UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Very late to the party on this one but is there expected to be a standard edition release for Cyber City?
I got intrigued and looked and it seems that the CE release is now very hard to get a hold of (nothing on CEX, Amazon or eBay anyway)

Last edited:
My order of Evangelion Ultimate just shipped (I ordered from Anime Limited directly on the first early bird day, cancelled due to concerns about the quality of the release, and then bought one again from Anime Limited that I knew would be in the "ships in January" batch when there were some available again due to other cancellations, in mid December) :)

My Eva UE also shipped. I've bought the CE due to concerns with the UE and had been trying to decide if I wanted to cancel the UE or not... guess that choice was made for me lol oh well, may just sell it or the CE.

Last edited:
My Evangelion Ultimate has been shipped today, yeah. I read something about a replacement disc for the USA release (live action without subtitles). I will get copy without this problem? What do you think?

My eva UE was shipped today too by FedEx, I chose royal mail though, not sure if that's a good thing or not. Price wise it's a free upgrade I guess but FedEx tend to be crap lately, especially around here whereas I know my local postie & they know our routine etc.

My eva UE was shipped today too by FedEx, I chose royal mail though, not sure if that's a good thing or not. Price wise it's a free upgrade I guess but FedEx tend to be crap lately, especially around here whereas I know my local postie & they know our routine etc.
AL stated at time of order that all Evangelion UEs would be shipped via Fed Ex.

I asked about something similar in the past Anime Ltd, and that the answer:

In terms of shipping services, we typically use Royal Mail for items up to a 2KG weight limit, at which point we switch to using FedEx for packages.

Aren't we due the pre-order CEs that were supposed to have had stock available before Christmas, then weren't, the first week of January? I must have deleted the email but I'm sure they sounded quite insistent that stock was arriving this week.

I guess they could still be sent today, but the two I got (Silver Spoon and Boogiepop) aren't even available to order from their store.

I didn't go for the pre-orders much this time but on the site for:
Silver spoon, Release Date: 10/01/2022
and Boogliepop, THIS IS A PRE-ORDER ITEM. RELEASE DATE: 14TH FEBRUARY 2022

But possible they got delayed didn't check the date back during the sale, so you could be correct.

Aren't we due the pre-order CEs that were supposed to have had stock available before Christmas, then weren't, the first week of January? I must have deleted the email but I'm sure they sounded quite insistent that stock was arriving this week.

I guess they could still be sent today, but the two I got (Silver Spoon and Boogiepop) aren't even available to order from their store.
To quote the email regarding Silver Spoon, Code Geass and Boogiepop Phantom:

"We're incredibly sorry about the delay to these items, but we have been assured that the stock will arrive with us in the first week of 2022, and will be shipped out as soon as possible upon arrival at our fulfilment centre in early January."

To quote the email regarding Silver Spoon, Code Geass and Boogiepop Phantom:

"We're incredibly sorry about the delay to these items, but we have been assured that the stock will arrive with us in the first week of 2022, and will be shipped out as soon as possible upon arrival at our fulfilment centre in early January."
Thanks for that. Good to know I'm not going mad.

Sounds like AL are relying on stock being delivered as promised and will then send it when they can.

I do wish they'd just say "here's the release date, it may or may not ship earlier kthxbai" rather than, say, give me false hope of pre-Christmas goodies.

Back