UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm at least seriously considering buying it at this EB price, even though I haven't seen the film yet - I would consider this a reasonable price for a nice edition like this of a favourite anime film of mine, but I am kinda hoping the booklet will end up with more pages. Wondering if they will do bundles with additional very limited products as well (I emphasise I have no idea at all whether they will or won't am just thinking out loud as AL have done this with some of their other releases of anime films) :)
i wonder how much of the 192 page booklet is included in the 60 page book, wish more of these japanese books got full translations rather than us getting a trimmed down version

Looks like from the email I just got 15% off codes are gonna be a regular thing during sales for Anime (UN)-limited subscribers (although may depends what is classed as a sale as it may just be Easter and Christmas (maybe summer sale))

"Exclusive 15% off code during sale periods" when subbed to Anime Un-limited

just put the 3rd disc of violet evergarden in with the 2 movies on, anyone else get the audio skipping on the menu until the candlewax stamping appears? thought it was my player at first but it does it without fail on every loop

Thanks for the info! If the series is on crunchyroll, then they have the rights to home video as well-is that a good rule of thumb?
Ideally I would say no since they do stream dozens of new shows each season, but the best way to tell is whether it was dubbed during streaming (like 86, Konosuba, Nagatoro, ODD TAXI, and Rent-A-Girlfriend) or has been released by Funimation in the past few years as their logo will show up on the packaging (like Akashic Record, Bungo Stray Dogs, and Restaurant to Another World).

Starting this season, any title that's getting dubbed on Crunchyroll is expected to have home video rights and would be released by them directly (with a few exceptions such as those licensed by Aniplex of America like Kaguya-sama: Love is War).

Anime Limited can try and grab UK rights but they will have to do so very early on before Crunchyroll nabs 'Worldwide outside Asia' or 'English-speaking regional' rights.

So, um, I have no idea if this has been mentioned here before, but I had noticed that AL's Summer Days With Coo CE which I got in an xmas mystery box, the amaray case isn't the standard kind, it's the same dimensions but it doesn't have the wide blue "band" with the blu-ray logo above the art insert, I'm not describing it well, but it's basically like a dvd case in amaray size, allowing for a larger art insert.

I thought it was kinda neat but had forgotten about it, until I had a closer look at the stuff I ordered in their easter sale, and noticed both the Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System and the Love Live! Sunshine!! Over the Rainbow CE's have the same.

I just looked all 3 of those releases up on alltheanime.com, and the images just show the standard amaray cases for each of them.

I've always been a little disappointed when AL goes with an amaray over a digipak release, but these do look nicer within the slipcases than the regular cases, it really would help me look at amaray CEs as more than just the standard editions with an outer box, so I don't really understand why they wouldn't draw any attention towards them, especially for a company with such a focus on marketing as AL has...

So, just wondering, what other releases of theirs has the same cases that I missed?

Fingers crossed that the Cardcaptor Sakura sets use them...

So, just wondering, what other releases of theirs has the same cases that I missed?

The Persona 5 Collector's editions and the Lupin III: The First CE use them. I kinda like them too.

As a side note I just remembered that when asked about them on the Discord the rep said...

There's a shortage of Amaray cases, so it's really case of getting whatever is available these days.

Last edited:
So, um, I have no idea if this has been mentioned here before, but I had noticed that AL's Summer Days With Coo CE which I got in an xmas mystery box, the amaray case isn't the standard kind, it's the same dimensions but it doesn't have the wide blue "band" with the blu-ray logo above the art insert, I'm not describing it well, but it's basically like a dvd case in amaray size, allowing for a larger art insert.

I thought it was kinda neat but had forgotten about it, until I had a closer look at the stuff I ordered in their easter sale, and noticed both the Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System and the Love Live! Sunshine!! Over the Rainbow CE's have the same.

I just looked all 3 of those releases up on alltheanime.com, and the images just show the standard amaray cases for each of them.

I've always been a little disappointed when AL goes with an amaray over a digipak release, but these do look nicer within the slipcases than the regular cases, it really would help me look at amaray CEs as more than just the standard editions with an outer box, so I don't really understand why they wouldn't draw any attention towards them, especially for a company with such a focus on marketing as AL has...

The case you're trying to describe are known as 'scanavo' (or what I like to call the 'Criterion' case because that's what Criterion have used for their releases). I do like these type of cases but they don't really work for multiple disc releases.

To my knowledge the only Anime Limited releases that have used these cases were Love Live! Sunshine the Movie, Lupin III: The First, PERSONA5 Parts 1 & 2, PSYCHO-PASS: SS, and Summer Days with Coo.

The case you're trying to describe are known as 'scanavo' (or what I like to call the 'Criterion' case because that's what Criterion have used for their releases). I do like these type of cases but they don't really work for multiple disc releases.

To my knowledge the only Anime Limited releases that have used these cases were Love Live! Sunshine the Movie, Lupin III: The First, PERSONA5 Parts 1 & 2, PSYCHO-PASS: SS, and Summer Days with Coo.
Just curious, are they the same as DVD cases or are the dimensions different?

You've also got the blue variant of scanavo, which they've used for some releases with multiple discs like Penguindrum, Utena (only 2 of them, since every time there's more than 3 discs, I don't think scanavos work) and Gundam 00 special edition.

Even the blue version is so much better than standard amaray urgh.

Sakura being a 10 disc release excludes scanavo being possible, which is a shame.

Back