UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Also i assume you've checked the tracking as you know where the parcel was left, sometime photo, maybe even mentions left with neighbour

I have checked the tracking and it says it was left in the hall, unfortunately (sorry if I'm not quite making sense am a bit tired). Thankyou for your input, I will give a bit more thought to what to do :)

You might be able to just do a claim direct with royal mail as they are technically at fault for leaving it in a hall way
Late to the party, but this would be my suggestion as well. I know if I've ever had a problem with delivery (RM once sent a parcel without tracking back to Japan because I didn't collect it, I didn't collect it because the postman never left a card to say they had attempted to deliver it) I have taken it to the delivery company rather than the seller because the seller isn't really responsible for delivery issues, they would only have to take it up with RM themselves anyway.

Late to the party, but this would be my suggestion as well. I know if I've ever had a problem with delivery (RM once sent a parcel without tracking back to Japan because I didn't collect it, I didn't collect it because the postman never left a card to say they had attempted to deliver it) I have taken it to the delivery company rather than the seller because the seller isn't really responsible for delivery issues, they would only have to take it up with RM themselves anyway.

I might just cut my losses on this occasion, but next time I will do my best to be more diligent about following it up sooner. Thankyou though. (And your story just made me think "hah. Classic." But I really feel for you how frustrating!) :) Thanks again to @zappi and @Otomo for gifting me two of the items that were lost, I am extremely grateful :) <3

Well seems my Nadia replacement disc also shipped to Belgium. Value on the package is stated as 0,01£ resulting in BPost charging me 22,39€ if I want to receive it.

Guess I’ll need to get in contact with AL on how they will solve this.

Well seems my Nadia replacement disc also shipped to Belgium. Value on the package is stated as 0,01£ resulting in BPost charging me 22,39€ if I want to receive it.

Yeah, AL really need to revise their customs handling. There is a separate process for sending replacements or repair returns that's VAT exempt and they're not using it. Trunks was sent a replacement EVA set from them after An Post flattened their one and it was still sent as a sale item with the full item cost incurring a second import charge.

Value on the package is stated as 0,01£ resulting in BPost charging me 22,39€ if I want to receive it.
Wat. Why is something marked as being worth a penny incurring any import charges at all? Surely that’s well below the import tax threshold (isn’t it around €150 in most eurozone countries?) and I presume Belgium’s VAT rate isn’t 2239%. Even the dreaded handling fee in the UK only applies to parcels that need to be held for tax to be paid.

Do we reckon animelimited with later on release rent a girlfriend series 2 and 3?

Tempted order series 1 and 2 from allyourmusic for £67,as animelimited track record of releasing more than a series is abysmal

Wat. Why is something marked as being worth a penny incurring any import charges at all? Surely that’s well below the import tax threshold (isn’t it around €150 in most eurozone countries?) and I presume Belgium’s VAT rate isn’t 2239%. Even the dreaded handling fee in the UK only applies to parcels that need to be held for tax to be paid.
You'll find the entirety of that charge will be a handling fee for customs processing plus a fraction of a cent VAT. All imported items are subject to VAT, that €150 threshold is with regards to Duty which is 0% on physical media.

Because Ireland is so reliant on UK imports when the new importation laws came into effect the handling fee from our postal service went down from €10 a parcel to €3.50, €22+ for it in Belgium is just straight up robbery.

Do we reckon animelimited with later on release rent a girlfriend series 2 and 3?

Tempted order series 1 and 2 from allyourmusic for £67,as animelimited track record of releasing more than a series is abysmal

Honestly I don't expect them to, I'd say they only got S1 as it was a Crunchyroll sub-license released by Sentai whereas S2 was released by Crunchyroll directly.

The same goes for other series in a similar boat such as My Next Life as a Villainess.

The most I could say is that Crunchyroll UK may eventually release them once AL have released the first season as it'll be in the UK market.

Though Crunchyroll UK only focus on the very latest new releases they went back to release Classroom of the Elite S1 once S2 was on its way to releasing and if new listings come to be then they may be repeating the same with Uzaki-chan.

I'd love to be wrong and AL somehow make a deal to release the later seasons but I plan to import the following seasons of Rent-A-Girlfriend and similar shows in that situation.

Isn’t there a VAT exemption for repairs and replacements?
Obviously I don’t know the specifics of Belgium customs, but there at least used to be something for goods in/out of UK

Back