UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I am truly shocked. What could possibly have happened between Friday and today that meant it could not achieve its release date yesterday?
The reason given in the email is as follows.

Anime Limited said:
Unfortunately, we've been informed of delays to the production of print elements of this title. As such, the release date has been moved to the date noted above. We're still expecting stock to arrive prior to this date, and your order will ship as soon as completed stock arrives at our fulfilment centre.

Shinn_CE_71.png

I wish they could just deliver a frank explanation of where supply lines stand. A blog post, something sent to email subscribers, whatever. Just something that says "We respect you and the money you put into our company, so to manage expectations here's a thorough explanation of why delays are happening and what we're doing about it."

This whole thing where pre-orders are an absolute lottery is exhausting to go through over and over.

Looking at the conversation history, it is quite silly that they couldn't anticipate a delay as late as last Thursday.
There is something REALLY wrong if you don't know if you're going to hit the release date by the release date. It's one thing if you know like a week or two before but on or past the release date and only then you let on.

Something doesn't add up. Are we to believe that AL are at the mercy of evety other company from Japanese originators to the disc manufacturers?

There is something REALLY wrong if you don't know if you're going to hit the release date by the release date. It's one thing if you know like a week or two before but on or past the release date and only then you let on.

Something doesn't add up. Are we to believe that AL are at the mercy of evety other company from Japanese originators to the disc manufacturers?
Yeah, that is crazy. The only explanation I can think off is that they don't keep tabs on the manufactuing side and just "hope it turns up in time"

If you all complain enough maybe AL will finally just give up and decide to close-up shop - or sell their business to Sony... 🤨
I think most of us have a right to complain because we financially support the products. I've said over and over I have gratitude to multiple individuals in the company who have gone out of their way to help me but the state of their releases is ridiculous. All of us know at the end of the day it's just cartoons but this is our passion and purchases. It should not be this much drama essentially every time and people aren't wrong to call that out.

Yeah, that is crazy. The only explanation I can think off is that they don't keep tabs on the manufactuing side and just "hope it turns up in time"
  • Brexit
  • paper & cardboard shortages
  • labour shortages, partly due to covid

Some weeks ago I was informed that a major pressing plant in Europe claimed they "lost" a palette full of anime Blu-rays - whilest in fact they were just weeks behind schedule.
And it's not just Anime Limited:
  • Crunchyroll USA (Funimation) had recently more "public" delays than ever since I remember
  • Crunchyroll UK (Manga Entertainment) managed to get their releases out on time earlier this year, but are now again in their "usual" delays
  • MVM had several delays
  • did I even mention Media Blasters?
Even Discotek, who usually delivered their stuff 3-6 weeks ahead to schedule to rightstuf failed for some titles.

Most German companies are also affected by delays - and the same applies for most English language manga and novel publishers.

On Nov 16, 2015, Dybex (Belgium / France) announced Yu Yu Hakusho on Blu-ray. Later they claimed it the "25th anniversary Edition"... it's 3 weeks until the 30th anniversary and it's still not out yet :D

• Brexit
  • paper & cardboard shortages
  • labour shortages, partly due to covid

Some weeks ago I was informed that a major pressing plant in Europe claimed they "lost" a palette full of anime Blu-rays - whilest in fact they were just weeks behind schedule.
And it's not just Anime Limited:
  • Crunchyroll USA (Funimation) had recently more "public" delays than ever since I remember
  • Crunchyroll UK (Manga Entertainment) managed to get their releases out on time earlier this year, but are now again in their "usual" delays
  • MVM had several delays
  • did I even mention Media Blasters?
Even Discotek, who usually delivered their stuff 3-6 weeks ahead to schedule to rightstuf failed for some titles.

Most German companies are also affected by delays - and the same applies for most English language manga and novel publishers.

On Nov 16, 2015, Dybex (Belgium / France) announced Yu Yu Hakusho on Blu-ray. Later they claimed it the "25th anniversary Edition"... it's 3 weeks until the 30th anniversary and it's still not out yet :D
Brexit has come for the Gundam. It truly is my white whale.

ah, i didn't even think to factor covid and andrew did say that's why they weren't at comic-con in may and why they won't be in October, plus they did acknowledge brexit as a factor in cloud matsuri.

you know what, i've said before would like to talk to a representative here regarding certain thing's but now i really would be grateful for anyone from AL like @anime_andrew to just talk about anything fun. if nothing else because i'm curious if there just worried about a hostile response and one of the reason's i signed up was because of the communication with the industry and i'd hate to lose good communication and because i think we're all just fan's of anime at the end of the day.

maybe i'm overstepping myself but i just want to have fun and stop hostility, we'll still get out item's.

ah, i didn't even think to factor covid and Andrew did say that's why they weren't at Comic-Con in may and why they won't be in October, plus they did acknowledge Brexit as a factor in cloud matsuri.

you know what, I've said before would like to talk to a representative here regarding certain thing's but now i really would be grateful for anyone from AL like @anime_andrew to just talk about anything fun. if nothing else because i'm curious if there just worried about a hostile response and one of the reason's i signed up was because of the communication with the industry and i'd hate to lose good communication and because i think we're all just fans of anime at the end of the day.

maybe I'm overstepping myself but i just want to have fun and stop hostility, we'll still get out items.

If AL want to stop the majority of hostile comments, then they need to step up their communications. The Gundam Seed Destiny delay email should have been sent out to people last week, not today.

As for the delays themselves, if a product is delayed then its delayed, I will wait, as will many others, but AL need to inform us SOONER.

That's why I was trying to open communication and we won't get anywhere starting of in anger, by talking about fun stuff we can get more communication and comfortable with each other and maybe we can learn why the information was sent so late. We have to assume people are communicating in good faith to have communication at all.

Also the Spanish Neon Genesis Evangelion ultimate edition has been delayed a couple of times. The most recent one we got an email to say they were getting sent out between 31/8 and 8/9 then on the 3/9 (slap bang in the middle) we get an email to say sorry actually one of the parts hasn't been made well and needs to be reprinted so will be another 3 weeks. Sure it's annoying (especially when you've been fretting over it turning up) but these things happen.

Back