UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@Hanners Have you any word at all on your license for We Rent Tsukumogami you announced getting around two years ago? Is there any hope at all for us to see a Blu-ray release for this? I was extremely excited when it was announced, but now I'm getting a bit anxious for any news at all. I've posted here asking about it a few times but have only heard crickets... 🦗🦗🦗

Last edited:
@Hanners Have you any word at all on your license for We Rent Tsukumogami you announced getting around two years ago? Is there any hope at all for us to see a Blu-ray release for this? I was extremely excited when it was announced, but now I'm getting a bit anxious for any news at all. I've posted here asking about it a few times but have only heard crickets... 🦗🦗🦗

Yep, sorry for the radio silence on that but it is coming! We're currently seeing what materials we have access to, and we'll hopefully be getting to it soon. It certainly hasn't been forgotten! :)

Yep, sorry for the radio silence on that but it is coming! We're currently seeing what materials we have access to, and we'll hopefully be getting to it soon. It certainly hasn't been forgotten! :)

Awesome news! (Additional Excitement Ensues)

I even imported a double-sided Japanese B2 poster for the series earlier this year:

tsukumogami2b2.jpg

Last edited:
Gundam Info have announced the only place to stream Witch From Mercury for most of the world will be Crunchyroll, not a combined release on YouTube as with most recent Gundam shows.

It's starting to feel inevitable that Crunchyroll will own this franchise or at the very least its newer content.

Pretty sure they have season 2. They made the simulcast a vod for purchase on Vimeo.
From what I can remember:

Superstar S1 was simulcast a few weeks later than US/Japan and were usually released without Subtitles. Anime limited didnt reply

Superstar S2 was released a few weeks later than US/Japan on Vimeo. No idea of quality

Nijigasaki S1 - Cant remember if there were any issues with this one tbh

Nijigasaki S2 - No UK Simulcast unless I'm mistaken. Asked on twitter if its being simulcast without reply

In other news, Inu-Oh is great. I wasn't entirely convinced during some of the runtime but it really sticks the landing. I'll certainly be picking up the physical release whenever that happens. Hopefully AL are able to get some nice extras for it, it would be particularly good to get extras focused on the music and on the history of the Tales of the Heike / biwa priests. Also Reiko Yokosuka’s short anime GAKI Biwa hōshi (GAKI琵琶法師) would be nice to see as an extra

I'm assuming it's not a coincidence that Yuasa directed Inu-Oh around the same time that Naoko Yamada made The Heike Story, also for Science SARU? Any good?

Hopefully AL licence Kemonozume soon. I think it's the only Yuasa that's unlicensed? Not counting those that just don't have physical releases like Eizouken and Japan Sinks

The Heike Story, also for Science SARU? Any good?
The Heike Story is fantastic in my humble opinion as a Yamada fan. I went in apprehensive about my complete lack of knowledge regarding the history, which has been said is useful to know, but I think it is masterfully constructed and despite my ignorance had no difficulties watching it and getting hooked. As always, Yamada tells it with the most unprejudiced of lenses where you can often see the humanity and villainy in all the characters equally. Highly recommended.

On that matter, you reminded me that I really need to watch Inu-oh. Booked my ticket for picturehouse central where Yuasa is doing a Q&A, how exciting! Lots of tickets still left surprisingly enough.

Is there any update on Jujutsu Kaisen?
I can't recall if the second part is going to house both sets.

Yeah, as of the hm "leak" there is a storage box. Maybe the final thing won't have it, who knows why they deleted it.

Praying the book isn't VO interviews - was super disappointed with the one in part I.

Post in thread 'Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork' Upcoming UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Artwork

Back