UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

At_This_Rate_Everything_Will-BE_DELAYED_Clean_4K_Edition_1.png

Hey at least they're announcing it's delayed and that 'classic' CDPR style of tweet 😎 love it.

Step in the right direction for communication 👍

I just checked my bank account and all the anime have charged me £17.99 for (animeunlimited)
which is fine but I would of liked of been notified beforehand.
If my membership was up for renewal maybe send a notification. There may be some members that do not wish to renew.
I agree. I had the same "problem". I didn't realize that it was a subscription so I had no clue it would renew itself automatically.

I don't know if it was a random old advert or if someone pressed a button a little too soon but I saw an advert for ScreenAnime starting up again for a limited time until the end of October... May have been imagining things don't quote me 😂

No plans for it just now so not sure what happened there! Scotland Loves Anime may borrow the name again in October when we do a digital festival but yeah nothing to go round there.

Andrew

@anime_andrew as a fan of Detective Conan myself, have you ever thought about bringing any of the US releases over here?

Such a strong show for all ages having no presence here in UK, has always mystified me.

Previous attempts (like the manga) for Detective Conan stumbled there somewhat in the UK. Personally I'm a big fan of the show though so it's definitely not impossible, no plans at this moment though....

Andrew

This!! I would love Rose of Versailles and especially Dear Brother getting UK releases! Please @anime_andrew we need more classic shoujo anime! 🙏

Not an impossibility but the issue with classic titles is the BBFC costs often outweigh the interest in the title for homevideo, it doesn't make it impossible but it does mean it's a sort of right-time-right-place situation. We have Rose of Versailles in France so definitely fans of the title and keep coming back to look at viability so never say never again...

Andrew

While we're hounding poor Andrew with questions about shows we'd like to see, I'd love to see Sound of the Sky (ソ・ラ・ノ・ヲ・ト) given a new lease of life with a Blu-ray release (I think Nozomi released one in the US some time ago?). I think Beez's DVD release might be the last release of theirs that I bought, and that show really is a hidden gem, in my opinion. Now that I finally have some free time, I might give it a rewatch and pitch a retrospective piece somewhere.

Honestly, I'm still chuffed that they released Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon. I felt that the show really went under the radar at the time due to premiering in the same season as the similar Chivalry of a Failed Knight and The Asterisk War, but I had a good time with it. I'd pretty much ruled out a release in my mind, so it was a nice surprise to see that announced.

It's only anime-adjacent since it's Chinese but has there ever been consideration of trying a release for something like Mo Dao Zu Shi? It's not too long and I would pay a small fortune for a disc release with the effectively-unobtainable-in-the-west soundtrack. Obviously not the easiest one since it means dealing with completely different companies but the viewing experience is so irritating on YT/WeTV that I thought it was worth an ask! I had high hopes when Funimation started showing a few titles but that never seemed to get much support, and with Seven Seas promoting the novels so heavily it would be great to see a reliable company swoop in and complete the package.

Also throwing my hat into the Darker Than Black push; it has always been pretty popular on the forum here and seems to successfully appeal to both old fans and younger folk.

R

It's only anime-adjacent since it's Chinese but has there ever been consideration of trying a release for something like Mo Dao Zu Shi? It's not too long and I would pay a small fortune for a disc release with the effectively-unobtainable-in-the-west soundtrack. Obviously not the easiest one since it means dealing with completely different companies but the viewing experience is so irritating on YT/WeTV that I thought it was worth an ask! I had high hopes when Funimation started showing a few titles but that never seemed to get much support, and with Seven Seas promoting the novels so heavily it would be great to see a reliable company swoop in and complete the package.

Also throwing my hat into the Darker Than Black push; it has always been pretty popular on the forum here and seems to successfully appeal to both old fans and younger folk.

R
I would sell an organ for a western physical release.

Yes, an affordable standard edition of the newly discovered HD version would be good. I wouldn't want to pay out for a second CE for the same title.

I wouldn't complain if they did a steelbook of the HD remaster of Cyber City Oedo 808 as tbf Discotek is doing one but considering the circumstances, I would hope they would do an affordable standard edition at the same time or at least announce both versions at the same time with the standard to come soon after, so that people know they have a choice and what the pricing will be (also better for those who want a steelbook if they do one, as it means they won't have to compete with people who just want a disc to Frankenstein into the CE version). That said I'd happily buy a standard edition of it for the better transfer anyway, as I absolutely love Cyber City Oedo and it would be much cheaper than importing (I'd also likely buy a steelbook assuming the EB was £20 or so, I'm basing that pricing guess on the cost of the 5cm per Second one at EB considering that that had the OST CD in it as well and this prob won't, though thinking about it it might as I guess they could include it for those who missed the CE or perhaps a version without the snippets of dialogue?) :)

Err... anyway in conclusion please release Cyber City Oedo 808 HD remaster on Blu-ray here Anime Limited 😅

Looking through the Belle track list and it looks to me that U (JP version) is missing and a few of Belle’s songs in English are also missing?
That's right, the JP soundtrack is also missing U on the AL Deluxe Edition as well, licensing I imagine is the reason. and yea, other tracks that have Kylie McNeill vocals are missing (arguably the main ones are included but to my knowledge everything Kaho Nakamura sung has a English equivalent), which is a shame, including the version of the song sung over the end credits.

Last edited:
Back