Anime Limited have licensed 3 more Funimation titles, one of which is Noein on Blu-ray

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
*Will edit post in just a sec*

Just when you thought that the 13 announcements from MCM London Comic Con was enough, Amazon UK have added Anime Limited's Q1 line-up and interestingly enough there are three more titles that the distributor have yet to announce.

Riddle Story of Devil
Format: Blu-ray (UK Exclusive *for now*) & DVD
"Diomedéa's adaptation of a manga series surrounding a class of high school assassins and their target takes in violence, love and friendship"

Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Format: Blu-ray & DVD
"This 2014 fantasy-adventure light novel adaptation from Satelight is also coming our way"

Noein ~to your other self~
Format: Blu-ray only (Manga UK once released the series on DVD but is now OOP)
"Satelight's classic 2005 original series"

In addition to these three shows, one of which was forced to be DVD only in the states by Kadokawa, here's the release dates for the rest of the titles. Note that these are not final because we all know what happens next.

11th January 2016
Beck: The Complete Collection (DVD)
Ping Pong the Animation (DVD/Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

25th January 2016
Noein (Blu-ray Collector's Edition)
Expelled From Paradise (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

15th February 2016
Durarara!! x2 Shou (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

29th February 2016
Tokyo ESP (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)
Selector Infected WIXOSS (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)
Lord Marksman and Vanadis (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

14th March 2016
Riddle Story of Devil (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)
Brothers Conflict (DVD, Blu-ray)

28th March 2016
The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star Twin Pack (DVD, Blu-ray)
Miss Hokusai (DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

Quotes are from UK Anime Network.

Cool they've picked up Noein, can't help but wonder what the collectors edition is going to be like. I very much doubt it's packaging will be anywhere near as nice as Funi's LE's though, so I'll probably stick with that at this point.

Very surprised they picked up Riddle Story of Devil, very average show, seemed much more like a Manga/Animatsu type show. Another title that really doesn't deserve the Anime Limited treatment.

NormanicGrav said:
*Will edit post in just a sec*

Just when you thought that the 13 announcements from MCM London Comic Con was enough, Amazon UK have added Anime Limited's Q1 line-up and interestingly enough there are three more titles that the distributor have yet to announce.

Riddle Story of Devil
Format: Blu-ray (UK Exclusive *for now*) & DVD
"Diomedéa's adaptation of a manga series surrounding a class of high school assassins and their target takes in violence, love and friendship"

Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Format: Blu-ray & DVD
"This 2014 fantasy-adventure light novel adaptation from Satelight is also coming our way"

Noein ~to your other self~
Format: Blu-ray only (Manga UK once released the series on DVD but is now OOP)
"Satelight's classic 2005 original series"

In addition to these three shows, one of which was forced to be DVD only in the states by Kadokawa, here's the release dates for the rest of the titles. Note that these are not final because we all know what happens next.

11th January 2016
Beck: The Complete Collection (DVD)
Ping Pong the Animation (DVD/Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

25th January 2016
Noein (Blu-ray Collector's Edition)
Expelled From Paradise (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

15th February 2016
Durarara!! x2 Shou (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

29th February 2016
Tokyo ESP (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)
Selector Infected WIXOSS (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)
Lord Marksman and Vanadis (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

14th March 2016
Riddle Story of Devil (DVD, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)
Brothers Conflict (DVD, Blu-ray)

28th March 2016
The Place Promised in Our Early Days / Voices of a Distant Star Twin Pack (DVD, Blu-ray)
Miss Hokusai (DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray Collector's Edition)

Quotes are from UK Anime Network.

Some of those dates are still TBC - just needed to get stuff in for Q1 ahead of time as a warning :).

AP

IncendiaryLemon said:
Very surprised they picked up Riddle Story of Devil, very average show, seemed much more like a Manga/Animatsu type show. Another title that really doesn't deserve the Anime Limited treatment.

I'm a sucker for Kadokawa shows - Blood Lad came paired with Prisma Illiya by the by and we had great fun doing both of those even if mileage varied between shows for folks :).

AP

anime_andrew said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I'm a sucker for Kadokawa shows - Blood Lad came paired with Prisma Illiya by the by and we had great fun doing both of those even if mileage varied between shows for folks :).

AP

I get that it's important to have a variety of shows among your lineup. I'm sure some folks enjoy the show. More releases are never a bad thing.

Haha, insinuating that Manga/Animatsu only go for weaker shows :D

I was going to skip Riddle Story of Devil but might grab it now it's coming here and on BD, since I wager I'll have some Amazon credit to spend then. I already own Noein twice over and don't really care about the other (it didn't have a simulcast here, did it?) but the AL selection is getting more and more diverse and interesting.

R

anime_andrew said:
NormanicGrav said:
*blah blah new titles blah blah*

*blah blah dates blah blah*

Some of those dates are still TBC - just needed to get stuff in for Q1 ahead of time as a warning :).

AP

Well it's a good thing that I mentioned that they could not be final dates.

So Kadokawa likes you then? Well it's a shame Future Diary went to Kaze. What else is Kadokawa these days.. well there's the Kadokawa Media Factory titles, not sure if they're any interest to you.

Rui said:
Haha, insinuating that Manga/Animatsu only go for weaker shows :D

R

Not quite :p

I've always thought Anime Limited is more selective about the shows they release where as I feel Manga/Animatsu would pick up any show that's remotely popular.

I've only really seen good things about AoT: JH so while I'm sure the name alone will ensure it sells gangbusters (Assuming the price is right for the general public) I feel like they could have also picked it out on the show's own merit.

It's weird to imagine the conversations Andrew must have been having with the licence holders to try and announce some of these at MCM...

AL: Can we announce xyz please..?
Licensor: no.
AL: But the Amazon deadline for Q1 is in 1 week..?
Liscensor: no.
AL: It'll be live on (leaked by) Amazon in a week...
Licensor: no.
AL: This makes no sense?
Licensor: My fingers are in my ears. I can't hear you. tra-la-la-la-la

Ok maybe my knowledge of the complexities involved in some of this is a bit simplistic but it's hard to imagine the licensor side of the conversation being much different...

Emulsion said:
Pre-ordered Durarara X2 Blu-ray even though it's listed as £69.99 on Amazon. Price will have dropped by February.
While I normally try and buy different seasons of the same show from the same region I am breaking that rule for this since the US release is way to expensive for the content so I have preordered this from Amazon as well.

I've been re-watching Noein recently. Oddy enough, I was thinking 'this is the kind of show Anime Limited need to be putting out.'

Manga's old DVD release has some noticeable banding issues, which is a damned shame because the show is beautifully animated. It'll be interesting to see how it fares given the AL treatment.

I also heartily endorse any show which features the message that problems can be solved between adults by stayng indoors and drinking to excess. While supposedly supervising a large group of minors. Awesome!

The most interesting part of this news for me is that more FUNimation titles keep popping up at AL, after FUNimation announced some kind of international expansion was coming. Wonder if FUNi's idea of international expansion is "hey have you met our friend Andrew?", because I could get down for that.

thedoctor2016 said:
Noein is great for me but I still want Eternal summer and I think it will be released before season 1 due to the CR licensing issues

There are only two UK distributors who have content on Crunchyroll, FUNimation and Anime Limited (who I believe partnered with CR for Gangsta. and Prison School in French-speaking territories), both of whom could probably make both season 1 and 2 happen if they wanted.

Also, as an aside, I find it weird that somebody is desperate for a release of Free! but won't touch Prison School because of fanservice...

IncendiaryLemon said:
I've only really seen good things about AoT: JH

Do you want me to change that for you? It's one of only 2 series I've dropped so far this season.

Anyway, of these three I'll be picking up Madan no Ou to Vanadis for sure. Noein I already have on DVD and I'm not interested in upgrading it. Akuma no Riddle was dropped under fansub rule which specifically means that I wouldn't be interested in buying a UK release, so no interest from me there.

Back