UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Checks You're right. Probably forgot because I really wasn't impressed with how rushed it seemed.

Like I get that having to vet the SEED set after the corrections was likely a huge time sink but it feels like promises for the year didn't match up.
I think there was a few standard edition's gundam release's as well that wouldn't be included in there sale (Maybe just the one, I can't rememeber):
Gundam Iron blooded orphans

Gundam Turn A CE (I think was this year as well, but sold out so they can't put it in the christmas sale anyway)

So I picked up my NGE CE today from the post office and....
Disastrous packaging by zavvi. The slipcase flew back and forth comfortably and has some damage to the corners. This also affected one of the Amarays which I had to replace. And as if that wasn't enough almost all discs are covered with greasy fingerprints. What a mess.

Edit: Scratch that. Two of the three Amarays are actually damaged (;′⌒`)

Last edited:
Disastrous packaging by zavvi. The slipcase flew back and forth comfortably and has some damage to the corners. This also affected one of the Amarays which I had to replace. And as if that wasn't enough almost all discs are covered with greasy fingerprints. What a mess.

Sh*t! So sorry to hear that, that's awful... Hopefully Zavvi will send you refund, but I know that it doesn't comfort much since the product itself is sold out and there's only the Standard Edition left... I guess my copy will arrive in bad shape as well.. My previous order from Zavvi (The Vision of Escaflowne: The Ultimate Edition) came damaged and I don't believe I will have better luck with NGE CE...

Sh*t! So sorry to hear that, that's awful... Hopefully Zavvi will send you refund, but I know that it doesn't comfort much since the product itself is sold out and there's only the Standard Edition left... I guess my copy will arrive in bad shape as well.. My previous order from Zavvi (The Vision of Escaflowne: The Ultimate Edition) came damaged and I don't believe I will have better luck with NGE CE...
I was hoping they would have some backups as replacements, but the odds are probably against it. So I'm going to request a full refund. Right now I'm waiting for a respone by zavvi's CS.
I still have my German "UE" pre-ordered, so it's not too bad. Hopefully the whole refund process will be done by Friday so I can use the money for the German edition. The packaging should be better too, because let's face it, it's not that hard to beat zavvi in that regard.

I hope your package arrives safely :)

Looks like my NGE CE arrived today. The mailman didn't ring the bell so I have to go to the packing station tomorrow. 23€ import duties. But pretty fast shipping to Germany, I thought I'd have to wait another week.
I do not know how it works for your country, but I am from Poland and I sent information to Zavii that I had to pay VAT on delivery (I sent confirmation of VAT payment in attachment) and they refunded this payment. Give it a try. Who knows, maybe your money will be refunded too :)

I do not know how it works for your country, but I am from Poland and I sent information to Zavii that I had to pay VAT on delivery (I sent confirmation of VAT payment in attachment) and they refunded this payment. Give it a try. Who knows, maybe your money will be refunded too :)
Thanks, will try that too :D

Hi I’m new here! How the heck does zavvi package them? Also why has Anime Limited given exclusivity to Zavvi? They’re terrible

Last edited:
Are there any known problems with the discs? In terms of picture quality they seem fine to me https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&d1=6392&d2=10994&s1=60389&s2=107578&i=0&l=0
Wrong gamma in many episodes, and banding and other artifacts, but it's still better than the noise reduced to hell and poorly encoded Funimation BD. Episode 2 English dub track is of lower quality than the Funimation BD.

The Dybex and Dynit BDs are the ones to own for best picture quality.

Wrong gamma in many episodes, and banding and other artifacts, but it's still better than the noise reduced to hell and poorly encoded Funimation BD. Episode 2 English dub track is of lower quality than the Funimation BD.

The Dybex and Dynit BDs are the ones to own for best picture quality.
Got ya. I'm sticking to my Dybex Edition then.
You don't happen to know anything about the upcoming Black Lagoon release in terms of picture quality compared to the Kaze release? Or if there's any hope that they'll fix the english dub? It always sounded very muffled/muted compared to the ambient sounds to me.

Back