UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Anyone know how watchable this is without having seen the series or any of the other movies.
From the trailer it seems that the movie is a loose adaptation of the climactic arc of the manga. In that case I would recommend that you are familiar with the character backstories and not just the characters themselves, but I think watching episodes 4 and 5 or reading a couple of paragraphs on wikipedia is enough for that.

“Couldn’t make it to Japan Expo? Fear not, we’re bringing news from the show floor to you about two exciting announcements.First up; we’ll be releasing Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War on Collector’s Edition Blu-ray in the UK!”

“Our second announcement is an Anime Ltd favourite - the iconic original series of BLEACH from the 2000s! BLEACH will make a triumphant return to the UK & Ireland on Blu-ray, beginning later this year.”

I'll definitely get Thousand Year Blood War, the animation on that should pop nicely on blu-ray, but I assume the original series is just an upscale so not 100% sure I'll double dip, especially as @HWR just said there is always the worry they'll get two or three sets in then stop...

Stopped watching Bleach because of the filler during the Arrancar arc. Should I watch the old series before the new one as it does carry on from there

“Couldn’t make it to Japan Expo? Fear not, we’re bringing news from the show floor to you about two exciting announcements.First up; we’ll be releasing Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War on Collector’s Edition Blu-ray in the UK!”

“Our second announcement is an Anime Ltd favourite - the iconic original series of BLEACH from the 2000s! BLEACH will make a triumphant return to the UK & Ireland on Blu-ray, beginning later this year.”

Nice to finally see Bleach come to blu-ray in the UK. Had a feeling AL would start picking up more Viz Media titles but wasn't 100% sure, maybe we could see Naruto or Ranma 1/2 eventually (pretty sure Ranma is a Viz title, right?). Hopefully see more InuYasha soon enough as well (though yet to pick up set one myself).

Last edited:
Very cool announcements though I’m cautious to be too enthusiastic as we still haven’t gotten any more of InuYasha, another 100+ episode series with a newer continuation.
The big difference here is that Manga & KAZE did all the work for Anime Limited when it comes to BBFC costs, so with that out of the way the rest shouldn't be an problem.

Now the biggest question I have is the Blu-ray masters. Viz did their own and it's not particularly great (their authoring in general has tanked for the past few years as well which doesn't help either), and in Japan they did their own which was better, but apparently in return they skipped the filler episodes.

I gave up on anyone releaseing Bleach on blu-ray over here. so grabbed most of the US one's over the past few years.
But still missing the last few sets, was even considering picking them up in the rightstuf birthday sale.

Now i have to work out what the best plan and if they will ever get too the later seasons/sets and whether I can maybe mix and match, I suspect the UK won't get the shiny slip covers the US got but thats as I just haven't seen alltheAnime release anything of late with slip covers (assuming they are pretty much Viz copies)

NOTE: disney+ has all of the old seasons if anyone can't wait (I think HD but streaming quality HD) or just want to get them selves into it

Now the biggest question I have is the Blu-ray masters. Viz did their own and it's not particularly great (their authoring in general has tanked for the past few years as well which doesn't help either), and in Japan they did their own which was better, but apparently in return they skipped the filler episodes.
Dynit did their own upscales with grain to mask source artifacts.

Stopped watching Bleach because of the filler during the Arrancar arc. Should I watch the old series before the new one as it does carry on from there
If it's going to follow the manga (which I think it will) yes you will need to watch the others, but you can easily skip all the filler arcs they pretty much acknowledge there not part of the main cannon so don't even try to connect it up.

I highly doubt they will, but if they put out a big box set like was done for Yu Yu Hakusho for OG Bleach, I might bite, but as much as I enjoy the show, I ain't doing part sets for a show that long. If I ever feel the need to rewatch, I'll jump on D+.

1000 Year Blood War I'll probably get depending on price and extras.

Finally Bleach is coming to Blu Ray in the UK, along with Thousands Year Blood War. Although I am a little skeptical. The first reason is because AL and long series don’t really go together, especially with their collector editions first then standard. Example being InuYasha still only having one part out and being around half as sort as Bleach is concerning. While technically not one series Gundam has been some what consistent but has become a bit more hit or miss on releases from what others say.

AL usually do collectors edition then standard Blu Ray but Bleach is 13 parts on Blu Ray. So are we really going to have 13 collectors editions. Its quite a tall order on shelf space, even if they are only a slipbox and some artcards. One reason I think they might not do collectors editions for Bleach is its long size and they didn’t metion collector edition in the announcement like they did for a thousand year blood war.

For all I know I could be completely wrong but if AL are not doing collector editions and just standard editions please give them ad least a slipcover, slipcase or an artbox to house all of them. Don’t be beaten in packaging by Viz. So glad we are finally getting Bleach but I am cautiously optimistic about AL releasing it all. Also don’t skip the filler arcs AL, people don’t like them but I actually enjoyed them.

Finally Bleach is coming to Blu Ray in the UK, along with Thousands Year Blood War. Although I am a little skeptical. The first reason is because AL and long series don’t really go together, especially with their collector editions first then standard. Example being InuYasha still only having one part out and being around half as sort as Bleach is concerning. While technically not one series Gundam has been some what consistent but has become a bit more hit or miss on releases from what others say.

AL usually do collectors edition then standard Blu Ray but Bleach is 13 parts on Blu Ray. So are we really going to have 13 collectors editions. Its quite a tall order on shelf space, even if they are only a slipbox and some artcards. One reason I think they might not do collectors editions for Bleach is its long size and they didn’t metion collector edition in the announcement like they did for a thousand year blood war.

For all I know I could be completely wrong but if AL are not doing collector editions and just standard editions please give them ad least a slipcover, slipcase or an artbox to house all of them. Don’t be beaten in packaging by Viz. So glad we are finally getting Bleach but I am cautiously optimistic about AL releasing it all. Also don’t skip the filler arcs AL, people don’t like them but I actually enjoyed them.
I'm glad Bleach is finally coming to blu ray here as I'd held off importing but I share the exact same fears as you...
Anime Limited + long running series really don't have the best history (Twin Star Exorcists anybody...)
I have no doubt AL will deliver a good release but another point you didn't make was AL's current pricing strategy... if they can keep it £40 collector's and £30 standed MAX shouldn't have too much trouble.
I totally understand AL market themselves as a premium label but I hope they don't forget the reason Bleach did so well sales wise as a perennial seller wasn't because it had a big fancy expensive edition it was because it was cheap and sold well to all the normies 🤷‍♂️

I think most people would be happy if they kept the cost down.
Stick a slip and a poster or something on the first print run, charge £30 and you're good.

They did do Twin Exorcists or whatever that show was. That was a long running shonen anime, not as long as Bleach though
Guessing you weren't there for the release? There was nearly a full year between part 1 & part 2. Genuinely think they would've sacked it off and cancelled pt 2 - 4 if they could but the backlash would've been crazy regardless of how mid the show was.

Not even sure how many months it's been since part 1 of Inu Yasha. Suppose that doesn't fall under the same scrutiny as that release wasn't a brand new series.

Edit: I got curious, InuYasha (Season 1) released Nov 2021!!! 😱

Last edited:
Guessing you weren't there for the release? There was nearly a full year between part 1 & part 2. Genuinely think they would've sacked it off and cancelled pt 2 - 4 if they could but the backlash would've been crazy regardless of how mid the show was.

Not even sure how many months it's been since part 1 of Inu Yasha. Suppose that doesn't fall under the same scrutiny as that release wasn't a brand new series.

I was wondering what the TSE issue was. That and the ever increasing gap between InuYasha releases is definitely something they should sort out. Yikes.

the Twin star delay has made me so cautious about long series releases by AL, to the point I won't buy them until they are fully released, got stung bad enough when Viz used to drop bad selling titles, like Monster, Full moon and Hikaro no go

Back