UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I remember when I was nicer and, having acquired a spare import Eva platinum art box, I gave it away on here. Art box alone prob worth £50, now. I wish I'd got the R2 platinum tin, dented or no, but alas...

I was momentarily confused if I'd got a different Xenoblade CE, but you're right: a vinyl is in there, which is still sealed since I got nuffin to play it on. Explains the shape of the box, does that. Does also make one ponder why GitS/Eva are squares as don't think either come with vinyls, and giant sqaure+Bluray shelves go together not. A mystery~
Yeah I don't have anything to play vinyls on either but they look cool innit so why not. I have a lot of laserdiscs so I'm used to that shape and size packaging, you should see the End of Eva Laserdisc Box set, that thing is huge!

Friendly reminder 🌞

DescriptionQuantity
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ultimate Edition Blu-ray
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Ultimate Edition Blu-ray1500 → 383

The EVA themed BD order page + information about forthcoming editions

Last edited:
If anyone wants to help a Polish fan, please buy me a copy. I will buy it back in a week, because I have no funds at the moment.

I do not hope there will be a copy by then, so ... send me a PM :)

As a way of recognition, I offer a few Funimation codes (digital anime). If anyone wanted xD

giphy.gif

Brb gonna sell my house so I can buy all of the remaining copies of NGE UE. Then I will flip them for 50-100% profit and buy two houses!

I am curious if scalpers have got a few 100. In a few years, these are going to sell for £1000 unless there's a third wave/Satou-Ajin, or the SE/CE devalues them. Yesterday, listed my R1 platinum DVDs. Sold today for £250 to someone in Canada. I don't know if the pound is that weak but he even paid £70 shipping (to eBay) on top. Crazy when this BD ultimate set is £200... in maybe 3/4.5 months. Eva and Gundam Wing fans are quite something. If only other DVDs hoarded sold for so much~

I've ordered and will decide what doing, on the 30th. Not happy to pay up so much up front, with how delays and AL tend to mix far too often. Maquia made me forever doubt them. Having made a profit, feel like replacing like with like, kinda. Before I was leaning towards the can-store-on-my-shelf, not-a-sqaure-I'd-use-as-a-TV-stand edition. Wish AL let you cancel manually without emailing, and took money weeks before, rather than months. I'm not pledging to a Kickstarter 'ere. No product, no monies. Equivalent exchange. A 10% deposit fee would be more reasoanable.

Anyway, I digress: feel somehow dirty for wanting CitizenGeek's fav thing ever, but EoE is one of my favourite anime films. I'll never forget Asuka's timed showdown/the wtfishappeninginspacewithewithrei bit... or how the Rebuilds irked me giving Asuka an eyepatch. Anno lost his way once he stopped being miserable, and misery loves company.

Last edited:
Ngl, slightly surprised by Looking for Magical Doremi, as that series is not very popular outside of some circles.

It's pretty obvious that the Mystery Film is going to be Belle, since that made over 5 billion yen in Japan.

Hopefully they'll show Inu-Oh.

If you think Evangellion is expensive could you imagine if Anime Limited ever got Macross? That would be a whole new ball park cost wise.
With Funimation already doing Robotech I think we can safely assume where Macross will come from if it ever gets a UK release.
So no £300 edition to worry about hopefully!

I've been thinking with Manga/Funi washing their hands of Jojo's releases that maybe AL or MVM would give it a shot and as much as I like AL releases I'd like it to cost less than a new car!

With Funimation already doing Robotech I think we can safely assume where Macross will come from if it ever gets a UK release.
So no £300 edition to worry about hopefully!

I've been thinking with Manga/Funi washing their hands of Jojo's releases that maybe AL or MVM would give it a shot and as much as I like AL releases I'd like it to cost less than a new car!

Oh manga/funi have no plans for part 4 onwards? That's a shame but I would love to see AL releases of those parts

Could the To Be Confirmed film be Kimi Wa Kanata?

Seems like there's no plans.
I also think AL would do a good release, but at this point it's a ticking clock for myself and I'd imagine others that if someone doesn't get it soon we'll just import the AU release...
Not so sure another company would go for it since it probably flopped. If it did well for Manga they'd likely continue for more parts

I am curious if scalpers have got a few 100. In a few years, these are going to sell for £1000 unless there's a third wave/Satou-Ajin, or the SE/CE devalues them. Yesterday, listed my R1 platinum DVDs. Sold today for £250 to someone in Canada. I don't know if the pound is that weak but he even paid £70 shipping (to eBay) on top. Crazy when this BD ultimate set is £200... in maybe 3/4.5 months. Eva and Gundam Wing fans are quite something. If only other DVDs hoarded sold for so much~
Selling my last copy too now. Doubt it'll go for anything close to that (Slimline adv versions & box) but if I can get what I paid for them I'll be happy enough. I expect the prices to drop rapidly as the Bluray release becomes common knowledge & I feel a little dirty selling them to someone that might not know better!

Oh manga/funi have no plans for part 4 onwards? That's a shame but I would love to see AL releases of those parts
From what I heard, Boruto & JoJo were from a bundle with Viz Europe and basically they need to arrange a deal for another bundle to get more episodes which is why both have yet to receive more releases over here.

Back