UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I got a message that my copy was meant to be delivered this morning...but also that it's sitting in a depot 150 miles away with no sign of it moving. Sure enough it didn't arrive. Royal Fail strikes again (literally and figuratively).

Same for me yesterday as well so likely Monday now I guess.

I have a question for someone from Anime Ltd, so it's to you @anime_andrew. But, anyone can answer for that, if that question appeared here, and was answered.
There is a chance for Sound Euphonium Season 2 in UK from you? I'm asking, because it's almost sold out (or it is OOP now) in the USA, so waiting for this means for me - lost (or probably/my last chance) my chance for getting this series. I really want to get it from you, really, but wants to know that you are trying to get it and there is a good chance of it. If it isn't, say so so I can consider whether or not I'm willing to take the risk. Can you do this for me?

I started collecting the El Hazard series recently in Collectors Edition format and I was wondering if it's possible to get a UK release of El Hazard The Wanderers aka the TV series just to complete El Hazard collection on home video here?

I have a question for someone from Anime Ltd, so it's to you @anime_andrew. But, anyone can answer for that, if that question appeared here, and was answered.
There is a chance for Sound Euphonium Season 2 in UK from you? I'm asking, because it's almost sold out (or it is OOP now) in the USA, so waiting for this means for me - lost (or probably/my last chance) my chance for getting this series. I really want to get it from you, really, but wants to know that you are trying to get it and there is a good chance of it. If it isn't, say so so I can consider whether or not I'm willing to take the risk. Can you do this for me?
While I can't speak for them, I've seen answers to this in the past where they've said that it didn't sell very well. It's why pursuing the second season never seemed to happen.

While I can't speak for them, I've seen answers to this in the past where they've said that it didn't sell very well. It's why pursuing the second season never seemed to happen.
During the Cloud Matsuri 2022: Ask Anime Limited CEO Andrew Partridge, Andrew said that the licensing situation with Sound! Euphonium 2 has been complicated but they think that enough time has passed for it not be complicated anymore so there's a possibility they might license it and they are keeping their fingers crossed.

Time code 38:25 - 38:54

Last edited:
I'd buy a copy of Sound Euphonium Season 2, and also March Comes In Like A Lion Season 2.

"there are dozens of us, DOZENS!"

Dozens still isn't huge. I know that some of the print runs aren't huge but I'd imagine they'd need to be confident enough to know that they could sell a large chunk of their run rather than be stuck with it for years.
Perhaps I'm wrong on this one, I do know people here have liked it. But I'm just saying what I've also seen mentioned before here too.

During the Cloud Matsuri 2022: Ask Anime Limited CEO Andrew Partridge, Andrew said that the licensing situation with Sound! Euphonium 2 has been complicated but they think that enough time has passed for it not be complicated anymore so it's as possibility they might license it and they are keeping their fingers crossed.

Time code 38:25 - 38:54

Huh, maybe something has changed then.

The only reason I never bothered to buy Sound Euphonium was because they never released a matching set of Season 1 and 2 anywhere I saw that was English friendly. I liked Season 1 but never bought it; in the US it was released in those huge PonyCan cases, so I was waiting to see if it would get released elsewhere in normal packaging for both Season 1 and 2.

Sarcasm really isn't your thing is it? I've seen you reply to similar with an "actually" reply before.
I will admit that I wasn't sure if it was a joke or being serious. When all you can go off is text, I sometimes find it harder to gauge which it is meant to be unless I feel like it's outright obvious, and in this case as people did say it was being mentioned again in Cloud Matsuri that maybe I got the information a bit wrong or out of date. The speech marks were probably the indication I assume for the sarcasm?

My opinion on the issue is that people keep asking about Hibike! Season 2 and March comes in like a Lion Season 2 all the time, to a lesser extent than series such as Amanchu! Advance. As someone who would love for all three to be released, I wonder how difficult it would be for them to do all or some of them at least to keep their reputation. It will never come to such an extreme but I remember the Spanish market almost collapsing when people stopped buying series they thought may never be completed.

I held out for March Comes In Like A Lion s2 for a while after buying the UK edition but I just couldn't keep waiting when the US ones were likely to drift out of print so I ended up switching my support. It's unfortunate but when the silence lasts so long on a title it's very easy for fans to end up losing out, and I really love the show! But I doubt I'm the only one who defected, and that means that the sales drop-off for season 2 (which would already be sizeable for any given release) is going to be even greater. Given that it sounds so niche from the blurb and has no real action I can see it selling pretty terribly, despite being a high profile license from the Japanese perspective and a genuinely brilliant take on the trials of growing up from a more relatable angle. A perfect storm of unfortunate circumstances 😓

R

Back