UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Everyone hates on Zavvi, but they seem to be actively furthering UK blu-ray releases, whether it be exclusives with Anime Limited or Manga, or domestic releases of Disney 4K blu-rays we wouldn’t have otherwise.
As it stands, I have had less products arrive damaged from Zavvi than I have Anime Limited. Though that number is only 1 from Anime Limited. You should all be complaining about your local Royal Mail service damaging your packages, not Zavvi.
everything else i get via RM is perfectly fine, my MGSHD collection LE whenever that released was sent in a plastic bag and came totally smashed, guess i should blame RM for packaging that incorrectly too

using a big corporation as an excuse for UHD releases is pretty bad, disney should be fine doing it themself rather than signing some exclusivity deal

Not to discredit anyone's experiences with Zavvi but it sure is weird seeing that they have this reputation when all of my orders have arrived perfectly fine. One of the lucky few I guess
I think it's more to do with historical reputation, they used to be extremely bad. It took 6 weeks for a copy of Batman Arkham Knight to arrive from them. And that was after a string of missing packages.

Haven't had much issue with them recently

I think it's more to do with historical reputation, they used to be extremely bad. It took 6 weeks for a copy of Batman Arkham Knight to arrive from them. And that was after a string of missing packages.

Would this be pre-2016? I've only really used them in the past five years and not had any issues. Never really noticed people had issues with them until I joined the forum

Think I might get the Standard Edition of NGE cos I already have the Platinum DVD tin collection years ago and need the movies only.
I also noticed this is not in the standard edition according to the bonus features on product website:

THE END OF EVANGELION - Video Format Version
EPISODE:25' Love is destructive
ONE MORE FINAL: I need you

is it important/necessary? Thanks

got an order for the zavvi edition, the fact that a standard amaray version is coming was expected but still kinda surreal, I mean Eva has been out of print for years now but still feels crazy that it's almost here and going to be fairly accessible, no messing about, no split into parts nonsense, just here ya go, we've been so patient, we deserve it.

I should have made this part a bit clearer, basically we have two versions for the final episodes of the TV series. The original and a director's cut. The ADV release back in the day had both versions on the disc and were even re-dubbed so there's different voice actors for some characters.

The UK Blu-ray release will only cover the Director's Cut version of those episodes, which means the original ADV dub for the original version will pretty much remain lost at this point (as the director's cut will use the ADV director's cut dub instead).

I see, thank you for clearing that up. I think I understand now. I've decided to pre-order the collectors edition. I'm really looking forward to watching this again, it'll be a blast from the past as this was one of the first anime I ever watched, alongside Blue Gender and Nadesico, it was what got me into anime in the first place.

I bought the Weathering With You UHD LE from them, a pretty recent release. It arrived with hefty damage on the spine of the box, that almost certainly could only have occurred before it was packaged, and they only offered me an insulting 10% refund. Not the first time I've had something arrived damaged from them, and I haven't even bought that much from them over the years.

Their packaging is bad and their customer service is even worse. This trend towards Zavvi exclusives is awful because they're one of the worst online retailers out there.

I bought the Weathering With You UHD LE from them, a pretty recent release. It arrived with hefty damage on the spine of the box, that almost certainly could only have occurred before it was packaged, and they only offered me an insulting 10% refund. Not the first time I've had something arrived damaged from them, and I haven't even bought that much from them over the years.

Their packaging is bad and their customer service is even worse. This trend towards Zavvi exclusives is awful because they're one of the worst online retailers out there.
I've always been treated good by Zavvi. One time I bought an anime that took a really long time to get here, so I messaged them and they sent out a replacement. A week later both the old and the new copy arrived the same day. I told them about it and they let me keep both.

I've made four orders with Zavvi and I had to get one replaced because it was inadequately packaged and got damaged in the post.

It hasn't stopped me from ordering the CE from Zavvi, but I'd rather have bought it from All The Anime.

I want an alternate ending to end of evangelion with Until strawberry sherbet by Megumi Hayashibara as an extra for some reason :p. The whole big scene with the stay puft knock off would be great with that.

Hey, I've received my copy of the Violet Evergarden movie just before the weekend, only got to take a look at it tonight, and it has a "groove" on the front of the outer case, it's about a millimeter thick, fairly deep, about 1.5 centimeters from the top and running perfectly parallel to it.

It's quite obviously something that happened before being sent out to me, not something that could have happened in transit, it might not seem like much but I'm just not happy with it, and I have a few questions for you guys if you don't mind;
a) Anyone else seen something like this with this release or others? It really doesn't look like the kind of thing that only happens to one copy of something.
b) Am I being unreasonable, or complaining over nothing?
c) Having looked up their policy on returns and damaged items, if I wanted a replacement, it looks like I would be expected to mail my copy back to them copy back to them, and them mailing a replacement copy out to me, it mentions a refund on postage costs but would that even apply to me if sending from Ireland?
d) Given that policy, I'm guessing there's no chance of them simply sending just a replacement for the outer case, which is all I would like?

I know someone mentioned somewhere in this thread something about a change in how they handle returns from the EU after brexit, but I can't find that now, so I'm just wondering how you guys have fared with replacements and the like, particular from outside the UK post brexit.

It's probably worth sending them a message anyway, they're usually pretty helpful. From what you describe it might have been scored by a box cutter or something similar when the person packing/unpacking boxes misjudged their strength and then it wasn't noticed?

The problem you'll have being outside the UK is that any replacement they send (from their UK office) may be liable for customs which might add extra costs for you, even if it's just a box. I don't know how much An Post charges in fees but that would be annoying. But if I were you I'd send them a message anyway with your order details and pictures of the damage to see what can be done.

R

Back