UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just checked out the video. I've been laughing for about half an hour over the Blood C Ult. announcement. I know that show has its fans, but to me that announcement is like seeing a bad garage punk band getting the Christmas number 1. spot. I'm horrified, yet the inner anarchic part of me is ecstatic.
I was like "wtf, really?" when they announced it.

I'm kind of surprised. All the reviews I just read on Blood C was positive but coming back to see this is quite a tonal whiplash lol.

Seriously? I've only seen out of context clips and read a couple of opinions a while ago but it seems like it has it's fair share of unintentional ridiculousness...

Blood +, I'd have gotten that, however. With the Grasshopper game in an UE 🧛‍♂️ 🦇

For anyone else who dislikes watching videos for this kind of stuff, here's a list of what they announced, with basic details;

Blood-C Ultimate - series + film, 144 page a4 artbook, limited to 500 units
El-Hazard: The Magnificent World - OVAs 1+2, 52 page artbook
Kakegurui - season 1, 36 page artbook, 4 art cards
Boogiepop Phantom - 2000 series, 72 page booklet
Kaiba - 44 page booklet
Belladonna in 4k
Seraph of the End - seasons 1+2, soundtrack cd, 52 page booklet
Code Geass - film trilogy + Re;surrection in the one collection
Silver Spoon - season 1+2 collection
My-HiMe - complete series, 44 page booklet
Cardcaptor Sakura! - no details :p

Had it on mute so probably missed details, I'm currently wondering what to do with the 3 collector's editions of the Code Geass films, still missing the first film...

Quite a few of those look interesting to me, preorders will mostly depend on digipaks for me though, except for CCS which will be all down to price.

Lol, I see "Blood-C" and think about Blood+ xDDD But yeah, I remember Blood-C, and now I know why the release UE for that series. Because this was in cooperation with CLAMP group, so they have a lot of great artwork. Anyway, I will buy it probably, because I have all UE from Anime Ltd, and like art style of these series. Lat's wait for the price, but I think it will be cost something like a UE from Perfect Blue... (too bad that was without OST).

@anime_andrew - oh! if Justin is doing Penguindrum, then I'll definitely keep my order, it should be a quality release. And thanks very much for the updates on Black Lagoon and Josee, too - I was suspicious of Black Lagoon's release date, lol!

The holiday CE announcements are really awesome this year, I'll be ordering 5 or 6 of them this time around. Can you tell us if any of these will have digipaks? That's what I'm mainly here for - importing Anime Limited Collector's Editions with digipaks! :)

Last edited:
Just Kaiba and Cardcaptor Sakura for me. Was hoping for Eizouken when Yuasa was mentioned, but definetly interested in Kaiba anyway (and interested hear Eizouken mentioned in relation to Kaiba - hopefully it'll get a UK home video release next year).

Lol, I see "Blood-C" and think about Blood+ xDDD But yeah, I remember Blood-C, and now I know why the release UE for that series. Because this was in cooperation with CLAMP group, so they have a lot of great artwork.

I can only hope for a Blu-ray release of Blood+ sometime before I die, that is a huge dream of mine! But I'm also a big fan of Blood-C, even if it's not a very popular anime. It's a good October Halloween horror anime to watch, and it's also got the cutest Saya of the bunch! I'll be grabbing Blood-C as a priority, along with Kakegurui and Boogiepop Phantom. I'll also probably get El-Hazard and Belladonna of Sadness, and maybe even Seraph of the End.

I already own the two Silver Spoon CE sets, so I don't really need to double dip on the complete series, but I do like the new art on the box, so who knows?! I can really relate to Silver Spoon, as the show is basically a mirror-image of life where I live, in the Amish and dairy farm country of Lancaster County, PA. The movie Witness with Harrison Ford was filmed near where I live. I grew up with multiple uncles who owned dairy farms, and I had a blast playing in the corn crib, climbing all over and pretending to drive all the tractors and harvesters in the barn, watching the cows get milked, drinking fresh warm milk right out of the milk house tank, and running headlong into the electric fence while getting chased by the most-nastiest grey goose down at the farm pond. Also, I had to stay away from the pasture where the bull was kept, lol. I couldn't wait for the weekends when we would go visit!

Last edited:
Josee - this remains on schedule for end of January, print parts are all off to print nice & early and the disc assets are all in-process there including the Work in Progress from Scotland Loves Anime!
Given Funi's blu-ray has now been confirmed for February 8th, can you confirm whether the UK release will be using the same disc?

Black Lagoon - This one is on us, should have updated sooner but it'll shift to February 21st shortly as we're boosting up the booklet by a few pages so we had to resubmit to approval. Didn't want to waste the assets we'd received though! Was closer to the wire than we'd like to confirm the new date - which will be out with folks on our store by email soon.
I obviously only speak for myself, but choosing to delay something an entire quarter for the sake a few measly extra pages in the booklet is not the choice I'd've made, personally...

Details are not known or are not yet specified. It is not known if the artbook and how many pages / cover is not certain, etc. I think so. In fact, they also announced a movie once, maybe it is not even known if the series itself? Hmm ...

Btw. Blood-C will be exclusive to Anime Ltd store?

A tiny detail I noticed. The first woman (apologises, I missed her name) mentioned standard editions for both Persona 5 & Promised Neverland, so can probably expect them on one of the days.

Tempted by Kakeguiri, Silver Spoon and CCS.

Still think there should have been a Gundam title though. I appreciate after the SEED debacle they're likely hanging back on Destiny, but far as I'm aware we've heard little to nothing about it for the UK. Even then, a short title like 0080 feels like it could have fit in this year. It's even Christmas themed.

We're about 6 years into Gundam Blu-rays in the UK and they still release at an absolute trickle.

Against all financial logic, I still pray Partridge-sama will bestow upon us March Comes S2.

Are we thinking the CE's shown going into the oven to create that delicious looking mystery box are actual picks for one or both of them? I saw Kokkoku and Welcome to the Ballroom P1, probably.

Anyone pick on anything else? K will have a sale, and there were quite a few scattered releases teased around.

Are we thinking the CE's shown going into the oven to create that delicious looking mystery box are actual picks for one or both of them? I saw Kokkoku and Welcome to the Ballroom P1, probably.
Pretty sure they were the 5 CE's in last year's bundle, Kokkoku and Ballroom part 1 were in it for sure, so they almost certainly won't be in it/them this year.

Back