Architecture
Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie
Maria the Virgin Witch

Marvelous
Tokyo Ghoul
Tokyo Ghoul Root A
Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-

Noitamina
Ping Pong the Animation

NTV
Barakamon
Death Parade
Laughing Under the Clouds
Rainbow
Sengoku Basara: End of Judgement

Pierrot Co., Ltd
Yona of the Dawn

Shochiku
Noragami
Noragami Aragoto
The Rolling Girls
Show By Rock!!

Showgate
Absolute Duo
Brother's Conflict
Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire
A good librarian like a good shepherd
Heavy Object
No-Rin
Prison School
Selector Infected WIXOSS
Selector Spread WIXOSS
Shomin Sample
Snow White with the Red Hair

Sunrise
Buddy Complex
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans *Licensed by Rightstuf*

Tatsunoko Productions
Speed Racer
Yatterman Night

TFC
Garo the Animation
Garo the Animation: Crimson Moon

TOHO
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Chaos Dragon

TSB
Castle Town Dandelion

TV Tokyo
Samurai Warriors
World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman

Universal
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
Seraph of the End -Battle in Nagoya-
Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-
STARMYU

YTV
Bikini Warriors
Doamayger-D
Jinsei – Life Consulting
Rainy Cocoa
Ultimate Otaku Teacher
Venus Project -Climax-[/spoilerbutton]

Ordered all of the AL shows that just went up: 9 titles clocking in at £500!! All being well, and looking at typical AL prices, this should drop to around £250 over time (I hope). Would much rather use the AL store, but tbh, they don;t seem to have a fully updated catalogue, even now!

Oh sweet, Noein on BD. I'll most likely pick that up since I've been on the fence about Funi's release. Already knew about Akuma no Riddle so that's no surprise to me, but I'll be picking up the Bluray too. No idea what the other series is. I also heard that someone's picked up some really good titles for next year too...

Buzz201 said:
There are only two UK distributors who have content on Crunchyroll, FUNimation and Anime Limited (who I believe partnered with CR for Gangsta. and Prison School in French-speaking territories), both of whom could probably make both season 1 and 2 happen if they wanted.
FUNimation's content on Crunchyroll is mostly stuff that Crunchyroll had first and managed to arrange to keep hold of, like the first two episodes of Asobi ni Ikuyo and Attack on Titan. The only Anime Limited (UK) title I can think of is Plastic Memories and, since they haven't done it again, that was probably more on the Aniplex end.

I'll have to wait and see if I'm going to buy any of them until they come down in price. If only AL online store didn't take the monies owed until they get dispatched as they're far more competitive than Amazon are these days. I'll have to wait until they're available on Zavvi I guess.

Back