UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yeah seems like it, the funimation disks are 3 disks too, for the price of £20 for the lot hopefully it’s worth it
Is the mixing issue noticeable?
Very noticeable. The left channel of the Japanese track was I think about 6db lower than the right, so it sounds as if most of the sound comes from the right. I was able to adjust the volume of the left channel on my receiver, but not everybody has that kind of luxury.

Mixing issue aside, it's a pretty good release.

They're a bit different to the usual boxes this time, apparently, with one dedicated to "classic" anime and the other on top must-have directors. Also, they seem to be aimed at new entrants to anime collecting (I could be reading too much into their words here).
Just guessing:
Classic: Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Escaflowne, Vampire Hunter D, Nadesico
Directors: 5cm per Second, Jin-Roh, Space Dandy, Millennium Actress, a Yuasa- and / or a Hosoda-Movie

Anyway, would be interesting to know what's really inside.

Purchased this sale:

Inside Mari Volume 8
Shino cant say her name
Heavenly Delusion Volume 1

Some might spot the serious lack of Anime Limited Blurays this Anime Limited Easter Sale 😅

Not until someone who bought one gets them delivered. That was a problem with the mystery boxes at Christmas, after AL sent some out right at the start of the sale so people knew what was in them while they were still available to buy. Not much of a mystery in the end. At least with the sale only lasting a couple of days people will have to take a chance that it'll be worthwhile (I may crack if they're still available by, say, Thursday).
Mine were despatched first thing today, so similar to xmas, and I can probably expect them tomorrow or Thursday…
I’ll probably find that I have every single title though.

It's a nice set but it's a lot of money for a blind buy for me, especially with Hosoda's films being so hit and miss (from what I've been told it's more likely to be a miss for me as the only films of his I would say are actually good are TGWLTT and Wolf Children). Will see what the EB price is and decide then.

Last edited:
Is this the massive home video release they were talking about in their April 2022 Pre-Orders blogpost? If it is, then my bank account stays safe during April too. I hope May has something for me.

I'm the opposite, my bank account isn't safe.

1649768921819.png

Also, my orders for Anemone, both parts of Rayearth and the two Shinkai movies have already been dispatched, yay!

OK I was all in on Belle 4K until I saw the price. £70??!!
I know it's a set but I just want the film frankly. Does AL usually do standalone 4K blu rays or am I SOL and it's this set or nothing?

Last edited:
OK I was all in on Belle 4K until I saw the price. £70??!!
I know it's a set but I just want the film frankly. Does AL usually do standalone 4K blu rays or am I SOL and it's this set or nothing?

Keep in mind there will be an early bird deal on it, they just haven't confirmed the price yet. They did do standalone 4Ks for Your Name and Weathering With You, if I'm not mistaken? Since Belle's such a big title there's a decent chance of them doing a standalone UHD I would say.

I really hope the Belle CE doesn't do flying of the shelves long enough for me to buy a couple weeks later. Also looks like it's time to sign up for the Anime(un)limited service 😅

Keep in mind there will be an early bird deal on it, they just haven't confirmed the price yet. They did do standalone 4Ks for Your Name and Weathering With You, if I'm not mistaken? Since Belle's such a big title there's a decent chance of them doing a standalone UHD I would say.
Quotes I’m seeing on AL’s Twitter make it sound like there’s no early bird? And the blog post doesn’t mention early bird?

Quotes I’m seeing on AL’s Twitter make it sound like there’s no early bird? And the blog post doesn’t mention early bird?
So, it's going to be on Zavvi and Alltheanime.com (exclusive I believe to those 2), so it will be the same on both I'd imagine with potentially no early bird. In terms of pricing, I assume that's being finalised (wouldn't be surprised if that's the RRP, but I don't know).

Reluctantly interested, I like the movie a lot, I hope Milan Records sorts out the English OST soon enough (hopefully with a CD release too), but am glad it's brought over some of the JP 4K characteristics (along with that Dolby Vision presentation and Atmos track for the Japanese language option).

So, it's going to be on Zavvi and Alltheanime.com (exclusive I believe to those 2), so it will be the same on both I'd imagine with potentially no early bird. In terms of pricing, I assume that's being finalised (wouldn't be surprised if that's the RRP, but I don't know).

Reluctantly interested, I like the movie a lot, I hope Milan Records sorts out the English OST soon enough (hopefully with a CD release too), but am glad it's brought over some of the JP 4K characteristics (along with that Dolby Vision presentation and Atmos track for the Japanese language option).
The store page does not mention it being exclusive
NOTE: This is a Limited Edition product not exclusive to any one retailer. Once it appears as out-of-stock we do not expect there to be more stock available.

Looks like my wallet might get out the sale without opening.
Fancied Castlevania bogof but did more research. It's in English so not for me.
I even watched Batman Ninja in Japanese.
Although I can listen to Atsuko Tanaka all day.

If I crack it'll be PP Garden of Sinners.
I would rather pay less than £24.99 though.

Ah only just noticed the 4K Belle store page also says price tbc underneath the £69.99
So hopefully there is an early bird.
If it’s in the £40 range I’d bite 🤞

Back