UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

??? Rightstuf has the release date for the Collector's Edition as 8/12 on the product page, which is the correct date - only the Standard Edition is releasing on 9/11 in the US.

Damn, really wish I bought that CE over the UE now... Only reason I didn't is because Zavvi wouldn't let me change my address and I'm meant to be moving before it's release date.

I'm a little out of the loop, have All the Anime gained the rights to either Hello World, Belle or Sing a Bit of Harmony?

And if they haven't, how likely do you think they will get them?

Wish I'd ordered it for 80, now. Procrastinated, price went back up to 125 whence next looked, and ended up sticking with the UE in hope it'd be only version to hold value. Alas, if Zavvi ver out of stock, now left waiting a month extra having paid 200 up front for one of two OOP editions. Why can't life/Andrew ever be simple, tis a tragedy, truly.

On the plus side, I put all my DVD singles in two ironically square shaped bags, to make space to put Eva's giant square. That's a positive. When/if it arrives, that is. Sigh, the fates are cruel, cruel I say; forever scorning meee...

Last edited:
I see the link to the Evangelionfilm.co.uk site has never worked but the evangelion.alltheanime.com one does have listings for the cinema showings, so I'm guessing that was the plan all along perhaps. Still a real dearth of subtitled showings with only a few showcase cinemas listed there for subs. Anyone know if we're still awaiting announcements for further subbed showings? Getting a bit twitchy about not having bought a ticket yet...

I'm a little out of the loop, have All the Anime gained the rights to either Hello World, Belle or Sing a Bit of Harmony?

And if they haven't, how likely do you think they will get them?
Belle: Yes, nationwide Theatrical next year

Hello World: Their name was mentioned at the Japan Foundation Tour Programme back in February, wouldn't surprise me if they did get it.

Sing a Bit of Harmony: Funimation co-produced the film so it's with them. Nationwide Theatrical is next year.

As someone who ordered the Standard Edition Eva from HMV I'm really glad people have got the set so early as im sure they'll give it an extreme QC before the official release.
"Just in case"
Also it looks great 👍

Belle: Yes, nationwide Theatrical next year

Hello World: Their name was mentioned at the Japan Foundation Tour Programme back in February, wouldn't surprise me if they did get it.

Sing a Bit of Harmony: Funimation co-produced the film so it's with them. Nationwide Theatrical is next year.

They're showing it in cinemas with a release separate to SLA, so I think it's a definite. From the link

Great Stuff!
Thanks for coming to my rescue!

I've just subscribed to their (un)limited service, just wondering what to expect for the rest of the year and most of 2022.

I wonder if there are any other recentish or older movies that they will be getting the license for?
All the Anime seem to have a high-strike rate for those. (for all that aren't co-produced with Funimation like you mentioned anyways)

Back