UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I was kind of worried about that when they posted the survey. Which is kind of why I like to ask @Hanners @demiopedia and @anime_andrew questions here to be sure there still looking here. If nothing else just a friendly chat.
Sorry I'm a bit behind on this one as I've been off enjoying the Easter break - there's been no changes in terms of staffing, I'm happy to say! Just some big things coming up that can't be shared until completely finalised. But rest assured if you need anything, we're still here to try and answer any questions you guys have :)

+ also Hanners puts everything more eloquently than I ever could so I'm glad he responded before I did!

Last edited:
Sorry I'm a bit behind on this one as I've been off enjoying the Easter break - there's been no changes in terms of staffing, I'm happy to say! Just some big things coming up that can't be shared until completely finalised. But rest assured if you need anything, we're still here to try and answer any questions you guys have :)

+ also Hanners puts everything more eloquently than I ever could so I'm glad he responded before I did!
Has anybody ever explained why Bookworm is delayed for 6 months?
or is this one of the super secret things we aren't allowed to know?

All the Anime now stocking Crunchyroll product?

MVM content too

This is very weird, why would they want to compete with AoL, and it's nearly £10 more than at AoL?
Are AL on the Sony hit list so soon after the Embracer sale 😂

Anime Limited as well as Anime On-Line, United Publications? There have been a few attempts at anime specific e-tailers alongside those two, but I can't remember them other than Otaku something or other. They never lasted long. Along with the maintream, Amazon, Zavvi and HMV. and sites like Rarewaves and Music Magpie, I don't think there's room for three...

Just wanted to post the let those who had a dodgy cover for the Love Live Nijigasaki, I received my replacement today and it's fine, no warping on the cover. They even gave me a discount voucher for the postage (I was offered a refund or a voucher and since I'm planning to place a preorder soon, I went for the voucher).

MVM content too

@Hanners @demiopedia this one of the super secret surprises you had yet to announce?

If you've paid up for the annual 10% discount it gets pretty comparable though.
10% discount compared to AoL's 25% off pre orders...

Sounds like I'm knocking them but I actually really do get it, it's hard times out there in the UK license scene and you gotta adapt to survive 🤷‍♂️ love to know AoL's thoughts on it though. Guessing they're cool as AL are doing MVM titles.
If AL wants to expand and sell other things you've literally got Seven Seas and other "adult" titles being pulled off Amazon and other sites so that's an open goal!!

Sounds like I'm knocking them but I actually really do get it, it's hard times out there in the UK license scene and you gotta adapt to survive 🤷‍♂️ love to know AoL's thoughts on it though. Guessing they're cool as AL are doing MVM titles.
If AL wants to expand and sell other things you've literally got Seven Seas and other "adult" titles being pulled off Amazon and other sites so that's an open goal!!
Seven Seas & Ghost Ship would be very handy, AL definitely could use some quality titles like Blue Giant (this one would work if they pick up the license to the film), GIGANT, Monster Musume, World's End Harem, and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs.

Though if Anime Limited wants to make their online store even better, then they should do weekly specials like Rightstuf does for various distributors/media formats (not talking AL only titles but like all of them).

This weeks EB is the same price on the AL store. Between the Unlimited sub and free shipping from AL vs £3.50 for AOL it works out cheaper for me in Ireland.

Between the Unlimited sub and free shipping from AL vs £3.50 for AOL it works out cheaper for me in Ireland.

It's reverse for me being in the US, £5 shipping per item from AOL, as opposed to a flat £25 from AtA. So AOL gets my business for small 1-3 title orders. I do try to plan ahead though, so I can make larger orders of AL Collector's titles during the big AtA sales when they offer their Unlimited subscription codes and £100 free international shipping, so I still end up ordering a lot of titles from AtA; I just make orders from them less often. I placed an order for 7 CE titles from AL in their Spring Sale, and two orders with a total of 12 CE titles in their Holiday Sale in December.

Last edited:
I’m hoping Anime Limited add IOSS support so I can use it as my exclusive anime store going forward, I much prefer their packaging over other shops but the customs fees add up

Some fascinating conspiracy theories here! 😅 We're not being paid or strong-armed into stocking third-party products, it's a simple normal practice just like any other online store deciding to stock a product range. Personally, for some time I've been passionate about turning the jokes about "All The Anime" into a reality, and this is a big step in that direction, and it's not about competing on price for us as much as it is increasing our general service offering for loyal customers and those who want a single place to shop for any UK anime release on home video.

You've seen us experiment with manga before in the past, and that's definitely something I'm keen for us to continue and extend - however, keeping abreast of (and stocked with) manga releases is a far more labour-intensive task than it is on the anime side, so bear with us while we work on that side of things.

Back