UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well I've sent an email to cancel my order and then I joined AnimeUnlimited and ordered it again, did this just before that above was posted so didn't know I'll now have to wait until the end of January now, but so be it, I'm sure I'll live.

Somehow apparently not the UK distributor.
In fairness, AL has had Ultimate Editions of other highly revered classic shows, and Andrew did say that the initial print run was based on their usual sell-through, with UE's never selling before launch, nevermind within 24 hours.

I imagine fans being starved of an Eva release for over a decade, plus the far higher media coverage due to the global nature of the release (and Netflix's earlier re-release), really boosted awareness for this in a way no previous UE has really had.

The funny thing about the Eva UE is it's not supposed to be exclusive to any retailer and they still sold through their initial 1500 copies in less than a day via their own site lol I'm sure there will be some cancellations when the other editions are revealed (I'd definitely cancel mine if there's a cheaper version in a nice shelf friendly box with the ADV dub included as I don't care about the other extras) but it's still kinda funny.

Thinking about it I don’t think the UE would be the only way to get the ADV content. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot when it’s a key USP, and why wouldn’t they market the UE is the only way like they did for SDBD and Gundam Seed because being vague helps no one and it will lead controversy come Aug 30 whatever way it goes (esp if the UE is then OOP).

Thinking about it I don’t think the UE would be the only way to get the ADV content. Why would they shoot themselves in the foot when it’s a key USP, and why wouldn’t they market the UE is the only way like they did for SDBD and Gundam Seed because being vague helps no one and it will lead controversy come Aug 30 whatever way it goes (esp if the UE is then OOP).
I like the optimisim but the way I see it is that it wouldn't make financial sense to have so many blu-ray discs on a regular release. Unless they sell it as it's own seperate thing.

Being vague gets all the FOMO sales. Once someone has accepted the cost and actually paid, they'll be less likely to cancel. They'll lose less sales of the UE announcing the CE/SE later with the ADV dub than they would if they were all launched at the same time. I know I won't be bothering to switch to a different edition, I've made peace with the £180 for the UE already.

I like the optimisim but the way I see it is that it wouldn't make financial sense to have so many blu-ray discs on a regular release. Unless they sell it as it's own seperate thing.
I think it will be CE only or you have to buy the discs specific so you have to buy both in a bundle. I’m optimistic because I think everybody knows including AL & Khara if they f this up it won’t go down well. Hence why we are even getting different editions so close.
Being vague gets all the FOMO sales. Once someone has accepted the cost and actually paid, they'll be less likely to cancel. They'll lose less sales of the UE announcing the CE/SE later with the ADV dub than they would if they were all launched at the same time. I know I won't be bothering to switch to a different edition, I've made peace with the £180 for the UE already.
I do see that as well. AL has precedent let’s not forget Fumoffu but again that was advertised then they broke it, this is the first time they are being vague to an annoying degree, is that because of Khara, is that because it joint across three regions who knows (bar AL ofc).

The funny thing about the Eva UE is it's not supposed to be exclusive to any retailer and they still sold through their initial 1500 copies in less than a day via their own site lol I'm sure there will be some cancellations when the other editions are revealed (I'd definitely cancel mine if there's a cheaper version in a nice shelf friendly box with the ADV dub included as I don't care about the other extras) but it's still kinda funny.
It's exclusive to the AL store as stated on the Eva subsite. The listing on the store just uses the usual blurb and is incorrect.

Think I will wait for a cheaper edition even if its a while off. The Ultimate edition is too much for me anyway. Its a shame AL don't have the movies.

Back