UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think I'm just horrendously lucky & privileged but that is the smallest cinema screen I've ever seen, and I used to work for Odeon!
Definitely beats nothing though!!!!
Genesis is basically an art house cinema designed to be hired out for functions. I think given the issue of how questionably profitable Gundam is in the UK it's about what I expected. It's worth noting that as far as I could gather the guy who has been overseeing Gunpla in the UK for Bandai no longer is and part of this event was to allow the new guys to get a feel of the fanbase.

I got everything I wanted during the Xmas sale - the only thing I missed out on was Black Lagoon, which sold out pretty quickly last time round so hopefully that'll be part of the B1G1F again.

I have yet to receive an email about the 15% discount offer for their Easter sale, but thankfully the code isn't unique so I can use it if I don't get the email in the end.

To be honest this isn't the first time my account has been messy on their system. One example was when my discount just didn't work and almost missed out on an early bird as a result. And the other example is everyone getting their Scotland Loves Anime 2023 magazine in the post but I didn't, which was bizarre as I received the 2021 & 2022 without issue. My account is still active and has been since Day 1 so it's disappointing the quality from Anime Limited has continued to get weaker over the past year.

Now I know AL staff often don't like criticism, but with the lack of communication on the delayed releases and some folks here having other issues of their own like incorrect info on the VAT for European customs and disc replacements not being chased up, I'm disappointed it's gotten this bad and it's unacceptable. And I'm saying this as someone who owns about 90% of Anime Limited's releases since they first started in 2012/2013.

That said, if Andrew does randomly pop up here by coincidence, another bit of feedback that I would give is in relation to some collector's releases using multiple cases (namely Kids on the Slope, Granbelm and Great Pretender).

I have no issue with the idea of why this was chosen, but if you want to keep this type of design going forward you need to ditch the use of the UK cases and go for the slimmer ones (best example I'm recommending in terms of the size are the slim cases 88 Films have used for their Martial Arts releases like the Tiger Cage Trilogy and The Inspector Wears Skirts films) because all the consumer is going to think about is not the rather nice packaging and artwork, but rather 'this is taking up too much of my shelf'.

@NormanicGrav I second the use of thinner cases in general, especially as a lot of their CEs tend to be a standard case and booklet setup nowadays anyway.

Last edited:
I believe for great pretender they did it that way so they could showcase all the art they had I believe they said that at some stage. For other series I’d like to just have 1 case + decent sized artbook instead of the smaller ones we tend to get these days.

Also I’m partial to the steelbooks aswell inside the collectors editions as I feel it’d be worth the money being asked these days

I haven't recieved my discount code either, not that I'll be able to make use of the sale yet until I get paid in a few days but still disappointing, luckily as said the code isn't unique.

@NormanicGrav I second the use of thinner cases in general, especially as a lot of their CEs tend to be a standard case and booklet setup nowadays anyway.
'this is taking up too much of my shelf'.
I thought they were supposed to be going back to digipaks? What happened to that? Still the best option IMHO.
That said; I would appreciate the extra efficiency of thinner cases when they’re in an outer box (plus booklet and such): A 15mm Amaray holding just a disc or two doesn’t really add any perceivable value to the package over a more compact option - you could even say it feels ‘empty’ in some cases.

However it also appears there are reasons for this: I’m not going to say they’re being lazy (or that other companies don’t do similar), but there are a number of examples where the CE (or LE) differs from the ‘standard‘ edition by little more than the enclosing box. Which also highlights that this isn’t a new trend either; off the top of my head there’s Honneamise, Gundam, Cardcaptor…

I have decided to wait for the Standard Edition of Lupin the 3rd Part 6 just cuz I don't think the CE is sufficiently fancy for me to justify the extra expenditure (I also haven't gotten around to Part 5 yet but considering how much I loved Part 4 that's not as much of an issue for me) :)
I’m assuming the (Lupin6) listing that popped up on MVMs site for £31.49 is the standard edition, with a release date of 1 week later than AtA.

Back