UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm going to guess that AL have a Christmas announcement lined up for the 4K restorations of Hakujaden, The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon, and Takahata's Horus Prince of the Sun.

...If I hope out loud for long enough there's a chance I'll be right one day, right? 😛

More realistically, I guess the Patlabor movie trilogy, Inu-Oh 4K, Gundam movie trilogy 4K, War in the Pocket, and Kemonozume

I'm going to guess that AL have a Christmas announcement lined up for the 4K restorations of Hakujaden, The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon, and Takahata's Horus Prince of the Sun.

...If I hope out loud for long enough there's a chance I'll be right one day, right? 😛

More realistically, I guess the Patlabor movie trilogy, Inu-Oh 4K, Gundam movie trilogy 4K, War in the Pocket, and Kemonozume

With the Dubs Would Be Sick !

With the Dubs Would Be Sick !

Yeah, I'd argue there would be no real point of releasing the Patlabor movies without the Manga UK dubs. Even with the more liberal translation, the first two films live and die by those scripts. I'm led to believe, given that the dubs were made during the whole 50hz period, that there would be difficulties retiming them without adjustments; that said, I'm certain Justin Sevakis has already done so as a personal project, so if there was anyone I'd trust to do it, it's him

Yeah, I'd argue there would be no real point of releasing the Patlabor movies without the Manga UK dubs. Even with the more liberal translation, the first two films live and die by those scripts. I'm led to believe, given that the dubs were made during the whole 50hz period, that there would be difficulties retiming them without adjustments; that said, I'm certain Justin Sevakis has already done so as a personal project, so if there was anyone I'd trust to do it, it's him
wouldn't the dubs just be adjusted for 50hz output for the dvd release

received_490087679216231_11zon.jpeg
I still have the Manga DVDs, the Beez LCEs and the Sentai collection and the only thing I remember from the Manga dubs was when Ota calls someone a a-hole in image above lol.

Almost every "made for TV" or "made for VHS" dub in Europe was produced in PAL speed. Whilest conversion to 23,976 fps might result in a small quality drop, most likely nobody would notice unless it affects famous music pieces.

Retiming these to Blu-ray masters is usually an easy job - well: Unless the company that produced the dub applied censorship first...

Any of these being part of the Christmas announcements would make me super happy:
A Place Further than the Universe
Rose of Versailles
Dear Brother (Oniisama e)
Laid-Back Camp (Yuru Camp)
Symphogear
Sound! Euphonium Season 2
Liz and the Blue Bird
March Comes in like a Lion Season 2
Amanchu Season 2

Last edited:
Any of these being part of the Christmas announcements would make my super happy:
A Place Further than the Universe
Rose of Versailles
Dear Brother (Oniisama e)
Laid-Back Camp (Yuru Camp)
Symphogear
Sound! Euphonium Season 2
Liz and the Blue Bird
March Comes in like a Lion Season 2
Amanchu Season 2
With at least 5 of those being quite high on my own wishlist, think I'm gonna go look up the ones I'm less familiar with...

I could potentially see AL releasing Rental Magica and Sayonara, Zetsubo-Sensei. They’re both Nozomi licenses.

My wish list however would include Fafner in the Azure, Mushi-shi, and xxxHOLiC (this includes anything that hasn’t been localized in the US). I’m not really holding my breath on any of these titles getting licensed, but I’m just putting them out into the world.

There's a whole lota 'hoping' with big lists of new licences... have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of disappointment this Xmas.

I'll keep my thoughts "optimistic" and say most we'll get is maybe Patlabor, Persona 4 and Tiger & Bunny if they locked down rights long enough ago before Netflix got season 2 and most likely bumped the price up.

Other than that maybe some repackaged single parts in artboxes, Demon Slayer & Persona 5 maybe 🤷‍♂️

Happy to be wrong though!!

There's a whole lota 'hoping' with big lists of new licences... have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of disappointment this Xmas.
I already know that all I'm gonna get is most likely just Kakegurui Season 2 but sometimes I just want to live in a delusion for a while 😆 Hope for the best and fear for the worst, that's what my late grandmother always said.

I already know that all I'm gonna get is most likely just Kakegurui Season 2 but sometimes I just want to live in a delusion for a while 😆 Hope for the best and fear for the worst, that's what my late grandmother always said.
I'm right there with you!
Every day I'm like 'they're gonna announce more Gundam!!! Any day now!! I just know it!!!' 🙂🙂

Back