UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The suffering of being a Teppen fan. So niche even Japan hasn't given it a Blu-ray release.
F5pAykuXcAAkIGF

the full name for Gurren Lagann in Japanese is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, it's the bigger image on the right. dread to think how much Aniplex will charge for 4Ks!
I have a preorder up for Gurren Lagann 4K. It's normal JP pricing, 10.8k yen (~£59)

I expect English subs on Anthem, SAO: Ordinal Scale, and Heaven's Feel since the JP BDs had them. Gurren Lagann is already confirmed to have English subs.

Everything else will be hard to say, hopefully they do come with subs.

I might be interested in Heaven's Feel on 4k. I don't see it up for pre-order yet though.
Gosh, if they released all 3 movies in some ott CE with English subs I'd be all over that. Is that asking for too much? Probably..

My big problem is I tend to form a great desire for stuff that isn't released anywhere or Oop.
Heh that is bloody annoying indeed. Blood+ is the one anime that will likely forever elude me (I still don't understand why the powers that be don't just release it given that there is surely a market for that with the critical acclaim and anime's general popularity nowadays). Oh well, at least it's infinitely easier to get anime now overall compared to the nineties or noughties even.

Blood+ is the one anime that will likely forever elude me (I still don't understand why the powers that be don't just release it given that there is surely a market for that with the critical acclaim and anime's general popularity nowadays).

I love the Blood+ series and I did pickup the old box sets back in 2014 while they were still available at a fairly decent price - less than £100 for the pair. The discs in these sets are notorious for developing disc rot and/or white cloudy deposits from the clear plastic cases degassing, so I made sure I have all the DVD discs backed up to my PC just in case. I do visually inspect them every year or two; the last time I checked my discs were still all pristine, fortunately.

bloodplus1.jpg

Last edited:
Blood+ is the one anime that will likely forever elude me (I still don't understand why the powers that be don't just release it given that there is surely a market for that with the critical acclaim and anime's general popularity nowadays). Oh well, at least it's infinitely easier to get anime now overall compared to the nineties or noughties even.
I was able to purchase the first season of Blood+ on Itunes in Australia. For some reason Australian Itunes has the first season on there. I think its the only place in the english speaking world that has it available. Sadly it does not have the second season but it works well enough until we can get a official release on disc and it was only 13 Dollars. So a pretty good price for 25 episodes

Back