UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Sod it! It'll be my birthday, I have a bunch of anime to sell & I'd regret not having it. That said it'll probably be my next birthday by the time it actually arrives :p

Time to delve into the dark world of ebay & sell some of my old anime box sets like I've been meaning to!

... I was only joking about disappointment with other presents though :p.

ngl the FOMO is strong with this. It's helpful that while I have seen it on ye olde sci-fi channel, I have no nostalgia towards it. I've been reminding myself quite a bit that a CE instead of the UE will be good enough

For those still contemplating, if anyone has the Anime Unlimited subscription, you can still use the discount for the UE, and reduce the price to exactly £180. I know it's not much of a saving for some people, but a saving is still a saving.

ngl the FOMO is strong with this. It's helpful that while I have seen it on ye olde sci-fi channel, I have no nostalgia towards it. I've been reminding myself quite a bit that a CE instead of the UE will be good enough

I liked Eva for what it was but I didn't grow up with it, I saw it for the first time within the last year or so, so I too would buy a CE edition without complaint

I was a particularly messed up teen (yes even for a teen :p) when I first saw Evangelion late night on the sci-fi channel so it has serious nostalgia for me.
The only other anime I'd pay crazy prices for is blue gender but an ultimate release for that will never happen & I doubt it'll ever even get a bluray release.

Where this one is concerned, if the LE has both dubs I'd likely just get that for longterm viewing; if it doesn't I'd be disappointed that it was held back. The way the set is vanishing rapidly it feels like a long term investment anyway as I sold one of my 2 Evangelion platinum dvd box sets last year for nearly £150.

I'm not really a fan of the paperweight, there's so much potential for something with the license that it feels kinda boring, maybe I'll feel differently when I've seen final shots though.

I was also one of those that got suckered by the big Ghost in the Shell SAC release from manga uk, I will sell that soon & get the standard release but I have no idea what it's worth.

Heads up: The 5,000 unit US version from GKIDS has sold out already, and the 1,500 unit UK version from Anime Limited is almost sold out.

yAh4ZbTJ_400x400.jpg

Well then, will be interesting what is upcoming with these new editions that have been hinted at.

Since I never made a prediction about the set, and the thing I cared about is in it regardless of version it seems, I do think theres a decent shot of the ADV/Manga stuff being in a CE type product (judging by some of the reactions and comments of both staff at the companies involved and others). I just wouldn't expect them in a standard version, that much is, probably, clear. Of course, this could be very wrong! I would love to know if it was technical reason these dubs are on new discs (as I don't think there were visual edits in those ADV/Manga dubs, sound effects were added yes, but not sure about the former) or just something business related (which the answer to that is probably obvious).

Looking forward to finding out!

Last edited:
If there was any anime that I would pay £200 for, it would be Eva, I can't think of anything else really that would come close to me, a nice Gunbuster set? That's a lot of pounds per episode! Skipping this was a little hard, and I was gonna go on a huge essay about how I don't spend as much money these days but that would be a lie, I have £200 worth of pokemon cards coming this week, but damn it I can't spend that much on a blu-ray okay?! 100% interested in a standard/cheaper set, maybe I'm just not as interested in these crazy extravagant ultimate sets these days? And although it seems to be really well put together, it having old art from the laserdiscs made it a little easier for me to avoid, but I'm a minority on that one, this is new art to the rest of the world, whats a laserdisc? Regardless it seems to have been a huge success so congrats on that to the team, getting the Eva license and doing a big release that has blown their sales predictions out the water, long live evangelion.

Down to 95 units as of this post. That was quick.

For the people waking up to it being out of stock, remember AL are looking into solutions (i.e. coming up with more stock or a similar edition, most likely), so there's still a chance you can get it later on!

Edit: 85. It just won't stop selling. Stop, damn you! stoooooooooop

Last edited:
Back