UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yeah. It seems like the cinema might be a bit funny if you stayed for the whole thing, since it's basically saying, "This was wrong but I watched it all anyway". You couldn't have known the dub would be fixed in later showings but equally you did watch a whole screening which is what your ticket was for.
Thats my thought. If you walked out 5 mins in and explained the reason then most staff would refund

If you watched the whole thing then asked for a refund I would think you were taking the mick

Though, as the definition of "goods" in the act is "anything physical which you can move" I'll be surprised it it actually applies in this context? Especially since there isn't a transfer of rights or ownership.
It would be classed as a service. This legislation was intended to consolidate a few previous acts, including the old Provision of Goods and Services Act so it should apply.

Hello.

This is your weekly reminder that Penguindrum has been quietly delayed yet again to December 13th and totally not to 2022, actually.

Absolutely not 2022, hm hm, no sir.

😑 Geezus, I may as well just cancel my order for this and save myself a few ££. I don't think this is a series I would really care for anyway; it's a total blind buy, and I only ordered it because I never bought the lame US release. Thankfully I've already received Sinners of the System, which was in the same pre-order with Penguindrum - that was the title I was really chomping at the bit to own. I hate to see if we are even lucky enough to get Black Lagoon or Josee before 2023. Black Lagoon still says 29 November... I'll see it when I believe it! 😆

Last edited:
Hello.

This is your weekly reminder that Penguindrum has been quietly delayed yet again to December 13th and totally not to 2022, actually.

Absolutely not 2022, hm hm, no sir.
I really wish they could give us some kind of indication of what the actual issue is with this one, I don't recall any other title receiving so many consecutive delays (ever), so it can't be some general pandemic-related supply issue, but something specific to this release...

I feel like Anime Limited used to be a lot more communicative about such problems in the past.

So I picked up my NGE CE today from the post office and....
Disastrous packaging by zavvi. The slipcase flew back and forth comfortably and has some damage to the corners. This also affected one of the Amarays which I had to replace. And as if that wasn't enough almost all discs are covered with greasy fingerprints. What a mess.

Edit: Scratch that. Two of the three Amarays are actually damaged (;′⌒`)
Sorry to hear that happened. Hope it gets resolved.

I really wish they could give us some kind of indication of what the actual issue is with this one, I don't recall any other title receiving so many consecutive delays (ever), so it can't be some general pandemic-related supply issue, but something specific to this release...

I feel like Anime Limited used to be a lot more communicative about such problems in the past.

Yeah, we were lamenting this very issue here the other day: lack of communication. For someone of their size, they really need to work on that.

I don't know, identify possible issues, put together a general newsletter, send it.

I don't know, I can't pretend to know their workload and the difficulties they face (I imagine it's a lot of both) but you know "X is happening to release Y, we're looking into solution Z. Stay tuned, the new date is -." 🤷‍♂️

If they do actually release Penguindrum on December 13th, I probably won't receive it until February 2022 anyway, due to the Holiday/Covid postal crush - It'll end up sitting in a big shipping crate at either the JFK airport in NYC or the Philadelphia Postal Hub for a couple of months, like last year's Holiday mail...

Just a reminder Cloud Matusri Starts in an hour (6PM GMT), it will be "Anime Limited Christmas Sale Showcase". So we will hopefully find out some upcoming titles and possble items on there 12 days of christmas sale.
And maybe for those sensible people a possible idea of a budget they want to go for.

EDIT: Link to youtube live stream:

NOTE: I think its going live on youtube and should be re-watchable, so anyone who can't make it or forgets, should still be able to watch it, just not live.

Last edited:
If they do actually release Penguindrum on December 13th, I probably won't receive it until February 2022 anyway, due to the Holiday/Covid postal crush - It'll end up sitting in a big shipping crate at either the JFK airport in NYC or the Philadelphia Postal Hub for a couple of months, like last year's Holiday mail...
Mine will probably get lost...

Some updates for folks as it's usually me who's back for this and I've just been off my feet as have the rest of the team! Nonetheless here I am now!

Penguindrum:
It's actually a mix of stuff - global supply chain is absolutely banjaxed just now so there've been delays due to raw materials (for almost every single product to be honest, we've just managed most so you don't see them really) but the main delay was just on time to get the discs to the highest possible level. The discs were authored by MediaOCD and the turnaround including a full QC took a little longer than planned through no fault of anybody really.

Discs now away and off to print so I'm glad to say they'll be out in 2021, time will prove that (he says touching every wooden surface around...!)

Josee - this remains on schedule for end of January, print parts are all off to print nice & early and the disc assets are all in-process there including the Work in Progress from Scotland Loves Anime!

Black Lagoon - This one is on us, should have updated sooner but it'll shift to February 21st shortly as we're boosting up the booklet by a few pages so we had to resubmit to approval. Didn't want to waste the assets we'd received though! Was closer to the wire than we'd like to confirm the new date - which will be out with folks on our store by email soon.

As always, will try to swing by and update when I can :). There's also a whole Ask Andrew on Friday for Cloud Matsuri if folks have any other burning questions asap!

Very best

Andrew

Just a reminder Cloud Matusri Starts in an hour (6PM GMT), it will be "Anime Limited Christmas Sale Showcase". So we will hopefully find out some upcoming titles and possble items on there 12 days of christmas sale.
And maybe for those sensible people a possible idea of a budget they want to go for.

EDIT: Link to youtube live stream:

NOTE: I think its going live on youtube and should be re-watchable, so anyone who can't make it or forgets, should still be able to watch it, just not live.

thanks for the reminder :)

Back