UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just got reminded that Genocidal Organ had a theatrical release by AL a few years ago but it never came out on BD in the UK. Wonder who has the rights still?
When the partnership between Anime Limited and Funimation ended a few years back so did their various releases. Genocidal Organ was one of many releases cancelled due to the rights reverting back to Funimation.

When the partnership between Anime Limited and Funimation ended a few years back so did their various releases. Genocidal Organ was one of many releases cancelled due to the rights reverting back to Funimation.
Madman had it for a short time tho iv not relly seen any stock in store for months

infact i think the license was pulled a short time after it came to stores , i did get a copy :)

It's been updated on the store page now. I was going to say that I'm sure it was still 16th August a day or two ago. They make use of multiple social media sites and yet somehow don't think to communicate these things.

I don't know if it's a cookies thing on my browser or if it's because I got up extremely early or whatever but I could swear it still had the wrong date as early as this morning because I checked before writing my first post. I follow them on Twitter, and I receive mails concerning their new stuff, but I didn't get an email about the delay at all.

I'm guessing it's only for people who ordered directly with them.

Yeah, I don't use their store so I usually have to get my info about delays from this forum.

Not that I'm really bothered cause I got plenty of other stuff to watch, but it kind of blows my mind that they get to the weekend prior to release before realising that they have to delay it for another six (or at least tell people who ordered from their store about it).

Yeah, I don't use their store so I usually have to get my info about delays from this forum.

Not that I'm really bothered cause I got plenty of other stuff to watch, but it kind of blows my mind that they get to the weekend prior to release before realising that they have to delay it for another six (or at least tell people who ordered from their store about it).

Yeah, the importance placed on communication feels inversely proportional to their growth. One would think it would at least be uniform across all their social media so everyone can keep up to date.

Maybe eventually.

I got the email about the delay also. I'm never bothered really, when I pre-order I just kind of forget about it until it shows up. I'm still going through what I bought from Christmas lol, and last year.

Last edited:
I don't consider the Penguindrum delay a big deal, but I can't help but wonder if this is going to be isolated to that release or affect other things going forward, Eternity and the Auto-Memory Doll releasing on monday as scheduled seems rather unlikely, and the pre-orders launched during their sale don't seem to have any release date listed at all now (unless they're actually shipping already?).

About Penguindrum though, the one thing I am curious about is whether it'll be a single or 2 amaray cases, the updated image still suggests single but the text still states 2 amarays, 2 cases would be more in line with their recent releases, especially for something with 3 discs...

It isn't an isolated case, Demon slayer part 2 slipped release dates twice before it was finally released, it was originally April, then slipped to June and finally released in July.
Penguindrum is another slip.
It maybe why we still haven't had the release schedule for September, as they don't want too many more slipped release dates, even though we only get news of what is scheduled a month before and they still have problems, are we to see weekly updates for releases, rather than monthly?

Since Anime Ltd was listed on the credits of EVANGELION: 3.0+1.01, I am wondering if they have licensed the final movie and the previous Rebuild movies as well. I noticed that Manga UK's releases of Rebuild movies are out of print and I sadly wasn't able to buy them when they were released by Manga UK. So, how likely do you think it is for Anime Limited to have licensed ALL the Rebuild movies? I would love a complete collection release with all the four movies together.

Last edited:
Since Anime Ltd was listed on the credits of EVANGELION: 3.0+1.01, I am wondering if they have licensed the final movie and the previous Rebuild movies as well. I noticed that Manga UK's releases of Rebuild movies are out of print and I sadly wasn't able to buy them when they were released by Manga UK. So, how likely do you think it is for Anime Limited to have licensed ALL the Rebuild movies? I would love a complete collection release with all the four movies together.
Well for starters, Funimation currently owns the home video rights for all English-speaking territories (US, UK etc) and at the moment 1.11 is out of print. It is possible for Anime Ltd to acquire the rights for 3.0+1.01 but I don't think a complete collection will be possible at this moment.

There's also the fact that later this month, EVANGELION: 3.333 is getting a 4K Ultra HD release which I am curious to see if that will make it over to the west.

and at the moment 1.11 is out of print. It is possible for Anime Ltd to acquire the rights for 3.0+1.01 but I don't think a complete collection will be possible at this moment.
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance seems to be out of print too. Or at least I can't find the UK blu-ray of it anywhere. Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo is the only one I can find available.

Are home video rights for Rebuild movies and the original anime series different? I had hope that since AL was able to get the rights for the original Evangelion anime tv series and The End of Evangelion movie, they would also be able to get rights to the Rebuild movies, especially since Manga UK's releases of it seem to be out of print. Oh well, sucks to be me again.

Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance seems to be out of print too. Or at least I can't find the UK blu-ray of it anywhere. Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo is the only one I can find available.

Are home video rights for Rebuild movies and the original anime series different? I had hope that since AL was able to get the rights for the original Evangelion anime tv series and The End of Evangelion movie, they would also be able to get rights to the Rebuild movies, especially since Manga UK's releases of it seem to be out of print. Oh well, sucks to be me again.
2.0 and 3.0 never got a Blu-ray release. That designation refers to the theatrical version. The Blu-ray versions are designated 2.22 and 3.33 (or 3.333 if you consider the recent reissue).

And yeah all entries count as separate licenses. If Funimation still holds the license then Anime Limited won't be able to release them

Back