UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Cardcaptors release date now the 18th July, according to AOL. But with the above tweet saying they are still on track for the 4th, I'm guessing this new date is for people who didn't order with AL directly. 🤞

Seeing that Anime Expo over in the US is going in big with Gundam promotion yet again and just curious what would need to happen for similar to occur here?

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not blaming AL for this but they are the most active promotional partner for this stuff in the UK (including, I believe, being responsible for 'The Gundam Wing' at TFNation a few years back.) Entirely understand that if Bandai or whoever doesn't deem the UK a priority (and from what I've heard from folks close to the industry in Japan post-a certain political choice they don't) it won't happen.

Just got email to say Cardcaptor Sakura has been delayed to 25th July because of a transit delay.
Beat me to it. The full excuse:
You're receiving this email as you've placed an order for the Cardcaptor Sakura Collector's Edition from our AllTheAnime.com store.
We're contacting you to make you aware that the release date of this item has moved to 25th July 2022.
Let's start with the exciting news - the manufacture of this product is now complete, with all physical components printed and discs fully checked, authored and replicated.
However, the bad news is that we've been struck by an unexpected transit delay of this stock into the UK which is outside of our control, and as a result we've needed to shift the release date to accommodate the new expected delivery date of stock to our warehouse.

Back