UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Impression I got is that while Sound and March both went on to have great sequels the same can't be said for Amanchu. I've seen quite a few call it a disappointment. If it's got that kind of reception I'm not surprised people haven't been asking AL for season 2.
I've been asking about Amanchu season 2 myself, and I've seen a few others do the same, but I would have to agree with the opinion that second season wasn't nearly as good as the first.
I'd still pre-order it in a flash, one of the few releases I would do so for, but yeah it is less of a surprise it hasn't seen a release, unlike March Comes In which seems to be almost universally accepted to have a much better 2nd season, to the point where I've seen quite a few say picking up the 1st season is pointless if they can't get the 2nd too.

To be honest though, I always kinda felt the fact that Amanchu season 2 didn't get a release stateside was a big factor, I know it's not as much an issue for AL as it is for MVM, but if they could have sub-licensed an english release master from the states I think we might have seen it here by now.

I would really love to complete MCILAL, but I can't justify spending over £300 on one cour.
Agreed, I know there's always a few, but I seriously doubt there are enough people on this side of the atlantic would would have gone for the US sets at those prices for it to have much affect on the sales AL could expect on a season 2 release.

I would really love to complete MCILAL, but I can't justify spending over £300 on one cour.
Rightstuf had the Aniplex of America releases on sale for $70 each during the Holiday sales, I picked up all four sets for a total of $280, so I saved $240. Unfortunately Part 4 is now OOP and no longer available; it sold out during the first few hours of the Black Friday sale, on 11/20. So, no chance of getting the second season from AoA now, either.

Last edited:
Agreed, I know there's always a few, but I seriously doubt there are enough people on this side of the atlantic would would have gone for the US sets at those prices for it to have much affect on the sales AL could expect on a season 2 release.

I'm unconvinced that the number would have to be all that high not to demolish the UK sales potential. I really don't think it's a big seller here (sadly).

R

Has Don Glees been delayed? According to AL's store it's out 27th March, but I'm sure UP said January when I ordered a week or two ago.

It's literally the only thing I have pre-ordered atm :/
I'm also confused by it because it does say that but then it says in the product page its 30/01/2023. it also, oddly, still has The Deer King extras listed as well.

My replacement Evangelion blu-ray disc 5 finally arrived today! Hopefully that means everyone else who requested a replacement will also receive theirs soon.

Fm2bG8_WQAI1C-R

This is a poster from this edition? I was 100% sure it was a temporary image.

I actually saw these posters out and about I think like at train stations maybe? (Unless I'm getting mixed up and that was in a photo someone else took XP) so I think it would be quite cool to own one but I'm not buying this set as I already have the UE :)

I actually saw these posters out and about I think like at train stations maybe? (Unless I'm getting mixed up and that was in a photo someone else took XP) so I think it would be quite cool to own one but I'm not buying this set as I already have the UE :)
It’s a shame this set isn’t available discless for those of us with the UE to transplant the discs for ease of use.

I bought myself the Limited Edition set of Seraph of the End, and interestingly, Anime Limited re-used the Universal discs. Can anyone confirm if AL's release of The Heroic Legend of Arslan used the Universal discs also? The reason for asking is that unlike Seraph, the discs for Arslan have some issues, including not being able to show subtitles and signs at the same time.

Is there any known way to get the creases out of folders like that?

You can actually use a hot iron on the posters to iron out the sharp folds, and make them much less noticable. I believe you use a thin towel under and on top of the poster, without any steam. There are plenty of videos on YouTube to show you how to do it properly. I've ironed a few folded posters myself, and it does make the folds flat enought that if the poster is framed under glass/acrylic/plexi, the folds are not really noticable until you look up close.

Looking at that image of this poster though, where the background is solid black, it looks like the folds have creased down into the white paper underneath, so there will probably be visible white lines where the folds are, even after ironing. When I purchase any posters for display in my poster snap frames on the walls of my theater room, I always try to get ones that are shipped rolled, but you just don't have that option when the poster comes packed inside a Blu-ray box set.

Last edited:
Back