UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I had assumed that this was the case on the Nadia disc, that it was a menuing error and the episode is actually present on the disc. Still, this definitely warrants a replacement disc program, as it's not easy to get to the episode to watch it on a computer, and imposible to view on a standard Blu-ray player.

My package with Bookworm CE, Nadia UE, and Tower of God UE from the 2022 Christmas sale finally got picked up by Fedex from AlltheAnime today, after sitting for an entire week at "Label Created." Guess I'll see it arrive next week sometime over here in the US. After that I hopefully will be able to request a replacement disc for the Nadia UE, and wait another 3-4 months, lol.

Sorry for a bit of an off-topic post, I'm just kind of rambling here from boredom, I's very early in the morning and I'm on my first cup of coffee, but... I was following my Fedex tracking information for my big, heavy AL package, and I see it has traveled from Bordon, to Alton, and then to Dartford. Looking at Google Maps, I was trying to figure out what airport Fedex might use for international delivery to the US, I was thinking maybe it's on the way to Stansted? Just curious.

Sorry for a bit of an off-topic post, I'm just kind of rambling here from boredom, I's very early in the morning and I'm on my first cup of coffee, but... I was following my Fedex tracking information for my big, heavy AL package, and I see it has traveled from Bordon, to Alton, and then to Dartford. Looking at Google Maps, I was trying to figure out what airport Fedex might use for international delivery to the US, I was thinking maybe it's on the way to Stansted? Just curious.
Apparently Dartford has it's own airport so they likely use that for international shipping.

EDIT: Scratch that it's a taxi service lmao. Since it's near London probably one of the airports around there I would say.

I pre-ordered the standard edition of Eva that hasn't shipped yet. Not too concerned as I'm sure it's logistics and all that but will keep my eye on it.

Same here. I don't think I've seen anyone receive the standard yet now that you mention it.

AOL shipped out the Steelbook version of Eva to me on Friday, if that counts any toward the Standard Version... I should get it sometime next week.

I noticed this as well, it's very obvious when you look at the spine as you can clearly see the embosing and the print don't line up at all, which tbh the text not being centered on the spine was the first thing I noticed when I got it (This isn't uncommon for an AL release but the embosing makes it look a lot worse). I'd expect it's an issue with all copies so I don't think a replacement will help much, it's the sorta sloppyness I've come to expect from AL these days unfortunately.
Aaw man, really?? This sucks
The embossing on mines is a bit off now that you mention it. I thought it was an outline effect or something but nope.
I haven’t had a chance to try the disc yet, here’s hoping there aren’t further cockups there

@Magical Senshi I think I have to ask you something about this nadia issue. Is the problem just when you go into the select episode menu or is episode 18 still there when you go through the whole thing through play all. Because if you can still watch it through play all then it's annoying but not as much of a problem since it's still watchable in some way. Just checking as I've got lost in all these posts on the situation?

@Magical Senshi I think I have to ask you something about this nadia issue. Is the problem just when you go into the select episode menu or is episode 18 still there when you go through the whole thing through play all.
…or has anyone tried playing episode 17 and either letting it play through or perhaps even skipping to the next episode. Just curious if all avenues have been attempted.

@bakura , @gloomranger would love to check your suggestions, but unfortunately my Oppo BDP-93 simply refuses to play the disc at all. It loads for a short while and then just stops. To be sure tried some other discs and all these loaded just fine.

Also tried disc 3 in the Nadia set but that also fails to load.

Oh well I’m glad I just can rip these and throw them on my server pfffttttt 🤔🤐

@Magical Senshi I think I have to ask you something about this nadia issue. Is the problem just when you go into the select episode menu or is episode 18 still there when you go through the whole thing through play all. Because if you can still watch it through play all then it's annoying but not as much of a problem since it's still watchable in some way. Just checking as I've got lost in all these posts on the situation?
I tried through Play All first when I first got the set (well, there isn't actually a Play All button, but selecting episode 10 is basically the same as hitting Play All in this case, and it plays the correct episode), and just like selecting episode 18 alone, it goes to episode 10 when it's supposed to play episode 18.

…or has anyone tried playing episode 17 and either letting it play through or perhaps even skipping to the next episode. Just curious if all avenues have been attempted.

I tried that sometime ago (see my quote below):

Well who knows what's caused it. I actually checked again by selecting episode 17, using the skip button to skip chapters to get to what was supposed to be episode 18, and it still plays episode 10 after episode 17.

Update: I just tried another technique. I played episode 10 by selecting the actual episode on the menu, then selected episode 18 on the pop-up menu to see if that works. It doesn't.

I tried through Play All first when I first got the set (well, there isn't actually a Play All button, but selecting episode 10 is basically the same as hitting Play All in this case, and it plays the correct episode), and just like selecting episode 18 alone, it goes to episode 10 when it's supposed to play episode 18.

I tried that sometime ago (see my quote below):
Fair enough just wanted to eliminate all potential possibilities.

Back