UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

11th announcement:
  • Re:ZERO Season 2

A bit of a ****** move to save it for now when they could have done it before people imported but hey ho. Curious to see how they managed to get this one.

Goddamn it 😅 tempted to sell my U.S. LE release now. Considering the UK release will likely be cheaper than what I paid for the U.S. release, I can easily make my money back.

Last edited:
11th announcement:
  • Re:ZERO Season 2

A bit of a ****** move to save it for now when they could have done it before people imported but hey ho. Curious to see how they managed to get this one.
Really weird timeline of events with this release. Crunchyroll must've just somehow forgotten they didn't have the rights for this or something. Hard to blame ALTD for the situation tbh, nice that we're getting it.

MCM Recap, to save yourself the trouble of scrolling up.

New:
  1. Lonely Castle in the Mirror (dir: Keiichi Hara, studio: A-1 Pictures)
  2. BLUE GIANT (dir: Yuzuru Tachikawa, studio: NUT)
  3. Kaiji
  4. SHIROBAKO
  5. Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (semi-new license but let's just leave it here)
  6. Harmonie (dir: Yasuhiro Yoshiura, studio: Studio Rikka & Ultra Super Pictures)
License rescues:
  1. Kids on the Slope
  2. Food Wars! Season 1
  3. The Flowers of Evil
  4. Parasyte -the maxim-
  5. Akame ga Kill!
  6. Naruto (Original series i.e. the one before Shippuden)
  7. Naruto Shippuden [they got this too, makes sense]

Re ZERO - Ram.png

Last edited:
Really weird timeline of events with this release. Crunchyroll must've just somehow forgotten they didn't have the rights for this or something. Hard to blame ALTD for the situation tbh, nice that we're getting it.
It is a messy situation and I can completely understand if Anime Limited only just managed to get their hands on the license like this month alone. I just think that, given how popular the series is and how FOMO can be, if they did have the rights let's say mid-September, they could have gotten more sales from those of us who imported and saving it for today alone is a very risky move.

To be fair Re:ZERO's LEs between AL & Funi have some differences in content and I'm more than happy to double dip if there's enough value to it.

To be fair Re:ZERO's LEs between AL & Funi have some differences in content and I'm more than happy to double dip if there's enough value to it.
Yeah, fair. I have more confidence in the quality of ALTD's materials these days anyways. Kind of sucks for those who got the US LE, but I'd rather this than ending up with a quadruple-priced multi-language disc with a slipcover made of sawdust.

MCM Recap, to save yourself the trouble of scrolling up.

New:
  1. Lonely Castle in the Mirror (dir: Keiichi Hara, studio: A-1 Pictures)
  2. BLUE GIANT (dir: Yuzuru Tachikawa, studio: NUT)
  3. Kaiji
  4. SHIROBAKO
  5. Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (semi-new license but let's just leave it here)
  6. Harmonie (dir: Yasuhiro Yoshiura, studio: Studio Rikka & Ultra Super Pictures)
License rescues:
  1. Kids on the Slope
  2. Food Wars! Season 1
  3. The Flowers of Evil
  4. Parasyte -the maxim-
  5. Akame ga Kill!
  6. Naruto (Original series i.e. the one before Shippuden)

View attachment 31171

12 for 12, AL know how to make me broke, Shirobako and Kaiji are definitely highlights.

Though they've released a number of Sentai releases in the past this really opens the floodgates for possibilities, especially with the Animatsu and MVM rescues. Seeing as a number of Animatsu releases didn't include English dubs or OVA's, this is a good chance to fix that and MVM had so many DVD only titles which have blu-ray's in the U.S. from Sentai so I have my fingers crossed for a number of titles now to get license rescues.

I think I'll stick with just Blue Giant and Harmonie. Got a few of the other titles from other releases. Shame there was no news with regards to Love Live streaming
I'm never gonna shut up about this lol

Back