- Brexit
- paper & cardboard shortages
- labour shortages, partly due to covid
Some weeks ago I was informed that a major pressing plant in Europe claimed they "lost" a palette full of anime Blu-rays - whilest in fact they were just weeks behind schedule.
And it's not just Anime Limited:
- Crunchyroll USA (Funimation) had recently more "public" delays than ever since I remember
- Crunchyroll UK (Manga Entertainment) managed to get their releases out on time earlier this year, but are now again in their "usual" delays
- MVM had several delays
- did I even mention Media Blasters?
Even Discotek, who usually delivered their stuff 3-6 weeks ahead to schedule to rightstuf failed for some titles.
Most German companies are also affected by delays - and the same applies for most English language manga and novel publishers.
On Nov 16, 2015, Dybex (Belgium / France) announced Yu Yu Hakusho on Blu-ray. Later they claimed it the "25th anniversary Edition"... it's 3 weeks until the 30th anniversary and it's still not out yet