UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

What a disappointment. The entire lineup is a Sentai package deal. Over half have already been BBFCed by Animatsu. And yet I'm sure at least one of these titles will still be delayed due to a "delay in receipt of the masters" despite the discs existing for years. The whole stream felt like an exercise in pretending it's still the same Anime Limited we all knew and loved.
No Keith or Andrew was weird tbh.

Showcase was a complete disappointment, only new title was Kanji, & it's the only one I have zero interest in.

Edit: there was also Shirobako, but I already own Sentai's release.

What a disappointment. The entire lineup is a Sentai package deal. Over half have already been BBFCed by Animatsu. And yet I'm sure at least one of these titles will still be delayed due to a "delay in receipt of the masters" despite the discs existing for years. The whole stream felt like an exercise in pretending it's still the same Anime Limited we all knew and loved.

I wonder how many of them will have missing episodes. ;)

Somewhat of a dry showcase, though once it was clear it was gonna be the Sentai stuff, I kinda knew it was gonna be like that.

I suspect the shipping policy change forced this too to have stuff ready instead of delaying everything for nearly a year with some items, Good for those who don't own these things but not that interested myself.

Kaiji is one I would like to see if its different to the current Sentai release, as their dub wasn't present on it (it didn't exist, season 1 is done now), but if its exactly the same, I am definitely up for 0 of these for now.

Though it is a little underwhelming there wasn't any new surprises, it's probably better they have titles which won't take a year to release as I feel there would be more complaints about that.

Still some great titles regardless, depending how much I have to spend this year, Kids on the Slope, Kaiji and Shirobako are my highest priority titles but there is still a lot of older releases I'd like to get such as Future Boy Conan on 4K, both seasons of Emma and Captain Tylor among others.

EDIT: Not a fan of the lightning deals concept, especially if some of us miss out on some great titles we really wanted.

2 CE Mystery bundles box set this year (5 CE's for each bundle). which I think will probably tempt me into buying both, althoughI suspect I will have a good few of them.

They did mention they don't want too give titles this year that people have to wait too long for, hence reduceded amount of titles announced.

BOGOF's, stocking fillers and CE/UE as usuall, 2 hour lightning deals (I think they implied thats a certain day though so maybe a weekend), music deal, MVM deals day (so not sure if MVM will do there own sale or not I assume they will still)

I'm so pissed off. I should have gone with Sentai's releases of Kakegurui's seasons in the first place. There is absolutely nothing for me to buy/order during AL's Christmas Sale, there is nothing I want. All of my money will be going to CR and Sentai.

There wasn't a single movie in the lineup either. The only AL titles really worth buying anymore are the movies, so it's a real shame. I was hoping Galaxy Express 999 would make an appearance after SLA.

In terms of specific title announcements I noticed:

Akame Ga Kill
Flowers of Evil
Kids on the Slope
Shirobako
Food Wars
Kaiji
Parasyte

I don't think I missed any?

If they do the same as previous sales & release one title/early bird per day, that's enough for seven days, eight if you include mystery boxes. So ther is still four days unaccounted for, unless the lighting deal day & MVM sale day count towards the twelve days.

I might get Shirobako, although that will depend on the early bird price as it'd be a blind buy for me and I'm careful with those. Nothing else for me in the new pre-orders, but hopefully the catalogue deals will be better.

Honestly, quite a underwhelming title selection, not because they are bad, but either majority were previously announced back in MCM.
In addition barring Shirobako many of the titles are not necessarily must haves on day 1, especially their CE counterparts.

That said, I will be going after Shirobako only for this Christmas run.
Hopefully the movie will get the same CE treatment as well someday.

Will be waiting for standard BDs for Parasyte, Akame ga Kill, Food Wars and Kaiji in 2024.

Back