UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Got Burn the Witch from UP today. Might be my final order from them 😭

Been a while since I've seen a CE with the info printed on the back of the box rather than on a separate sheet. Bit disappointing, but at least there's no elephant hindquarters on the spine.

Nadia 😬

Oh to be a fly on the wall at AL when they heard the feedback for the Nadia set.

If we see any pictures/videos of Andrew in the near future without any hair/beard, then I think we can hazard a guess as to what happened to it. :p

That’s not a bet at all, that’s almost a certainty 😁

Nah, they will be pulling out all the stops to make sure it won't be released until the following Xmas this time. ;)

AL must have been taking inspiration from 60's Doctor Who's missing episodes with that Nadia set.

Joking aside, how do you mess up with QA so badly that something that should be a number 1 priority to get right ends up being overlooked, and with a set priced at triple figures at that, I don't think I've seen a QA screw up this bad since that time Manga region locked that one Naruto set to the wrong region IIRC.

Seems like just the existing discs in a box / pointless cash grab?

I'd be interested if there were some substantial additional extras, such as the MIA-on-disc shorts
Ah you must be new around here. Welcome.

Just another release from 'All The Same Anime'.

I joke obviously, but on the plus side their repackaged releases normally look better than the OG one.

Welcome to true enlightenment.
I stopped preordering over a year ago
I don't think I've preordered anything anime related in years, mainly because I can't trust that I'll be able to watch it in English with English subtitles, that and ever since discovering the Christmas sales, I've learned pretty quickly to stop wasting money on anime not on the sale (except of course for the super rare occasions where I simply can't wait to watch the show or film which almost never happens) as the difference in price is staggering.

Last edited:
Another sale when they didn't send out the previous orders? Are they serious? I don't care about pre-order delays. They don't send normal orders. I'm so pissed that United Publications is going out of business. Now I will have to fight for every item with Anime Ltd or get nothing because this company is a joke when it comes to customer service.

I'm considering sending Anime Limited an e-mail regarding the missing episode, but I'm not sure if I should wait until other people receive their copy either the UE or the standard edition BD.

Joking aside, how do you mess up with QA so badly that something that should be a number 1 priority to get right ends up being overlooked, and with a set priced at triple figures at that, I don't think I've seen a QA screw up this bad since that time Manga region locked that one Naruto set to the wrong region IIRC.
Easy: do not do any QC whatsoever.

One or two months ago I tried to raise awareness about the french branch giving up on any form of QC and the products being all defective in one way or another. This could very well be an internal AL "global" decision, and the results are only showing up now in the UK branch due to its slower pipeline in comparison to the french one. By the way, AL FR never got back to anyone who complained about Gunbuster, Free Final Stroke, and so on. Great stuff.

Easy: do not do any QC whatsoever.

One or two months ago I tried to raise awareness about the french branch giving up on any form of QC and the products being all defective in one way or another. This could very well be an internal AL "global" decision, and the results are only showing up now in the UK branch due to its slower pipeline in comparison to the french one. By the way, AL FR never got back to anyone who complained about Gunbuster, Free Final Stroke, and so on. Great stuff.
I wonder if it's a result of the Embracer takeover. Regardless, it's not a good look on them though.

I wonder if AL will actually address this issue with a disc replacement program or just do an NGE Disc 5 and not mention it. Making you have to go through their support email to actually get one. It sucks regardless because it would of taken a really short amount of time to just check if all the episodes are right or not. We don't want this and I am sure AL doesn't either.

E-mail sent. Now it's the waiting game.

I actually planned on including the video I posted on Twitter, but unfortunately, the file was too big to include as an attachment.
I wonder if they will reply to you. They haven't replied to me for 3 weeks. I sent 3-4 messages during this time. Nothing.

For me, Anime Ltd has gone terribly wrong this year. So much waiting, delays and visible failures when using Nadia normally? What were they doing for so long? I wonder how the UHD transfer turned out. Not that I expected much.

I probably won't buy anything from them this Christmas (I'm thinking about sales) unless they send my backorders for... ~£350. I don't want to take anything from pre-orders because I know how it ends. Unless there is something I have been waiting for a long time, it will be limited to their store, etc. Then I will fight with myself :/

I simply don't trust them anymore in terms of the final result, deadlines, and now I'm even afraid that I may have problems obtaining the item or in case of problems, because contact with them is almost impossible,

E-mail sent. Now it's the waiting game.

I actually planned on including the video I posted on Twitter, but unfortunately, the file was too big to include as an attachment.
Hope you get it I've read one person on here not getting a reply to there emails and I didn't receive a reply when asking when burn the witch would finally be shipped (luckily it got shipped a few day's later), never had that problem when jeremy was there always got a response within 2 days.

I've not been following this thread properly are you so far the only person to report a problem of a missing episode on your boxset specifically or have others reported problems?

Back