UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

This reminds me of the thing with "some" copies of Violet Evergarden not having two stamp books. I don't think I've seen anyone say they got two. Seems they don't want to draw attention to an issue that many people won't notice, which I kind of get, but... eh, bit slippery of them.

Don't really care about this particular extra myself, but if I ever want to sell my Zavvi CE then I might be asked about it.

I got a response from AL regarding the evangelion disc just asking for order details and proof of purchase. I sent that all off so I guess that's that then.
Cool. So do you have to send back your old disc to them before you get a new one? I mean shipping from Sweden would be decently high even if it's just a disc 😆 And then to get customs on the new disc 😅

Or do they usually just send you a new one?

Have had awful luck with my Full metal panic IV CE 1st one arrived damaged got a replacement from AL second one the box was fine but the Blu-ray case was cracked, emailed AL like a week ago and they never responded so I need to find a spare viva elite case on my own I guess. Any of ye know where I can get a spare case?

At this point, I just expect AL not to release any Gundam and occasionally get a surprise when a title trickles out.
I've come to feel AL don't currently hold any importance in Gundam. When they first got it they made a huge deal of it but in the last few years it feels like a contractual obligation. Especially when, as I've said before, we know what it looks like when they heap love and extra attention on licences. Meanwhile Gundam gets slow releases that have been known to be truncated compared to other countries versions, and if we complain about them we're basically told to shush because that's all we're getting.

I've come to feel AL don't currently hold any importance in Gundam. When they first got it they made a huge deal of it but in the last few years it feels like a contractual obligation. Especially when, as I've said before, we know what it looks like when they heap love and extra attention on licences. Meanwhile Gundam gets slow releases that have been known to be truncated compared to other countries versions, and if we complain about them we're basically told to shush because that's all we're getting.
I feel we got a reasonably steady stream of releases between 2019 and 2021 (even though most were the low-hanging BBFC'd stuff), but it's dried up in the last few months and there are no new releases in sight. I find this a bit strange though because most of the limited boxsets do sell out fairly quickly.

I feel we got a reasonably steady stream of releases between 2019 and 2021 (even though most were the low-hanging BBFC'd stuff), but it's dried up in the last few months and there are no new releases in sight. I find this a bit strange though because most of the limited boxsets do sell out fairly quickly.
As I always say I can understand why Gundam isn't their sole priority, but we're a few years away from the 10th anniversary of them getting the license.

Like we keep getting told Gundam sells well but at the pace it gets prioritised I honestly wonder if that's just marketing speak to not offend Sunrise. Yes, I'm a big fan but I'm not out of touch with/unreceptive to reality. And every time any of us ask it gets treated by AL like a lead weight around their neck.

As I always say I can understand why Gundam isn't their sole priority, but we're a few years away from the 10th anniversary of them getting the license.

Like we keep getting told Gundam sells well but at the pace it gets prioritised I honestly wonder if that's just marketing speak to not offend Sunrise. Yes, I'm a big fan but I'm not out of touch with/unreceptive to reality. And every time any of us ask it gets treated by AL like a lead weight around their neck.
Sunrise come across as a notoriously difficult company to work with which I feel slows things down. Getting stuff rated also means they do have to pick and chose to an extent.

I don't feel like AL treat it any differently to any other title. Every title gets announced and then they say nothing until early bird reveal. People notice with Gundam more because its a whole franchise we are expecting out of them but we really aren't privy to the details of how it all works in this case.

There have always been titles that get announced and then take years to come out. Gundam will come when it comes and unfortunately waiting is all we can do.

Have had awful luck with my Full metal panic IV CE 1st one arrived damaged got a replacement from AL second one the box was fine but the Blu-ray case was cracked, emailed AL like a week ago and they never responded so I need to find a spare viva elite case on my own I guess. Any of ye know where I can get a spare case?
If its just 1x4 way case your wanting you might be able to pick up a random TV series from Cex or even just second hand/new off ebay, (Arrow seprate seasons 1-5, gotham s1) (Vampire diaries 1-3/4/5 they are at least 4 way case, but can't rememer if they were 5 way)
(5 way cases: true blood 1-3, walking dead 1-4 only and only x2 5 way cases the rest are 2 disc cases)
or dragon trading via Amazon/ebay for more bulk option (but that is assuming they will actually post to Ireland) and it's still amazon and thier amazing packaging skills. (link below has links in post if intrested)

Also a previous answer of mine to a case related question:

If its just 1x4 way case your wanting you might be able to pick up a random TV series from Cex or even just second hand/new off ebay, (Arrow seprate seasons 1-5, gotham s1) (Vampire diaries 1-3/4/5 they are at least 4 way case, but can't rememer if they were 5 way)
(5 way cases: true blood 1-3, walking dead 1-4 only and only x2 5 way cases the rest are 2 disc cases)
or dragon trading via Amazon/ebay for more bulk option (but that is assuming they will actually post to Ireland) and it's still amazon and thier amazing packaging skills. (link below has links in post if intrested)

Also a previous answer of mine to a case related question:
Yeah it’s a 4 disk case I dunno which series have them though, I’ll check some of the ones you mentioned on amazon

I think Gotham s1 is the cheapest at 5€, real shame AL don’t have spare Blu-ray cases though, the edges of the viva elite cases tend to crack a decent amount in shipping. Of all the blurays I have only those are the ones that crack :( how it cracked inside the box I’ll neverknow

Last edited:
yKyMNdZ.png

I think it's worth shooting another email before ordering a replacement case. Could easily have been lost among the many emails they no doubt receive, especially with many asking about Evangelion replacements lately.

And isn't it the case that the masters are sometimes (often? usually? genuinely unsure) shared with Right Stuf in the US anyway, which makes the delays even more difficult to comprehend? Particularly for a shorter series such as 0080: War in the Pocket. My fever dream is that they're going to do a UHD for that one since we know it has been restored in 4K, but I recognise how unlikely that is....a UHD upgrade for the original trilogy would be most welcome though.

Back