UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Fh3-cXnWIAEnwMO

IT'S HAPPENING GUYS!
holy fuzadsdsdsa
thought for sure that it's chance had passed
day 1!

I don't think I know any of Studio Nano's dubbing output. How are they in terms of quality?

According to ANN, they were involved with the following title's:

2.43: Seiin High School Boys Volleyball Team (TV): ADR Production
Alice in Deadly School (OAV): ADR Production
Battle Athletes Victory ReSTART! (TV): ADR Production
Blue Reflection Ray (TV): ADR Production
Fantasy BishĹŤjo Juniku Ojisan to (TV): ADR Production
Gekidol (TV): ADR Production
Girlfriend, Girlfriend (TV): ADR Production
Given (TV): ADR Production
Higurashi: When They Cry – SOTSU (TV): ADR Production
Hortensia Saga (TV) : ADR Production
(The) House of the Lost on the Cape (movie) : ADR Production
Ikebukuro West Gate Park (TV): ADR Production
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (TV): Recording Studio
Love Live! Superstar!! (TV): ADR Production
Magatsu Wahrheit -Zuerst- (TV): ADR Production
Otherside Picnic (TV): ADR Production
A Place Further Than the Universe (TV): ADR Production
Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!! (TV): ADR Production
Taisho Otome Fairy Tale (TV): ADR Production

Studio Nano, like Kocha Sound and Sound Cadence, often appear on various productions for other companies (eleven arts and crunchyroll) and run by people who work in the business as voice actors and generally seem to care about the product. Much like Sound Cadence (who often collaborates with Discotek like on Gunbuster), that can be seen in the final product and this also shows they can and will cast whoever, not just locked to one region.

Suffice to say, very promising this all is.

A Place Further Than the Universe is not a show I'm interested in myself, I think I only watched through the first episode. But I'm sure it's gonna sell like hot cakes to everyone else, lol. People have been chomping at the bit for this for five years; It'll probably sell out just in pre-orders.

Late on this but I am honestly surprised to see more Crunchyroll licenses picked up by Anime Limited. Now as far as I know they haven't stated whether this was before or after the merger, because that's a big deal on whether or not the older licenses can still be released to other distributors (otherwise it is a complete monopoly to have them all kept to just one distributor).

Tokyo Marble Chocolate I like how various news sites and US forum users are treating it as news for the UK when in reality it's just a US/CA only announcement (they should have cleared that up with the flags mentioned on the slide, though I know they stated it's for the US since they've had the rights for years).

Gz5fvuIl.png

I reckon this motivational image encouraged them more to license the series.​

I still wonder what they have in store for the 12 Days of Christmas sale itself, but I wouldn't be surprised if those 3 titles were going to be among the early birds.

Back