UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If there was any anime that I would pay £200 for, it would be Eva, I can't think of anything else really that would come close to me, a nice Gunbuster set? That's a lot of pounds per episode! Skipping this was a little hard, and I was gonna go on a huge essay about how I don't spend as much money these days but that would be a lie, I have £200 worth of pokemon cards coming this week, but damn it I can't spend that much on a blu-ray okay?! 100% interested in a standard/cheaper set, maybe I'm just not as interested in these crazy extravagant ultimate sets these days? And although it seems to be really well put together, it having old art from the laserdiscs made it a little easier for me to avoid, but I'm a minority on that one, this is new art to the rest of the world, whats a laserdisc? Regardless it seems to have been a huge success so congrats on that to the team, getting the Eva license and doing a big release that has blown their sales predictions out the water, long live evangelion.

Evangelion is one of two….maybe three anime that I’d pay almost any price for. The others being the original Macross, and possibly El-Hazard (although I have the JP Bandai set, so only if it were a mega set incorporating both OAVs and the series).

There’s other stuff; Lum, Maison Ikkoku, City Hunter, Orange Road….but even with those I’d be hesitant of spending too much on them (hence I still haven’t imported City Hunter or Orange Road).

Eva (and Macross) though, I’ll probably end up getting the UE, CE, LE, standard edition and anything in between….! 😂

I wonder how many will be back in stock, should all the non UK orders be cancelled…
Yep, I am wondering that too. I will order the standard edition just in case AL cancels my Ultimate Edition order in December. Sucks that they can't confirm via DMs or via their site's contact format if non UK orders will be cancelled.

Okay I don't what to get anyone's hopes up but I've had a look at the FAQ on the EVA page Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition Pre-order
Specifically the questions:
Where else can I buy the ultimate? Going by the answer this means its exclusive to AL store and won't be in any other store in UK and Ireland.

Can my order be shipped internationally? (US/AU) this looks to me as talking in general terms of the AL store and not specifically the EVA release, as we all know the AL store does ship internationally.

As I posted above I think its a similar situation as rightstuf and aniplex titles as it always says on the product page America, central America and Canada only but we all know the ship them to the UK, as I and many others have bought them.

Okay I don't what to get anyone's hopes up but I've had a look at the FAQ on the EVA page Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition Pre-order
Specifically the questions:
Where else can I buy the ultimate? Going by the answer this means its exclusive to AL store and won't be in any other store in UK and Ireland.

Can my order be shipped internationally? (US/AU) this looks to me as talking in general terms of the AL store and not specifically the EVA release, as we all know the AL store does ship internationally.

As I posted above I think its a similar situation as rightstuf and aniplex titles as it always says on the product page America, central America and Canada only but we all know the ship them to the UK, as I and many others have bought them.
Incidentally the product listing on the normal AL website says it isnt exclusive to any one retailer. Though at the moment with it about to sell out it's a moot point unless they increase the print run.

The end is nigh, 4 left.
Could be interesting to see if they‘ve set it up to cope with pre-orders where the quantity reaches zero.
I doubt it’ll go into the negatives, but expect there would be a new ‘register interest’ option.

I didn’t really expect there to be that many people in the UK with a pent-up need for a pricey anime release. Similar to AtA…

Back