UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Not gonna lie, I am disappointed with Anime Limited. I don't mind delays but I would appreciate them sending an e-mail letting people know that title X's release is delayed. Nijigasaki Season 2 was supposed to release 18th of December and there has been no shipping notification for it nor have they answered to my tweets nor e-mails about its release being delayed. Their customer service is very poor.
Their handling of Love Live is so bad I started getting the Japanese Blu-rays. I am that kind of hater

Their handling of Love Live is so bad I started getting the Japanese Blu-rays. I am that kind of hater
I've been collecting the JP BDs for a while as they come with bonus CDs and extras we don't get over here. Shame Bamco have stopped doing English subs with their more recent releases though. Niji OVA and Yohane are both native JP only.

I've been collecting the JP BDs for a while as they come with bonus CDs and extras we don't get over here. Shame Bamco have stopped doing English subs with their more recent releases though. Niji OVA and Yohane are both native JP only.
Hopefully they'll do subs for Superstar Season 3. I wonder if they didn't do it for Yohane since it's not a mainline title.

Hopefully they'll do subs for Superstar Season 3. I wonder if they didn't do it for Yohane since it's not a mainline title.
Just have to wait and see. From what I've seen everything since they reorganised Sunrise under Bandai Namco Filmworks has lacked English subs, so it might be a cost cutting thing.

I can personally confirm that Yohane has English subs.

nEVxKsm.png

The used (but actually pretty much new) market is very cheap for Yohane atm so I wouldn't bother waiting, unlike Nijigasaki and Superstar. Each volume is going for under 1K yen through the latest one, volume 4. I would not be surprised to see the entire set be sub 7K yen overall, which is $50 or so.

Last edited:

nEVxKsm.png

The used (but actually pretty much new) market is very cheap for Yohane atm so I wouldn't bother waiting, unlike Nijigasaki and Superstar. Each volume is going for under 1K yen through the latest one, volume 4. I would not be surprised to see the entire set be sub 7K yen overall, which is $50 or so.
Thanks for the insight. I'm currently waiting on Superstar and Nijigasaki's second season's to go sub 10K. Gonna keep an eye on Yohane as well now.

nEVxKsm.png

Thanks! Admittedly I haven't tried the discs and I was just going off the CD Japan listing which is evidently wrong.

I just stopped watching Love Live because of Anime Limited. Last time I watched was Superstar S1 E12 - 20/10/21

Cant remember if it was Superstar or Nijigasaki that was released on Crunchyroll, not only late but first few days didnt include subtitles. Then the rest streamed on random sites or not at all

Sunshine S2 took so long the US copy went out of print, then Funimation released the complete S1 + S2 set and after another 6+ months we finally got it here

I was close to buying season 1's of Superstar and Nijigasaki from UP1 but wouldnt have been paid in time so... Yeh :(

Yeah only reason I don't get JP blu-rays is because you aren't guaranteed you will get any subs so it's a gamble I'm not willing to take tbh
Someone should make a thread like the region one for JP releases with English subs. I see a few people who regularly import. Even if they can understand Japanese they can still check their discs.

Someone should make a thread like the region one for JP releases with English subs. I see a few people who regularly import. Even if they can understand Japanese they can still check their discs.
That would be good. I go by what's listed on CDJapan, and I know they don't always list everything that have English subtitles.

I already have a thread like this over on Blu-ray.com that I started way back in 2014, although I haven't updated the releases listed in the first few posts since September of 2015, so it's got all the older JP English friendly releases included in the list. They are grouped by English Sub-only, Dub-only, and Sub and Dub. Users there have contributed later JP releases inside the thread itself that are English friendly, but I just ran out of steam long ago updating that first post, and never went back to it.

Japanese Anime Releases with English Subs/Dubs

Back