Mystery Film Seems like this is Garden of Remembrance by Naoko Yamada

Mystery Film 2 Seems this is Her Blue Sky by Tatsuyuki Nagai

Last edited:

These are my two guesses.

UPDATE:

Mystery Film Seems like this is Garden of Remembrance by Naoko Yamada

Mystery Film 2 Seems this is Her Blue Sky by Tatsuyuki Nagai
Thanks! How did you figure it out?

Ah nice - I already imported the JP Blu-ray set for Her Blue Sky back in December, and it does include English subtitles. I can confirm it is 106 minutes long, just as that second Mystery Film link states. I thought it was a pretty good movie.

herblueskyjp.jpg

Wouldn't word it quite so strongly, but I do think they'd do well to pause and ask if the way they're going is sustainable. When your business is constantly hitting delays year after year that says things aren't working.

They're probably doing OK in financial terms because I imagine a lot of people are there day one for their releases but yeah, it's time they at least started being honest about release dates lol

I'd love to take a look at the inner workings of their business - from licenses to production orders and delivery.

I'm sure that almost none of the delays are Anime Limited's fault though, and out of their control completely - the delays are almost always due either to getting materials or approvals from the Licensors, or shortages of materials and production backlogs at the disc and packaging manufacturers making the actual physical releases. Putting the blame for all of this on AL themselves would be pretty lame and shortsighted if you ask me.

Last edited:
Sure, but then they could start taking circumstances out of their control into account - might as well not announce a date until it's locked. (exhibit A: the quiet deletion of Jujutsu Kaisen part II from the Newswire - nicely done).

I know, stuff like that happens all the time with everyone but in AL's case it's so recurrent it's become a meme lol

I feel that for every joke I make about AL I gotta say: they are by far my favorite publisher out there. Most of their stuff is super high quality and so so pleasant to the eye. And the nose

I'm sure that almost none of the delays are Anime Limited's fault though, and out of their control completely - the delays are almost always due either to getting materials or approvals from the Licensors, or shortages of materials and production backlogs at the disc and packaging manufacturers making the actual physical releases. Putting the blame for all of this on AL themselves is pretty lame and nearsighted if you ask me.
The delays themselves aren’t a problem for the majority of us, but Gundam was announced for Monday and there is no excuse for AL not telling us it’s delayed given it is now the Saturday beforehand and the Monday is a bank holiday. It’s disrespectful of them to treat their customers like this.

Last edited:
I'm sure that almost none of the delays are Anime Limited's fault though, and out of their control completely - the delays are almost always due either to getting materials or approvals from the Licensors, or shortages of materials and production backlogs at the disc and packaging manufacturers making the actual physical releases. Putting the blame for all of this on AL themselves is pretty lame and nearsighted if you ask me.
Most people aren't blaming AL for the actual reasons for the delay, but for the awful communication of said delays. They announced the delay to Memories on the day it was supposed to come out. There is zero excuse for that. When stuff is happening on time, they usually get stock in a week or two before release, there is no chance they weren't aware that Memories was going to have to be delayed.

They really need to step up when it comes to keeping people up to date on things like this, because currently, it feels like they only begrudgingly do the bare minimum to stop people being even more annoyed at them.

I'd genuinely argue they wouldn't have to apologise for/communicate delays if a continuous problem didn't keep occurring. I know full well production and licensing delays happen (I myself have had articles Japanese companies need to sign off on delayed for months) but the AL delays have been happening for years, even before things like Brexit or COVID were factors.

They're good people and I think the founding vision of the company is a strong one. But in practice it hasn't been working for literal years. And I struggle to believe that all rests on the shoulders of Japan.

Most of their stuff is super high quality and so so pleasant to the eye. And the nose.

Lol, wait - do they secretly use scratch and sniff chipboard boxes, and no one has told me that yet? 😆

I wouldn't know because I never take the shrink wrap off my box sets, I just slit the wrap on the side to get everything out, so to keep the boxes protected from shelf wear.

Last edited:
SEED Destiny was delayed to make it smell like Meer.

...It was £100, let me have this!!
Has Destiny officially been delayed yet?

I mean earlier today at 4pm they were bigging up an article about the series and their release!
If you had shadow delayed it and not told people who were expecting a shipping notification right about now that is slightly less than wise...

I still have faith! I'm being positive for once! 🙏

Back