UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'd love to see the proper HD remaster of Cyber City Oedo 808 get a UK release. Also, the Discotek Blu-ray of Memories deserves a UK release, that's been OOP for far too long now.

Seconded, I hear the dub they did for Memories is amazing as well, and I honestly really like all three segments from that film I know the first one is prob the most popular but I really got a lot out of all three, would also be awesome to get Robot Carnival as well and Neo Tokyo too though I don't know of that having been released on Blu-ray in the US yet? While we're wishlisting like hecc for this sort of thing, would love to own the original Vampire Hunter D on BD with both English dubs (and Japanese with English subtitles obvs) and I'd be interested in Darkside Blues on BD as well. Is there any interest in the Please Save My Earth or Video Girl Ai OVAs, or Ah/Oh My Goddess (tbh I'd buy everything from that - old OVAs, both seasons of the TV series and the newer specials/OVAs released after, wasn't as keen on the movie but I wouldn't complain if it were part of a complete set) :) I understand some of this might not be viable so no expectations just figure it doesn't hurt to ask :)

@anime_andrew I have a pretty left field request, I would love to see Little Witch Acadamia get a blu-ray release :)

Though I don't know the demand or anything for that.
I'd love that too, but I thought netflix was the reason a blu-ray release was unlikely, at least that's what I'd read before.

AFAIK it doesn't even have a US release either, and it was a pretty popular show...

I'd love that too, but I thought netflix was the reason a blu-ray release was unlikely, at least that's what I'd read before.

AFAIK it doesn't even have a US release either, and it was a pretty popular show...

Nope, just the 9 JP Releases, which do have English subtitles, thankfully. But at about ¥6000 each plus crazy high international shipping costs now, the series would cost about ¥70000 or so.

lwa1-9jp.jpg

Surprise Early Bird that wasn't on the May Newswire. I don't even know if I've heard of this before.

Surprise Early Bird that wasn't on the May Newswire. I don't even know if I've heard of this before.
Someone turned the microsoft visual basic tutorial into an anime???

I jest of course but I haven't heard of this either.

Someone turned the microsoft visual basic tutorial into an anime???

I jest of course but I haven't heard of this either.

I'm pretty sure they showed it at Scotland Loves Anime or that Japan Touring Film Foundation thing? Or it was shown online during the pandemic by one of those two when they couldn't do cinema screenings? I've heard good things overall :)

It's a good film. Looks stunning and has a great reality bending story. I saw it when it was on that online festival and have the Spanish release. Will also be picking up this one.

Back