UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The Spring/Summer sales always are unfortunately.
One or two good deals like the FMP IV CE seeing as it's the only way to get a subtitled version of the audio drama, Funimation left it on cd and bundled a translated script that doesn't fit in the box.

Biggest annoyance is probably that all the Christmas EBs are £5 cheaper than at Christmas. Titles usually don't get discounted below the EB price for at least 6 months after release.

No free intl shipping for orders over £100 means I'm not ordering anything this sale.

I hope this isn't going to be a consistent thing going forward. If so, then I imagine I will barely buy anything from the UK again.

For those who had their order held, AL informed me that they are expecting to receive stock of the Kids on the Slope CE with the corrected disc in it sometime next week.
Interesting. I got a replacement disc a while ago so I wonder if they rushed replacements out to those they'd shipped to and had to wait on a larger bulk for the rest.

I picked up Irresponsible Captain Tylor. I had been meaning to check it out for years, but I wasn't going to blind-buy at full price. The lack of the ova release is a bit odd, but all I've heard about them is that they're kinda crappy filler that eventually builds up to future arcs that were never adapted (kinda like the Nadesico film), so I'm cool with skipping.

There's very little else I'm interested in, or haven't already bought years back for significantly cheaper as a Sentai release.

The few things are I do like have been somewhat marred by disappointing, or a straight-up lack of follow ups. Jujutsu Kaisen S1 was pretty good, but S2's Shibuya arc really plummeted my expectations for the direction & focus the series wants to take. Promised Neverland was pretty decent, but they never made a second season. Really strange that; I could have sworn they had planned to.

Then there's Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory, which came back after over 15 years away... only to never get its ultimate conclusion to the story. Sales must have really stunk, eh? I guess they waited to long. Possibly the most unjust case of a lack of an animated follow up I've ever encountered. Other than Land of the Lustrous, obviously.

Figured I should finally register here instead of just lurking from the shadows since there are a lot of people from the BD forums here already.

Kind of disappointed about the Free Shipping thing for international. I wonder if they are feeling the need to cut costs from Embracer. Just ordered a few things for now that I knew I wanted and I will save the rest for the holidays and hopefully they figure out their shipping thing.

I picked up Irresponsible Captain Tylor. I had been meaning to check it out for years, but I wasn't going to blind-buy at full price. The lack of the ova release is a bit odd, but all I've heard about them is that they're kinda crappy filler that eventually builds up to future arcs that were never adapted (kinda like the Nadesico film), so I'm cool with skipping.

I loved Tylor both TV and OVAs, highly recommend the series, I hope you enjoy it and I'd be interested to hear your thoughts when you get around to watching it :)

I might get Kiznaiver and Outlaw Star in a few days when I have more monies but not sure, other than that I'm not super tempted by anything :)

Then there's Full Metal Panic: Invisible Victory, which came back after over 15 years away... only to never get its ultimate conclusion to the story. Sales must have really stunk, eh? I guess they waited to long.
That, and going from Kyoto Animation to Xebec 😬

I went for Sister New Devil LE. It's trash, but it's cheap trash in a sturdy art box.

I think its a decent sale but then I have quite a few titles to catch up on and spent over £300 🤦‍♂️

Also went for Tylor and particularly looking forward to watching Garden of words and Lady Nikuko

Kind of disappointed about the Free Shipping thing for international. I wonder if they are feeling the need to cut costs from Embracer. Just ordered a few things for now that I knew I wanted and I will save the rest for the holidays and hopefully they figure out their shipping thing.
Wait, did I miss something? Did they completely scrap the free international shipping after 150GBP?

Went for Tylor too...

Don't think I'll ever spend so much as to trigger the money off voucher again. Is it just me, or was there a time when there wasn't a minimum spend for the vouchers?
I can certainly say that it’s been a minimum of £50 for at least a couple of years now, for any sale (Xmas, spring, summer…) - for the standard newsletter codes.
(un)limited OTOH has never had a minimum spend for the 15%
Its not normally a problem for me, as I tend to just dump half the sale page into my basket in one go anyway. This last Xmas may have made it a bit more complex, but worst case is dropping a mystery box or two in.

Hi all. Apologies if this is a very silly question, but does anyone know if the 15% Anime Unlimited discount code should work on sale items? I tried it, and I get a message saying that the code "couldn't be used with your existing discounts."

Did I read the marketing incorrectly for this? I thought the codes were specifically for this event. The T&Cs say you can't use it on preorder and early bird stuff, but it doesn't say you can't use it on sale/BOGOF items.

I don't mind if I can't use it. The discounts are nice! I just don't want to click order before I know that I could have saved an extra £30.

Still no emails with discount codes. Not even an email about the sale. It's like they've lost me on their member database. Luckily, there's nothing that I want (that I don't already have). Any this way, I'm not tempted to pick up the mystery box on a whim. Phew!

Figured I should finally register here instead of just lurking from the shadows since there are a lot of people from the BD forums here already.

Doubt it. Afaik only the gaming side is doing bad.

Q3 2023 report
Net sales in the quarter for Entertainment & Services amounted to SEK 2,604 million, an
increase of 12 % compared to the same period last year, or –2 % organically and 5 % pro
forma in constant currency. The organic growth was primarily driven by PLAION Partner
Publishing & Film, which saw a notable release of a FPS game, a solid back catalog revenue
as well as a solid performance for its films business. The higher pro forma growth is driven
by Middle-earth Enterprises within operative group Freemode

Hi all. Apologies if this is a very silly question, but does anyone know if the 15% Anime Unlimited discount code should work on sale items? I tried it, and I get a message saying that the code "couldn't be used with your existing discounts."

Did I read the marketing incorrectly for this? I thought the codes were specifically for this event. The T&Cs say you can't use it on preorder and early bird stuff, but it doesn't say you can't use it on sale/BOGOF items.

I don't mind if I can't use it. The discounts are nice! I just don't want to click order before I know that I could have saved an extra £30.
You can't use the code if you have 2 or more titles from the BOGOF section as that discount code will be automatically applied. This isn't an issue if you're in the UK or Ireland but could end up cost6more due to shipping for international customers.

Back