UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Shame Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket is not coming this Christmas either, since it'd be a perfect fit, given that it takes place during Christmas.
I still think they should by all rights prioritise that ton of Gundam they promised for this year which we didn't get for next.

But I know full well that almost certainly isn't happening and we'll be here this time next year having probably received nothing further...

anybody want to predict what licences will be announced in the showcase?

I'm assuming there will be 11 + the mystery bundle like last year.

my guesses are...

1. The Deer King
2. Goodbye, Don Glees
3. Gunbuster
4. Kakegurui×× (Season 2)
5. Nadia: Secret of Blue Water
6. El Hazard: The Wanderers
7. Love Live Superstar Season 1
8. Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Part 1
9. Mononoke
10. His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano)
11. Something Gundam/Macross related

My Predictions 😄😄
Gunbuster
Nadia The Secret of Blue Water
El Hazard The Wanderes
Love Live Superstar Season 1
Tiger and Bunny TV Series
Magi
My-Otome + OVAs
Love Live School Idol Project Season 1 and 2
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1 Part 2
Welcome to Demon School Iruma Kun
Yuki Yuna is a Hero
Burn the Witch
Stellvia
Rose of Versailles
The Girl who Leapt through Space
Dear Brother

My guesses for the 11 slots are down to a mixture of these.

Known licenses for home video:
Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 1
The Deer King
Digimon Kizuna
Fortune Favors Miss Nikuko
Inu-Oh
Kakegurui xx

Re-releases:
Love Live! Sunshine collection
PERSONA5 collection
Sword Art Online: Alicization Season 1 collection
Wolf's Rain LE version

Potential new additions:
Berserk Golden Age Trilogy (KAZE rescue)
Burn the Witch (Viz x Crunchyroll)
El-Hazard: The Wanderers (Nozomi)
Lupin the IIIrd Koike Trilogy (Discotek x TMS)
Magi: The Kingdom & Labyrinth of Magic (KAZE rescue)
Robot Carnival 4K UHD (Discotek)
Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie (Discotek x KAZE rescue)
Tiger & Bunny Season 1 (KAZE rescue)

Mix of known & potential new:
Cardcaptor Sakura Movies Collection

Has it been announced who is releasing the Sword Art Online Progression movie in this country as that could potentially be a new announcement from AL (considering they have released everything else from that franchise other than the first series which was manga)

Has it been announced who is releasing the Sword Art Online Progression movie in this country as that could potentially be a new announcement from AL (considering they have released everything else from that franchise other than the first series which was manga)
Crunchyroll had it in cinemas last year, and it's streaming at the end of the month.

My Predictions 😄😄
Gunbuster
Nadia The Secret of Blue Water
El Hazard The Wanderes
Love Live Superstar Season 1
Tiger and Bunny TV Series
Magi
My-Otome + OVAs
Love Live School Idol Project Season 1 and 2
Welcome to Demon School Iruma Kun
Yuki Yuna is a Hero
Burn the Witch
Stellvia
Rose of Versailles
The Girl who Leapt through Space
Dear Brother
Aaaa, I would die of happiness if we would get Rose of Versailles and Dear Brother 😭 In addition to those I would love to see A Place Further than the Universe and Laid-Back Camp (Yuru Camp) there too. Last year all I got from their Christmas Showcase was the Kakegurui Season 1 so I hope that this year there is more for me than just one title.

Last edited:
My guesses for the 11 slots are down to a mixture of these.

Potential new additions:
Lupin the IIIrd Koike Trilogy (Discotek x TMS)

Mix of known & potential new:
Cardcaptor Sakura Movies Collection

ANIMUDAMUS HAS SPOKEN, LET IT BE THUS.

It's about goddamn time for Koike to finish his Lupin run, too, when's that happening.

I'm getting Inu-Oh, Deer King, Juju Kaisen pt 2 ASAP and... oh what the hell, Digimon too, since I'm a sucker for legacy sequels so I can whine about not having watched them yet in Christmas 2024

I don't think I've watched even 10 anime series during 2022, but here we are, getting ready for some more - I don't even have the space for it anymore. sigh the worst thing is, I'm hyped about it too, lol so silly

Can't wait to partake in the christmas hype with you all

source.gif

ANIMUDAMUS HAS SPOKEN, LET IT BE THUS.

I'm getting Inu-Oh, Deer King, Juju Kaisen pt 2 ASAP and... oh what the hell, Digimon too, since I'm a sucker for legacy sequels so I can whine about not having watched them yet in Christmas 2024

I don't think I've watched even 10 anime series during 2022, but here we are, getting ready for some more - I don't even have the space for it anymore. sigh the worst thing is, I'm hyped about it too, lol so silly

Can't wait to partake in the christmas hype with you all

Yeah, I often feel like I'm into this hobby more for collecting anime on Blu-rays and putting them on a shelf than actually watching them after I own them - or so it seems that way, lol. My shelf units are now completely full and I have nowhere to go with any new titles, but I'm still looking forward to what may be out there for me to get during this Holiday Sale and next year. I must be friggin' crazy! 🤪

From Normanic's list, I would really only be interested in Kakegurui xx and El Hazard: The Wanderers CE sets, since I already have the AL CE sets for their previous releases. I already own the US releases for all of these:

Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 1
The Deer King
Kakegurui xx
Sword Art Online: Alicization Season 1
Wolf's Rain LE
Berserk Golden Age Trilogy
Burn the Witch
El-Hazard: The Wanderers
Magi: The Kingdom & Labyrinth of Magic (I have both the Aniplex of America and KAZE releases)

But, I could possibly be interested in getting Ascendance, Deer King, Berserk, or Burn the Witch if any of those were to get a nice CE release with digipaks.

Last edited:
Back