UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That doesn't explain why it needs to be re-licensed at all though - these things are usually in perpetuity and issues usually arise when rights were never obtained in the first place (e.g. Zeta Gundam).
It might be due to the original being licensed through ADV and the length of time since the original license. Very possible that due to different companies handling it and the license expiring they'd need to set up a new license

That doesn't explain why it needs to be re-licensed at all though - these things are usually in perpetuity and issues usually arise when rights were never obtained in the first place (e.g. Zeta Gundam).

You might also have to relicence for new formats. I remember a lot of classic shows on VHS like Quantum Leap and Baywatch suddenly had their music replaced when they made the leap to DVD. Maybe if AL release Eva on DVD they can keep the song.

Am I the only one that saw the packaging was a cardbox with either crap digipacks or worse the discs going in card sleeves and thought, £200, jog on?
Blu-rays are scratch resistant so that is never a concern for me. With how many people on this forum seem to end up with scratched blu-rays, I can only assume that I must be using all mine wrong somehow.

GKIDS have said on Twitter that only the DC versions of 21-24 are included.
tBVfYXb.jpg

Down to 232 left. At some point the speculators will start buying what remains so this is definitely selling out within hours rather than days. Congrats, Andrew, even though this must be a very stressful time! I wanted to wait until next month to buy but the nostalgia is too strong.

R

personally i'm not too fussed about this tbh
If I recall correctly the UK Platinum Collection doesn't have both versions either.
It definitely does have both versions, you can select which one you want on the main menu. Having said that, I’m not fussed either. The DC has many more original scenes in the later episodes which I consider essential. The changing of voice actors never bothered me, it was never a big noticeable difference to me. The only change I can think of from the top of my head is kaworu as he was recast but I never liked the original voice actor for him anyway.

It definitely does have both versions, you can select which one you want on the main menu. Having said that, I’m not fussed either. The DC has many more original scenes in the later episodes which I consider essential. The changing of voice actors never bothered me, it was never a big noticeable difference to me. The only change I can think of from the top of my head is kaworu as he was recast but I never liked the original voice actor for him anyway.

Should do, the US discs have both and the UK discs are clones of it.
ah, I must be misremembering then

I'm assuming the packaging will be similar to the Ghost in the Shell SAC UE. Looks to be around the same size.
Size wise it appears to be similar to a laserdisc or vinyl set.

Just after clearing out a couple of hundred laserdiscs in work, all old opera performaces. The player there was a bit of an oddity, a hybrid laserdisc/dvd Pioneer deck.

If I recall correctly the UK Platinum Collection doesn't have both versions either.
It definitely does have both versions, you can select which one you want on the main menu.
Here's the catch, though: the so-called "On-air" versions of the Director's Cut episodes found on the Platinum Edition are not actually the On-air versions at all, but are in fact the Director's Cut episodes minus the new content, along with other tweaks that merely recall the originals. See those links of mine earlier in this thread for more detail.

Here's the catch, though: the so-called "On-air" versions of the Director's Cut episodes found on the Platinum Edition are not actually the On-air versions at all, but are in fact the Director's Cut episodes minus the new content, along with other tweaks that merely recall the originals. See those links of mine earlier in this thread for more detail.
You know.. I didn't really consider that, when I really should have, given I have watched the show on its original UK vhs release. I never owned any of the evangelion DVD's prior to the platinum collection but I assume they are similar if not the same.. For the extra scenes alone however I still -personally- don't see this as an issue, It's a curiousity to me and nothing else, I wouldn't want to watch an older cut of evangelion with less content that I see as essential.

But we are talking 200 pounds here, and I'm not the only customer, so..

Back